Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Stop trying to blend Palestinian cause terrorists with al queda. They're two different things.
    At some point, I'd still be interestied in exploring this tangent.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Stop trying to blend Palestinian cause terrorists with al queda. They're two different things. Are you just unable to think that through or unwilling because it supports your stance?
    Here is the statement my post referred to

Originally Posted by BARYE
    THAT IS NOT TRUE !!!

Iraq under Saddam was NOT a terrorist haven !!!

Now, please stop being so naive, it is well documented that Saddam supported a terrorist haven. I really don't care what name they use to support their cause I support taking the appropriate steps to eliminate them. If you care to research these indviduals you will see they are Al-Queda and it is documented they met with the Iraqi govt officials prior to 9-11 (Nawaz al Hamz, Khalid al Midhar, Muhammad Attu). I previously posted information on Palestinian terrorist. If it looks like a terrorist, kills like a terrorist, and/or supports a terrorist with funds or safety it is a terrorist.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Here is the statement my post referred to

Originally Posted by BARYE
    THAT IS NOT TRUE !!!

Iraq under Saddam was NOT a terrorist haven !!!

Now, please stop being so naive, it is well documented that Saddam supported a terrorist haven. I really don't care what name they use to support their cause I support taking the appropriate steps to eliminate them. If you care to research these indviduals you will see they are Al-Queda and it is documented they met with the Iraqi govt officials prior to 9-11 (Nawaz al Hamz, Khalid al Midhar, Muhammad Attu). I previously posted information on Palestinian terrorist. If it looks like a terrorist, kills like a terrorist, and/or supports a terrorist with funds or safety it is a terrorist.

And if you think the U.S. is at war with ALL terrorists no matter their cause then I would say you are wrong. About all you can say the Bathist Hussein regime supported were Palestinian cause terroists. That is not what the Neo-Con admin was implying when they stole the 9-11 jingoinsm to put their Iraq invasion plan to work. That was wrong and people now realize it was wrong. You can come to that realization at your own pace.
    Did you listen to a mother of a fallen soldier, on Oreilly, who met with Bush, describe her experience?
    Yes I did....she also stated that she felt that Micheal Moore right in his views. She has had contact with MoveOn.org with scheduling interviews, etc.... I actually thought that Orielly was very respectful while remaining direct to the points she was raising.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Yes I did....she also stated that she felt that Micheal Moore right in his views. She has had contact with MoveOn.org with scheduling interviews, etc.... I actually thought that Orielly was very respectful while remaining direct to the points she was raising.

O'Reilly did show surprising restraint. But I got the feeling that woman's attitude was different than they were expecting and he had no choice.

Why the "Michael Moore" & "MoveOn" associations? Do you think this immediately discredits anyone?

Hobbess-- why the antipathy for Michael Moore and Moveon ?? have you watched Fahrenheit 9/11 -- really watched it -- with an open mind ??

I have articulated the foundation of my loathing for junior -- lets hear your basis for yours ...
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Why the "Michael Moore" & "MoveOn" associations? Do you think this immediately discredits anyone?
    Duh!!
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    And if you think the U.S. is at war with ALL terrorists no matter their cause then I would say you are wrong. About all you can say the Bathist Hussein regime supported were Palestinian cause terroists. That is not what the Neo-Con admin was implying when they stole the 9-11 jingoinsm to put their Iraq invasion plan to work. That was wrong and people now realize it was wrong. You can come to that realization at your own pace.
    I agree and disagree with you on the U.S. is not being at war with all terrorist. In one manner of speaking terrorism as a whole is damaged everytime we remove a training site, a leader or identify a plot prior to them carrying out the plan. I also believe that as a whole the terrorist organization weigh the possiblity of retaliation before they strike, and if they think we will rain down death and destruction they will think twice before hitting us again in the USA. However I fully realize we have not put enough pressure on certain govts or taken a hard enough stance with situations that continue to support terrorist activities. I am glad you accept the fact that the Saddam regime did support terrorist (Palestinian and/or Al-Queda) and for that we needed to take a stand. I also feel we need to continue in Afghanastan, as well as apply pressure to other govts that harbor terrorist. We will continue to disagree on the role Iraq had with 9-11 as will much of the world disagre on that, yes some who felt there was a direct link have changed their mind as well as some who felt there was no link now believe there was a substanial link. As long as people are dying the emotions will be high and the arguments continue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Originally Posted by daThomas

Duh!!

is that it -- is that all the right can articulate ??

no wonder junior has been able to lead us into a hole...
    Last edited by BARYE; 08/18/2005 at 12:33 PM. Reason: less inflammatory noun
    situations that continue to support terrorist activities. I am glad you accept the fact that the Saddam regime did support terrorist (Palestinian and/or Al-Queda) and for that we needed to take a stand.
    Saudia Arabia -- our ALLY -- also gave support to those Palestinian terrorists -- as did Iran.

Saddam gave $25K (?) to the families of those who had blown themselves up. These were also people who had had their homes demolished as retaliation for their children's dastardly acts...
    Not really an incentive per se ...
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim
    Second, I do not know what the jihadists has to do with the attack on Iraq, accept that there seem to be "court-approved" links between Iraq and Al-Qaeda.
    There have been some stories developing over the last 6 months or so, though to the best of my knowledge are still being confirmed, but point to possible links between Iraq and AQ attacks against Jordan and US targets in Jordan with chem/bio attacks:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=294

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=306

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=292

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=307

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=296

To answer Da's Kool Aide post now......this is a valid story...not an editorial. This is developing story that has yet to be confirmed, and cannot be simply disregarded because it does not fall into anyone's line of hopeful thought process or political affiliation.

Basically, no matter if anyone believes there were AQ and Saddam connections or not.....apparently the verdict is still pending new and developing information, investigations, and testimony.
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 08/18/2005 at 01:03 PM.
    I am glad you accept the fact that the Saddam regime did support terrorist (Palestinian and/or Al-Queda) and for that we needed to take a stand.
    I do not believe that nor did I suggest it.

What is your view on U.S. relations with Sinn Fein? Invade Ireland?
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    Saudia Arabia -- our ALLY -- also gave support to those Palestinian terrorists -- as did Iran.

Saddam gave $25K (?) to the families of those who had blown themselves up. These were also people who had had their homes demolished as retaliation for their children's dastardly acts...
    Not really an incentive per se ...
    May I also point out that Saudi Arabia, our ally and the Bushies buddy, ignored the activities of their al queda.
    There have been some stories developing over the last 6 months or so, though to the best of my knowledge are still being confirmed, but point to possible links between Iraq and AQ attacks against Jordan and US targets in Jordan with chem/bio attacks:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=294

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=306

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=292

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=307

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=296

To answer Da's Kool Aide post now......this is a valid story...not an editorial. This is developing story that has yet to be confirmed, and cannot be simply disregarded because it does not fall into anyone's line of hopeful thought process or political affiliation.

Basically, no matter if anyone believes there were AQ and Saddam connections or not.....apparently the verdict is still pending new and developing information, information, and testimony.

You can dredge up plenty of former Bathist officials that will sing and dance whatever you want to stay out of our torture rooms.
    No. Everyone should have a chance to be heard, you being able to post here is a case in point.

It was just that you did not mention that part of the interview and I posted a simple statement giving the whole scope of her political affiliations. I said nothing about her credentials or validity in her comments, you questioned that when associated with Michael Moore and MoveOn.org.
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 08/18/2005 at 01:01 PM.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    Hobbess-- why the antipathy for Michael Moore and Moveon ?? have you watched Fahrenheit 9/11 -- really watched it -- with an open mind ??

I have articulated the foundation of my loathing for junior -- lets hear your basis for yours ...
    BARYE, This is a movie, it is not a factual documentary, just like the rebuttal movie that came out is just a movie.

Plot Outline: Michael Moore's view on what happened to the United States after September 11; and how the Bush Administration allegedly used the tragic event to push forward its agenda for unjust wars in Afghanistan and Iraq

As the plot outline of the movie states it one man's views. He made a movie so he is only going to use his views and any information to support his views. Too many people point to these movies and quote them like they were factual events instead of hollywood.
    May I also point out that Saudi Arabia, our ally and the Bushies buddy, ignored the activities of their al queda.
    I fully agree with this statement, and have made it several times before in other threads.

The sad reality is that we cannot take on the everyone at the same time. We are getting assistance from them in that area of the world.

I believe that this will be have to be addressed and that we will eventually be forced to come toe to toe in one forum or another, whether politically, economic with sanctions, or even eventually militarily due to their continual active support of terror orgs.
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 08/18/2005 at 01:13 PM.
    BARYE, This is a movie, it is not a factual documentary, just like the rebuttal movie that came out is just a movie.

Plot Outline: Michael Moore's view on what happened to the United States after September 11; and how the Bush Administration allegedly used the tragic event to push forward its agenda for unjust wars in Afghanistan and Iraq

As the plot outline of the movie states it one man's views. He made a movie so he is only going to use his views and any information to support his views. Too many people point to these movies and quote them like they were factual events instead of hollywood.

I respect what you wrote and there's alot truth to it. But cardio have you actually watched Fahrenheit 9/11 ? (with an open mind, of course)
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I do not believe that nor did I suggest it.

What is your view on U.S. relations with Sinn Fein? Invade Ireland?
    You still do not believe that Iraq had ties with any terrorist?????

Unfortunately, I really do not have enough knowledge on our relations with Sinn Fein to debate the issues. I will get up to speed and carry on a dialogue in the future though.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    No arguments on that, Saudi needs to get on board with elimination of terrorist or face the consequences as well. What will those consequences be? who knows at this point, but we have not done nearly enough yet.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast