Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    What you referenced was labelled an editorial by the source, not by me.
    Where is it labled an editorial? The reporter has a weekly column in the local paper. She covers local events and reports on them. What are you talking about???
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLiveSoundGuy
    So what will make all this better for you?

A Democrat? Sorry Clinton had his shot and was busy slpooging all over the house while plans were being made. Unrelated, but ironically he was impeached.

I'd rather no matter what Goober is in office they at least, try something. I would much rather try and fail, than let kids die while I'm doing Monica. Note: I've known plenty of republicans that do the same thing as well so don't make assumptions here.

So back to my question?

What is the miracle cure all answer from the left?
    the left has no solution except to b*tch and moan.

but this is an interesting dilemma....

scenario 1: Bush admits that he made a mistake and pulls the troops out of Iraq immediately. result? Iraq mushrooms into a major terrorist center and the destabilizes the middle-east for the rest of the 21st century

scenario2: Bush admits that he made a mistake - but continues to keep forces deployed in Iraq to prevent middle-east crisis above. result? Our troops are demoralized as they realize they realize that not only have they been paying with their lives for a "mistake" but that they have to continue to do so for a long while.

scenario3: Bush admits nothing - but continues to stay the course and tries to keep the morale high, as he tries to slowly extricate us from the mess he created in the first place - but costing us more lives, and with no guarantee of mid-east stability or reduced terrorist threats.

Other scenarios involving help from UN or other nations is wishful thinking - why would anyone else want to help clean up a mess that they were against in the first place? And what clout will Bolton have with an institution that he deemed as "irrelevant"?

so the question is (for both Dems and Reps) - which of the three scenarios is the least distasteful to you? Unfortunately i have to go with scenario 3 myself.
    Palm m505 -> Treo600 (GSM ATT) -> Treo650 (Cingular) -> BB8700g -> BB Pearl
    "The point of living and of being an optimist, is to be foolish enough to believe the best is yet to come."
    WTF are you talking about? WTF was attempted in Iraq that has any relation to your Clinton reference?
    You gonna answer the question, or ask more questions?

p.s. What, you think all this just began on 9/11? No it's been happening long before Bush I & II, before Clinton, before too many for me to type. But Clinton did nothing as well. He could have. We might not be killing kids in Iraq now if he had. Is that a fair assumption? No. It's not. That can be said of many men who have held office.
    So answer the question?

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    To all you seemingly angry liberal posters...How can you not support the war, but at the same time say you support the troops?

So do you hope we lose and leave, but no one gets killed?

Do you loathe the American soldier for killing a 16 year old terrorist?

OH! Thank You!! Thank You!!! Thankl You!!!

This was the original purpose of "Support the Troops" in Gulf War 1. It diabollically tapped Baby-Boomer guilt over the way Vietnam soldiers were trated after the war by tying support of troops to supporting the cause. This diffused greatly the anti-war side.

Well, people have gained a little more depth into this issue since and it does not have the same impact as it did. But when trotted out by the chicken-hawks now it's still an attempt to say "if you question the conflict then you're not supporting the troops." As shown by this sad case above.

At this point, the way to support the troops is to make damn sure their veterans benifits are not cut and increased to take care of the thousands of permanently injured.

Get the hell out of Iraq ASAP.

Hold those responsible for this moronic venture squarely and firmly responsible. I believe you'll find a list of their names on the bottom of this page .
    You gonna answer the question, or ask more questions?

p.s. What, you think all this just began on 9/11? No it's been happening long before Bush I & II, before Clinton, before too many for me to type. But Clinton did nothing as well. He could have. We might not be killing kids in Iraq now if he had. Is that a fair assumption? No. It's not. That can be said of many men who have held office.
    So answer the question?
    WTF does Iraq have to do with 9-11?
    Just as I thought. You won't answer the question. You are as clueless as those who are a least currently trying.
    Those that can do, do. Those that don't, just rant about those that do.

And this is what is at the bottom of my page.

(TREO and TreoCentral are trademarks or registered trademarks of palm, Inc. in the United States and other countries;
    the TreoCentral mark and domain name are used under license from palm, Inc.
    The views expressed on this website are solely those of the proprietor, or
    contributors to the site, and do not necessarily reflect the views of palm, Inc. )

Once again you assume and want everyone to share your same vision.

Sorry. Can't do it. I don't care for the page layout.
    Last edited by TheLiveSoundGuy; 08/16/2005 at 05:02 PM.

Thread Crapper

I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    You could at least answer his question, instead of trying to deflect it. Pretty please...

The question itself is flawed. I would directly point out the flaw myself but I'm trying to get a light bulb to appear over his/her head.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Where is it labled an editorial? The reporter has a weekly column in the local paper. She covers local events and reports on them. What are you talking about???
    At the top of the page, "Editorials & Columns"
    Quote Originally Posted by chillig35
    the left has no solution except to b*tch and moan.

but this is an interesting dilemma....

scenario3: Bush admits nothing - but continues to stay the course and tries to keep the morale high, as he tries to slowly extricate us from the mess he created in the first place - but costing us more lives, and with no guarantee of mid-east stability or reduced terrorist threats.
    What exactly is the mistake? Seems to me people are to used to playing Call Of Duty on their PS2's, and think wars are over in a day or two. I'd like to take everyone here back to 1942 when we were getting our asses kicked by the Japanese at every turn. I'm sure the same crowd would be thinking "quagmire."

I guess in your scenario, number 3 is the only option. You can't run now. Face it, we've been running from these radicals since 1979. Why do you (not you specifically) people think these thugs are so bold? They see us leave Lebanon, they see us leave Somalia after having a Soldier dragged through the streets. They see us do nothing after a US Warship is BOMBED while in port. They see us do nothing while the Khobar Towers go down. They view us as weak. "Whoopie-do, you lob a few cruise missles into the sand, so what?"

Sorry to say it, but people like daThomas are the poster children of Islamic Radicals. The more of him, the more powerful they become. They love the opposition.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Just as I thought. You won't answer the question. You are as clueless as those who are a least currently trying.
    Those that can do, those that don't, just rant about those that do.
    Again I point out that your question is flawed. Do you see where you made a completely unrelated connection? Or rather where you allowed others to have you believe a connection?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    WTF does Iraq have to do with 9-11?
    If you would read the article below (I know, I know, I know your think it will be an editorial) maybe, just maybe you will notice a link to the previous Iraqi regime and terrorist.

http://www.husseinandterror.com/
    If you would read the article below (I know, I know, I know your think it will be an editorial) maybe, just maybe you will notice a link to the previous Iraqi regime and terrorist.

http://www.husseinandterror.com/

Nope, sorry. That's a very desperate attempt to tie the two together. Face it. The neo-cons hijacked the post 9-11 jingoism to invade Iraq. Your little reference wan't even created until 13-Oct-2004.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    What exactly is the mistake? Seems to me people are to used to playing Call Of Duty on their PS2's, and think wars are over in a day or two. I'd like to take everyone here back to 1942 when we were getting our asses kicked by the Japanese at every turn. I'm sure the same crowd would be thinking "quagmire."
    well - since you bring it up, how about taking us back to Vietnam instead, where it cost us over 30,000 american lives for a pointless objective?

I guess in your scenario, number 3 is the only option. You can't run now. Face it, we've been running from these radicals since 1979. Why do you (not you specifically) people think these thugs are so bold? They see us leave Lebanon, they see us leave Somalia after having a Soldier dragged through the streets. They see us do nothing after a US Warship is BOMBED while in port. They see us do nothing while the Khobar Towers go down. They view us as weak. "Whoopie-do, you lob a few cruise missles into the sand, so what?"
    Going after them in Afganistan was the right thing to do - and then we dropped the ball and let the big one get away. what kind of a message was that?

and as daThomas so rightly points out - WTF does any of the above have to do with Iraq? No credible links to terrorism, WMDs or anti-american plots, and yet we decide to squander our military resources there? And now it has become a bigger terrorist hotbed than before, and we are helping them write an Islamic constitution?
    Palm m505 -> Treo600 (GSM ATT) -> Treo650 (Cingular) -> BB8700g -> BB Pearl
    "The point of living and of being an optimist, is to be foolish enough to believe the best is yet to come."
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    You are correct it is in the section of the newspaper Editorials and Columns. She writes a column, not an editorial.
    You are correct it is in the section of the newspaper Editorials and Columns. She writes a column, not an editorial.
    A column is an editorial by a repeating writer. Like Bob Novak.
    Again I point out that your question is flawed. Do you see where you made a completely unrelated connection? Or rather where you allowed others to have you believe a connection?
    A statement is what was made in regard to Clinton.
    A question is what was asked directly of you.

See the difference? Where is the flaw in that short simple question?

Thread Crapper

17. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    not really - he's been remarkably consistent when it comes to his voting record or political views. For example he was one of the stronger proponents for the war against Iraq from the beginning - and he hasn't changed his stance.
    The Damcats like him though they truly do not understand him - and the Repugnicans don't like him because he tends to speak his mind sometimes (reminds them too much of Dean I guess!)
    Jokes
    well - since you bring it up, how about taking us back to Vietnam instead, where it cost us over 30,000 american lives for a pointless objective?
    Well, we could argue it being pointless or not. But we were at war with the Soviets until the late 80's. It's just we used other countries instead of fighting directly.
    Going after them in Afganistan was the right thing to do - and then we dropped the ball and let the big one get away. what kind of a message was that?

and as daThomas so rightly points out - WTF does any of the above have to do with Iraq? No credible links to terrorism, WMDs or anti-american plots, and yet we decide to squander our military resources there? And now it has become a bigger terrorist hotbed than before, and we are helping them write an Islamic constitution?
    Who said I was making a link. (I suppose I could find some, Saddam kicking down cash to families of Palestinian bombers would certainly be supporting Terrorism for one.)

The point is we are there now. So, you want to pull up stakes and run, feeding the Jihadist monster even more?
    Last edited by Insertion; 08/16/2005 at 05:16 PM. Reason: sum typoes hear un ther
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Nope, sorry. That's a very desperate attempt to tie the two together. Face it. The neo-cons hijacked the post 9-11 jingoism to invade Iraq. Your little reference wan't even created until 13-Oct-2004.
    Must side with Insertion "can't win". reference dated 13 Oct 04, gee ya think we should put the facts out before they happen boss huh, do ya, do ya, huh?? I bet you were really happy when Ms. Fonda took brand new laptops to all those big brutes in Vietnam and you really like it when the sky changes from purple to mauve.
    A column is an editorial by a repeating writer. Like Bob Novak.
    Isn't an editorial an unsigned piece? So anything with an author (and not by the editorial board in total) is not an editorial.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Editorial
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast