Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 180
  1. #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    no comment or retort ??

    Pearl Harbor
    No, not really.

    Pearl Harbor wasn't the main point of my post, rather how we were not fairing well, probably until the Battle of Midway. Your reply just adds to what I was saying, since if we weren't that crippled as you say, we were getting handled with with our best. Had images been sent via satellite, and daily US death tolls been reported on 24 hour news networks like today, the mood of the Country might have been much more somber.

    It took time then. It'll take time now was all I was saying.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  2. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Yea, I poo-poo'd your example but then said 'even if'.

    And that's not an interpretation of what's happening, it's what's happening. "We're not saying we want a seperate nation. We just want the constitution to say it's ok if we do."
    It is not just this example, it is anything that you do not agree with. Makes it difficult to carry on an intelligent dialogue if there is no acceptance of the other sides views or evidence. You have made good points, however your inability to accept the points of others really reduces the amount of credibility one can attribute to your viewpoints.
  3. #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    It is not just this example, it is anything that you do not agree with. Makes it difficult to carry on an intelligent dialogue if there is no acceptance of the other sides views or evidence. You have made good points, however your inability to accept the points of others really reduces the amount of credibility one can attribute to your viewpoints.
    I don't accept that point.
  4. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    I don't accept that point.
    Credibility d
    ro
    pp
    ing
  5. #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    No, not really.

    Pearl Harbor wasn't the main point of my post, rather how we were not fairing well, probably until the Battle of Midway. Your reply just adds to what I was saying, since if we weren't that crippled as you say, we were getting handled with with our best. Had images been sent via satellite, and daily US death tolls been reported on 24 hour news networks like today, the mood of the Country might have been much more somber.

    It took time then. It'll take time now was all I was saying.



    Insertion --

    what I thought worth commenting on was the analogous quick and easy -- but Pyrrhic victory of the Japanese at Pearl Harbor -- and ours against the Iraqi army.

    At Pearl Harbor the Japanese won what appeared to be a brilliant preemptive strike, but which was on examination, really an unqualified catastrophe.

    Easy initial successes, but being too dumb to foresee or understand the likely consequences that would inevitably flow -- that was my point.




    The Japanese won a deceptively easy Pyrrhic victory –- one that ensnared them into a tar pit from which they could not extricate themselves -- and which culminated in their destruction.

    Iraq has many of the same scary echos.

    Our great generalissimo who did not understand or know history, arrogantly fired or silenced professionals at the State Dept and the CIA.

    He won a deceptively easy Pyrrhic victory in the sands of iraq against a hollow broken under equipped disarmed army. Repeatedly he was warned by his daddy’s friends, the professional military and others that this was not the hard part.

    While he pranced across the decks of that carrier, posing in that faux flyer’s uniform under that bullst “MISSION ACCOMPLISHED” banner, the tar was just congealing around his feet.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  6. #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Credibility d
    ro
    pp
    ing

    I deny your reality and substitute my own.

    But seriously, I feel my cite's are a bit more on the credible than yours.
  7. #107  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    Insertion --

    what I thought worth commenting on was the analogous quick and easy -- but Pyrrhic victory of the Japanese at Pearl Harbor -- and ours against the Iraqi army.

    At Pearl Harbor the Japanese won what appeared to be a brilliant preemptive strike, but which was on examination, really an unqualified catastrophe.

    Easy initial successes, but being too dumb to foresee or understand the likely consequences that would inevitably flow -- that was my point.
    I gotcha...I was having a daCLU moment and not thinking specific!

    I would disagree on some of your points though. This is in no way a catastrophe, even you in your hatred for the Administration should be able to see that.

    As to "Mission Accomplished", was their mission not accomplished? What was so wrong about telling those young Sailors, "Good Job!" Their mission was accomplished.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  8. #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    I don't accept that point.
    That was actually very funny!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  9. #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    I deny your reality and substitute my own.

    But seriously, I feel my cite's are a bit more on the credible than yours.
    Even with the use of the word seriously to indicate some sarcasm, both of these statements are a common theme with you. You are correct and all who have opposing viewpoints are stupid, ill-informed or koolaid drinkers.

    You are not at all enjoyable to debate with because you rarely if ever admit that the opposing side has a credble viewpoint. If it conflicts w/yours it crap. You are usually condescending and obnoxious and will rarely answer a direct question.

    You have so little respect for another's opinion or viewpoint. IMO you embody the lefts' elitist attitude very well. I guess you have to be good at something.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  10. #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I gotcha...I was having a daCLU moment and not thinking specific!

    I would disagree on some of your points though. This is in no way a catastrophe, even you in your hatred for the Administration should be able to see that.

    As to "Mission Accomplished", was their mission not accomplished? What was so wrong about telling those young Sailors, "Good Job!" Their mission was accomplished.
    that "Mission Accomplished" and the "fly boy" prance -- was in essence an "up yours" and "I told you so" moment by junior and rove.

    To suppose that that banner referred to the sailors of that carrier requires more than a little credulousness.

    That war's initial suucess was won by the boots on the ground -- not the sailors or airmen at sea.

    That banner referred directly to junior himself. They were asserting that he accomplished this mission despite all the liberals, the pointy headed intellectuals, and friends of his daddy who had told him that it was a dumb idea.

    The specific reason junior was on that boat -- where he "flew" in order to have his picture taken in that uniform, with those sailors, in front of that banner -- was for rove's campaign ads.

    This is in no way a catastrophe, even you in your hatred for the Administration should be able to see that.
    I don't know how it will all end, but I have from before its beginning dreaded that it would be badly. I now genuinely fear it will be worse than I thought, when finally it does, end.
    Last edited by BARYE; 08/17/2005 at 02:00 PM. Reason: added line: banner referred to junior ...
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  11. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    I deny your reality and substitute my own.

    But seriously, I feel my cite's are a bit more on the credible than yours.
    Of course you do, and I feel my cites are a lot more credible than yours. The cite I used, New York Post, seems pretty credible to most.
  12. #112  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Even with the use of the word seriously to indicate some sarcasm, both of these statements are a common theme with you. You are correct and all who have opposing viewpoints are stupid, ill-informed or koolaid drinkers.

    You are not at all enjoyable to debate with because you rarely if ever admit that the opposing side has a credble viewpoint. If it conflicts w/yours it crap. You are usually condescending and obnoxious and will rarely answer a direct question.

    You have so little respect for another's opinion or viewpoint. IMO you embody the lefts' elitist attitude very well. I guess you have to be good at something.
    It's funny that it's elitist when it's backed up with facts and research as opposed to propaganda. Sorry I make reality orientation so unenjoyable for you. It can be a very uncomfortable feeling to realize one was duped.
  13. #113  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Of course you do, and I feel my cites are a lot more credible than yours. The cite I used, New York Post, seems pretty credible to most.

    NY POST credible ???
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  14. #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    It's funny that it's elitist when it's backed up with facts and research as opposed to propaganda. Sorry I make reality orientation so unenjoyable for you. It can be a very uncomfortable feeling to realize one was duped.
    And of course your facts and research are the final word and conatin no elements of propaganda.

    Your points would be much more valid if you werent so damn smug all the time.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  15. #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    And of course your facts and research are the final word and conatin no elements of propaganda.

    Your points would be much more valid if you werent so damn smug all the time.

    I'm not trying to be smug. I'm really trying very hard not to jump up and down and say "I told you so." I simply feel certain people in the current administration took the anger and hurt of 9-11 and manipulated it to their own unrelated objectives, of which they couldn't pull off due to incompetent execution (more than likely, too much wishful thinking) and they screwed up a lot of lives and created a lot of suffering in the process.

    They need to be made accountable.
  16. #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    I'm not trying to be smug. I'm really trying very hard not to jump up and down and say "I told you so." I simply feel certain people in the current administration took the anger and hurt of 9-11 and manipulated it to their own unrelated objectives, of which they couldn't pull off due to incompetent execution (more than likely, too much wishful thinking) and they screwed up a lot of lives and created a lot of suffering in the process.

    They need to be made accountable.
    Padon my brief threadjacking, but you're scaring me Thomas...I was just thinking you needed an avatar change.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  17. #117  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Padon my brief threadjacking, but you're scaring me Thomas...I was just thinking you needed an avatar change.
  18. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #118  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    NY POST credible ???
    Same article in the NY Times, CBS News, CBS News Online, more on CNN, Reuters. I knew you would especially like the Post though
  19. #119  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Padon my brief threadjacking, but you're scaring me Thomas...I was just thinking you needed an avatar change.
    And, I must say, that your posts seem a lot more credible with dark hair.

    [/thread-jacking]
  20. #120  
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim
    And, I must say, that your posts seem a lot more credible with dark hair.

    [/thread-jacking]
    Now that's just blonde bashing!

Posting Permissions