Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 180
  1. #121  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Now that's just blonde bashing!
    aHHHHHHHHHHHHH, bring back the blonde German anglo lookin Seattle liberal!!!!!!!!
  2. #122  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Now that's just blonde bashing!
    Hey daT...I like this look better. You're cute
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  3. #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Hey daT...I like this look better. You're cute
    Oh sure. I'm "cute" when I don't look like a raging blonde liberal!

    You should see the buzz cut i just got. Would take a pic but my treo is the 600.
  4. #124  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Oh sure. I'm "cute" when I don't look like a raging blonde liberal!

    You should see the buzz cut i just got. Would take a pic but my treo is the 600.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  5. #125  
    I think this thread strayed a bit...but never-the-less: Has anyone seen who is supporting, funding, doing the PRPRPR $and$ $feeding$ $the$ $press$ $for$ $this$ $woman$...$Cindy$ $Sheehan$? $Some$ $of$ $the$ $most$ $leftist$, $America$-$hating$, $anti$-$capitalist$ $and$ $anti$-$democratic$ $socialists$ $such$ $as$ $Move$-$On$.$org$, $George$ $Soros$, $Michael$ $Moore$, $etc$.

    I am sorry, I used to be sympathetic for her loss, but now it is quite apparent that she is shamelessly using the the death of her heroic son (he died trying to save his buddies in action) to further a political agenda.

    Shame on her and those that support her. Bottom line: we are at war. You can object and disagree with that, but actively rooting for our failure in war....and withdrawing sure would constitute a failure by any military measure...is anti-American and puts us all in danger.

    just my humble opinion.

    "Not as lean, not as mean, but always a Marine"
  6. #126  
    Quote Originally Posted by winginit
    I think this thread strayed a bit...but never-the-less: Has anyone seen who is supporting, funding, doing the PRPRPR $and$ $feeding$ $the$ $press$ $for$ $this$ $woman$...$Cindy$ $Sheehan$? $Some$ $of$ $the$ $most$ $leftist$, $America$-$hating$, $anti$-$capitalist$ $and$ $anti$-$democratic$ $socialists$ $such$ $as$ $Move$-$On$.$org$, $George$ $Soros$, $Michael$ $Moore$, $etc$.

    I am sorry, I used to be sympathetic for her loss, but now it is quite apparent that she is shamelessly using the the death of her heroic son (he died trying to save his buddies in action) to further a political agenda.

    Shame on her and those that support her. Bottom line: we are at war. You can object and disagree with that, but actively rooting for our failure in war....and withdrawing sure would constitute a failure by any military measure...is anti-American and puts us all in danger.

    just my humble opinion.

    "Not as lean, not as mean, but always a Marine"
    I'm not really going to fault her. Who am I to say she's not grieving. But the Political whores who have clung on to her disgust me. Just like the Right disgusted me with Terri Schiavo.

    Grotesque the way these vampires carry on. As long as they can use someones suffering for a political agenda they will. The second their 15 mins of fame are up, watch how they forget about them...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  7. #127  
    [QUOTE=winginit]I think this thread strayed a bit...but never-the-less: Has anyone seen who is supporting, funding, doing the PRPRPR $and$ $feeding$ $the$ $press$ $for$ $this$ $woman$...$Cindy$ $Sheehan$? $Some$ $of$ $the$ $most$ $leftist$, $America$-$hating$, $anti$-$capitalist$ $and$ $anti$-$democratic$ $socialists$ $such$ $as$ $Move$-$On$.$org$, $George$ $Soros$, $Michael$ $Moore$, $etc$.

    I am sorry, I used to be sympathetic for her loss, but now it is quite apparent that she is shamelessly using the the death of her heroic son (he died trying to save his buddies in action) to further a political agenda.

    Shame on her and those that support her. Bottom line: we are at war. You can object and disagree with that, but actively rooting for our failure in war....and withdrawing sure would constitute a failure by any military measure...is anti-American and puts us all in danger.
    QUOTE]

    you attack a grieving wounded and angry mother. And you impugn good decent people like Michael Moore and George Soros -- people who worked tirelessly to prevent soldiers like that woman's son from having to heroically sacrifice himself for a cause that has made us much less safe.

    They, the people who are part of Moveon, and countless others foresaw this hideous tarpit of blood that we are ensnared in -- and tried to stop us from falling into it. They loved this country enough to spend their time and fortune in the fruitless effort to prevent this tragedy.

    If you read the MTM that you probably detest, you will have seen how junior and his friends are even now attempting to leave iraq before next november's congressional elections.

    What do you have to say about the chickenhawk pansies who sent our children there -- who have lied to you as to the reasons why we had to create this war -- and what every week of new mangled lives is "buying".

    How have our training a new better skilled cadre of killers who hate us so much that they willing blow themselves up -- how has that made us and the world better ???
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  8. #128  
    Bush Neighbor Lets War Protesters Use Land
    By ANGELA K. BROWN, Associated Press

    CRAWFORD, Texas - One of President Bush's neighbors will allow use of his land by dozens of war protesters who have camped in roadside ditches the past 11 days, giving them more room and halving their distance from Bush's ranch.

    Fred Mattlage, an Army veteran, said he sympathizes with the demonstrators whose makeshift camp off the winding, two-lane road leading to Bush's ranch has angered most residents. Mattlage said the group will be safer on his corner 1-acre lot.
    "I just think people should have a right to protest without being harassed," Mattlage told The Associated Press on Tuesday night. "And I'm against the war. I don't think it's a war we need to be in."

    Cindy Sheehan of Vacaville, Calif., started the vigil Aug. 6 to honor her son Casey, who was killed in Iraq last year. Sheehan has vowed to remain through Bush's monthlong ranch visit unless he meets with her and other grieving families.

    Mattlage's Monday night offer, accepted by protesters Tuesday, will put them about a mile from Bush's ranch, said Hadi Jawad of the Crawford Peace House, which is helping the group.

    Demonstrators said they would start moving their tents, anti-war banners and portable toilets to the new site Wednesday and hope to have the new camp set up in time for a dusk candlelight vigil.
    The vigil will be one of about 1,000 to be held across the country, an effort organized by liberal advocacy groups MoveOn.org Political Action, TrueMajority and Democracy for America.

    Larry Mattlage, a distant cousin of Mattlage's who owns nearby land, fired a shotgun twice into the air Sunday but no one was injured. But Fred Mattlage does not share his cousin's frustrations with the group...



    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050817/...e_us/peace_mom
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  9. #129  



    all hat -- no cowboy...
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  10. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #130  
    [QUOTE=BARYE]
    Quote Originally Posted by winginit
    I think this thread strayed a bit...but never-the-less: Has anyone seen who is supporting, funding, doing the PRPRPR $and$ $feeding$ $the$ $press$ $for$ $this$ $woman$...$Cindy$ $Sheehan$? $Some$ $of$ $the$ $most$ $leftist$, $America$-$hating$, $anti$-$capitalist$ $and$ $anti$-$democratic$ $socialists$ $such$ $as$ $Move$-$On$.$org$, $George$ $Soros$, $Michael$ $Moore$, $etc$.

    I am sorry, I used to be sympathetic for her loss, but now it is quite apparent that she is shamelessly using the the death of her heroic son (he died trying to save his buddies in action) to further a political agenda.

    Shame on her and those that support her. Bottom line: we are at war. You can object and disagree with that, but actively rooting for our failure in war....and withdrawing sure would constitute a failure by any military measure...is anti-American and puts us all in danger.
    QUOTE]

    you attack a grieving wounded and angry mother. And you impugn good decent people like Michael Moore and George Soros -- people who worked tirelessly to prevent soldiers like that woman's son from having to heroically sacrifice himself for a cause that has made us much less safe.

    They, the people who are part of Moveon, and countless others foresaw this hideous tarpit of blood that we are ensnared in -- and tried to stop us from falling into it. They loved this country enough to spend their time and fortune in the fruitless effort to prevent this tragedy.

    If you read the MTM that you probably detest, you will have seen how junior and his friends are even now attempting to leave iraq before next november's congressional elections.

    What do you have to say about the chickenhawk pansies who sent our children there -- who have lied to you as to the reasons why we had to create this war -- and what every week of new mangled lives is "buying".

    How have our training a new better skilled cadre of killers who hate us so much that they willing blow themselves up -- how has that made us and the world better ???
    What is your alternative? Do as a couple of you have suggested "pull out of Iraq ASAP", might as well bring the boys home from Afghanstan also. I am sure those good people you have mentioned would be delighted. If we do that we will not have to worry about our children being in harms way in a foreign land but within a couple of years (if that long) we will be burying our children, friends, parents and spouses here in the good ol US of A. I for one would not like to live in a constant state of fear from wondering where the next suicide bomber was to going show up, or if that briefcase sitting on the floor of the train was actually a dirty bomb. While no one enjoys the thought of our children being in harms way I am sure most of you would agree we have it pretty good here because the world knows we will not tolerate injustice. Look at how terrorism has escalated over the last 15-20 years towards America, from cowardly attacks on indiviuals, to hijacking aircraft and cuise ships to a direct attack on our land. And, yes Iraq has been a terrorist haven for years. If we do not stand up to terrorism wherever it rears its ugly head it will be in your own backyard.
  11. #131  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    What is your alternative?... And, yes Iraq has been a terrorist haven for years. If we do not stand up to terrorism wherever it rears its ugly head it will be in your own backyard.
    THAT IS NOT TRUE !!!

    Iraq under Saddam was NOT a terrorist haven !!!

    It has because of Generalissimo Georgey, beome the "Mother of All Training Schools" for terrorists -- a MUCH better real world training space than was ever Afganistan.

    AS I said earlier in this thread Al-Queda is very much there NOW:


    But before our generalissimo’s little “bring it on” escapade,
    Iraq was a cowed police state -– under the boot of a ruthless tyrant who owned a paranoid security service whose overlapping layers of heartlessness kept EVERYONE in line.

    Saddam did not want revolutionaries or Al-Queda -– and Al-Queda despised Saddam (as they do most of the existing leadership of most every country, but most especially those in the middle east.)

    In fact the only place where Al-Queda sort of existed before the invasion was in a northern corner Iraqi Kurdistan (on the border of Iran) -– where al-Zarqawi was conducting a minor but destructive campaign of killing and sabotage against the democratic Kurdish area.

    The Kurds repeatedly asked junior for our consent and assistance to go after and destroy al-Zarqawi (who had killed hundreds of Kurds).

    Junior though refused. He wanted to use the existence of al-Zarqawi (in this area that Saddam did not control) –- as evidence to support the lie that Saddam was a base for terroristsm.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  12. #132  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    What is your alternative? Do as a couple of you have suggested "pull out of Iraq ASAP", might as well bring the boys home from Afghanstan also. I am sure those good people you have mentioned would be delighted. If we do that we will not have to worry about our children being in harms way in a foreign land but within a couple of years (if that long) we will be burying our children, friends, parents and spouses here in the good ol US of A. I for one would not like to live in a constant state of fear from wondering where the next suicide bomber was to going show up, or if that briefcase sitting on the floor of the train was actually a dirty bomb. While no one enjoys the thought of our children being in harms way I am sure most of you would agree we have it pretty good here because the world knows we will not tolerate injustice. Look at how terrorism has escalated over the last 15-20 years towards America, from cowardly attacks on indiviuals, to hijacking aircraft and cuise ships to a direct attack on our land. And, yes Iraq has been a terrorist haven for years. If we do not stand up to terrorism wherever it rears its ugly head it will be in your own backyard.
    AGAIN, you are equating Iraq to 9-11 and AGAIN I MUST point out that is incorrect!

    No, we should not pull out of Afghanistan. We should finish what we properly started there.
  13. #133  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    Generalissimo Georgey
    That is a long word! Wouldn't it be easier to type bush?
  14. #134  
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    That is a long word! Wouldn't it be easier to type bush?

    you're of course right -- it does require a little more effort to get to the truth
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  15. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #135  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    THAT IS NOT TRUE !!!

    Iraq under Saddam was NOT a terrorist haven !!!

    It has because of Generalissimo Georgey, beome the "Mother of All Training Schools" for terrorists -- a MUCH better real world training space than was ever Afganistan.

    AS I said earlier in this thread Al-Queda is very much there NOW:


    But before our generalissimo’s little “bring it on” escapade,
    Iraq was a cowed police state -– under the boot of a ruthless tyrant who owned a paranoid security service whose overlapping layers of heartlessness kept EVERYONE in line.

    Saddam did not want revolutionaries or Al-Queda -– and Al-Queda despised Saddam (as they do most of the existing leadership of most every country, but most especially those in the middle east.)

    In fact the only place where Al-Queda sort of existed before the invasion was in a northern corner Iraqi Kurdistan (on the border of Iran) -– where al-Zarqawi was conducting a minor but destructive campaign of killing and sabotage against the democratic Kurdish area.

    The Kurds repeatedly asked junior for our consent and assistance to go after and destroy al-Zarqawi (who had killed hundreds of Kurds).

    Junior though refused. He wanted to use the existence of al-Zarqawi (in this area that Saddam did not control) –- as evidence to support the lie that Saddam was a base for terroristsm.
    If he was not a supporter of terrorism as you claim, how do you defend his writing checks to the families of suicide bombers? He and Tariq Aziz admited they provided the financial support to family members and stated they were proud to raise the award from $10,000 to $25,000 per bomber. How do you defend him providing a diplomatic passport to Abu Abbas of the Achille Lauro incident and then allowing him to live in Baghdad as a guest of the Hussein family (1994). Or what about Abu Nidal who has 407 confirmed terrorist murders to his credit to include at least 17 Americans and over 780 injured persons that was allowed to live in Iraq from 1997 to when he committed suicide in 2002. These are just a couple of examples of high profile terrorist leaders that were provided direct support from Saddam.
  16. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #136  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    AGAIN, you are equating Iraq to 9-11 and AGAIN I MUST point out that is incorrect!

    No, we should not pull out of Afghanistan. We should finish what we properly started there.
    Well da, not only do I disagree with you but as was identified already so did a Clinton appointed federal judge. I kow you keep saying it is incorrect, but our legal system which weighed all the facts state differently. And he did support a wide range of terrorist.
  17. #137  
    Seems the vigils last night were quite successful across the Nation.

    Vigils across state, nation back mother of dead soldier

    Thousands support woman at Bush ranch

    By Ralph Ranalli, Globe Staff | August 18, 2005

    With twilight and candlelight playing across solemn faces, thousands of antiwar protesters gathered at more than 50 vigils at sites from Northampton to Quincy last night, in solidarity with a mother of four from California who has camped outside President Bush's ranch in Texas for 10 days and who vows to remain until he explains why her soldier son had to die.

    The number of hastily organized protests across the state and the country -- more than 50,000 registered for 1,627 vigils across the United States, the political action group Moveon.org said on its website -- showed a new depth of feeling against the war that has coalesced around Cindy Sheehan and her protest in Crawford, Texas, organizers said.

    In Cambridge alone, five separate vigils were scheduled for last night. In some cases, the gatherings were intimate, no more than extended groups of friends gathering outside an apartment, but many were large and were held in public spaces.

    In Somerville, about 250 people attended a gathering called ''Davis Square Supports Cindy Sheehan," the 48-year-old mother of Army Specialist Casey Sheehan, who died last year in Sadr City, Iraq. Many held candles, and one protester held a sign that read: ''Honk if the War Makes You Sick." ...
  18. #138  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Well da, not only do I disagree with you but as was identified already so did a Clinton appointed federal judge. I kow you keep saying it is incorrect, but our legal system which weighed all the facts state differently. And he did support a wide range of terrorist.
    Seriously, you've gotta stop doing that. It's naive.
  19. #139  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    If he was not a supporter of terrorism as you claim, how do you defend his writing checks to the families of suicide bombers? He and Tariq Aziz admited they provided the financial support to family members and stated they were proud to raise the award from $10,000 to $25,000 per bomber. How do you defend him providing a diplomatic passport to Abu Abbas of the Achille Lauro incident and then allowing him to live in Baghdad as a guest of the Hussein family (1994). Or what about Abu Nidal who has 407 confirmed terrorist murders to his credit to include at least 17 Americans and over 780 injured persons that was allowed to live in Iraq from 1997 to when he committed suicide in 2002. These are just a couple of examples of high profile terrorist leaders that were provided direct support from Saddam.
    Stop trying to blend Palestinian cause terrorists with al queda. They're two different things. Are you just unable to think that through or unwilling because it supports your stance?
  20. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #140  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Seems the vigils last night were quite successful across the Nation.

    Vigils across state, nation back mother of dead soldier

    Thousands support woman at Bush ranch

    By Ralph Ranalli, Globe Staff | August 18, 2005

    With twilight and candlelight playing across solemn faces, thousands of antiwar protesters gathered at more than 50 vigils at sites from Northampton to Quincy last night, in solidarity with a mother of four from California who has camped outside President Bush's ranch in Texas for 10 days and who vows to remain until he explains why her soldier son had to die.

    The number of hastily organized protests across the state and the country -- more than 50,000 registered for 1,627 vigils across the United States, the political action group Moveon.org said on its website -- showed a new depth of feeling against the war that has coalesced around Cindy Sheehan and her protest in Crawford, Texas, organizers said.

    In Cambridge alone, five separate vigils were scheduled for last night. In some cases, the gatherings were intimate, no more than extended groups of friends gathering outside an apartment, but many were large and were held in public spaces.

    In Somerville, about 250 people attended a gathering called ''Davis Square Supports Cindy Sheehan," the 48-year-old mother of Army Specialist Casey Sheehan, who died last year in Sadr City, Iraq. Many held candles, and one protester held a sign that read: ''Honk if the War Makes You Sick." ...
    Looks like the anti anti-war crowd was just a succesfull though

    Sheehan debating is heated
    Emotions high on both sides at vigil
    By Jason Massad/Staff Writer





    Delana Beagle shows her support Wednesday for Cindy Sheehan during a candlelight vigil on Merchant Street in downtown Vacaville. (Joel Rosenbaum/The Reporter)

    Anti-war protesters and pro-Bush supporters lined Vacaville's Merchant Street at dusk Wednesday in a gathering ignited by the stance of Cindy Sheehan, a Vacaville woman who has become a divisive figure and a household name for her continuing protest outside President Bush's Crawford, Texas, ranch.
    Anti-war protesters lit candles in front of City Hall, waving rainbow flags, peace signs and posters calling Bush a liar and a blunderer of the Iraq war.

    On the other side of Merchant Street, and across what seems to be a growing ideological divide, were an equal number of pro-Bush supporters waving American flags, signs that expressed support for the troops and those that likened Cindy Sheehan to Jane Fonda, a Vietnam war protester and actress

    Richard Derfuss was among a large contingent rallying in opposition to the vigil supporting Sheehan, who remains in Crawford, Texas.

    still reviled by some who served there.

    Between the two groups were Vacaville residents just driving home from work or running errands, honking their support for whatever side they align with.

    The event was similar, no doubt, to more than 1,600 vigils around the country that were staged by MoveOn.org and other liberal groups Wednesday night to show solidarity for Cindy Sheehan's 12-day protest.

    In April 2004, Cindy Sheehan lost her son, Casey, in Sadr City, and has been demanding a face-to-face meeting with Bush as he vacations at his ranch.

    Sheehan's lengthy protest has brought out advocates from both the right and the left, and Vacaville was no exception.

    "There are some that are so far over to the left side the right has to move over to let them in," said Robert Hind, 68, an Air Force veteran who held a sign that said, "Freedom of speech does not include the right to libel and slander."

    Charles Turner, 62, engaged in a sidewalk political discussion with Hind, who had a response ready.

    "You don't think you're too far right, (Sheehan) doesn't think she's too far left," he said.

    While passions on both sides ran high, the event was a peaceful one that never threatened to get out of control.

    And even though most that attended had a political agenda, there was a distinctly personal thread running through both sides of Merchant Street.

    For the rest of the country, Cindy Sheehan is a flash point for political debates and has become a national political figure.

    But for many of the people that turned up Wednesday night, Sheehan was a personal friend or a smiling face around town.

    Toni Chan, a Vacaville woman who works out at the same gym as Sheehan, joined about 85 anti-war protesters with a candle that was sheltered from the evening breeze by aluminum foil.

    Chan said that her attendance was driven in part by Sheehan's bravery.

    She usually keeps her political views personal, she said, but more than 1,800 service members have died in the war, countless others have been injured and Iraqi civilians have been caught in the crossfire.

    "She's been so sincere through this whole thing," Chan said. "I was tired of telling all this to my dog."

    Wolf Corrington, a veteran of Desert Storm, said he joined the support-the-troops crowd because it was important to show solidarity for the war effort.

    A national protest of the war effort may have consequences that those on the other side of the street might not have intended, he said.

    "Whenever there's a protest, it bolsters the enemy and demoralizes, to some extent, the fighting troops," he said.

    But for Corrington, who attends St. Mary's Church and helped with arrangement's for Casey Sheehan's funeral, the gathering on Merchant Street also produced mixed feelings.

    Casey Sheehan re-enlisted into the service, knowing the dangers he would face, he said. Being a part of an effort larger than himself was what drove Casey Sheehan to be an Eagle Scout, an altar boy and an avid volunteer around the community, Corrington said.

    "There's a couple of signs out here that say Casey would be ashamed of what's going on," he said. "He might, but he might not feel that way.

    "He was so quiet, he hardly ever said a word."

    Jason Massad can be reached at county@thereporter.com.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Posting Permissions