Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chillig35
    well ... he may be making a run in 2008 - I would say that he's just being politically savvy.
    Or Flip Flopping!!
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    You have no idea what her son would want. Statements like this **** me off. You have no idea what is reason behind the divorce, so don't act you do.

We do know he re-enlisted to deploy back to Iraq with his unit.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Did you listen to a mother of a fallen soldier, on Oreilly, who met with Bush, describe her experience?
    Nope.

Another thing I HAVEN'T seen in the MSM are families of fallen soldiers that agree with what we're doing, aren't making anti-semetic statements or engaging in other left wing wackiness.
    Did you listen to a mother of a fallen soldier, on Oreilly, who met with Bush, describe her experience?
    Ahhh...so when something suits your agenda, you like O'Reilly? I get it.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Or Flip Flopping!!
    not really - he's been remarkably consistent when it comes to his voting record or political views. For example he was one of the stronger proponents for the war against Iraq from the beginning - and he hasn't changed his stance.
    The Damcats like him though they truly do not understand him - and the Repugnicans don't like him because he tends to speak his mind sometimes (reminds them too much of Dean I guess!)
    Palm m505 -> Treo600 (GSM ATT) -> Treo650 (Cingular) -> BB8700g -> BB Pearl
    "The point of living and of being an optimist, is to be foolish enough to believe the best is yet to come."
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    Nope.

Another thing I HAVEN'T seen in the MSM are families of fallen soldiers that agree with what we're doing, aren't making anti-semetic statements or engaging in other left wing wackiness.
    i guess you missed this MSM write up - even though it was posted twice on this thread.
    Palm m505 -> Treo600 (GSM ATT) -> Treo650 (Cingular) -> BB8700g -> BB Pearl
    "The point of living and of being an optimist, is to be foolish enough to believe the best is yet to come."
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    ... aren't making anti-semetic statements...
    WTF are you talking about?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Puleez. They were separated a long time ago. Nice try.
    "A long time ago" Yep all the way back to after Casey's death. HMMM remember when she started her media love affair.

Nice article about her and the family in todays local paper

Divorce papers filed by Cindy's husband
    From AP and staff reports

The husband of Cindy Sheehan, the Vacaville mother camped near President Bush's Texas ranch to protest the death of her son in Iraq, filed for divorce Friday, according to court documents.
    Patrick Sheehan filed a petition for the dissolution of his marriage in Solano County Superior Court citing "irreconcilable differences." His lawyer did not return a call seeking comment Monday.

The couple's eldest child, Casey, 24, was an Army soldier killed in an ambush in Sadr in April 2004.

Cindy Sheehan had said the stress of the death led to the separation of the couple, who were high school sweethearts.

Patrick Sheehan had previously acknowledged the separation but has steadfastly declined comment on his wife's activities.

Along with their Vacaville home, Patrick Sheehan's petition for divorce lists other "community assets" as "any and all benefits payable as a result of son's death including, but not limited to proceeds from Prudential Financial Insurance" and "benefits from the U.S. Government."

The case has been assigned to Judge Alberta Chew.

Cindy Sheehan has grabbed headlines since heading to Texas 10 days ago to head up an anti-war demonstration.

Sheehan, who has been joined by more than 100 anti-war activists, has vowed to remain in Texas through Bush's August vacation, unless he meets with her.

She said she wants to ask Bush what "noble cause" her son died for and ask why he hasn't encouraged his daughters to join the military.

The Sheehans have three surviving adult children.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    "A long time ago" Yep all the way back to June of 2005. HMMM remember when she started her media love affair.

Nice article about her and the family in todays local paper (Vacaville CA where her family still lives and where they wish she was)
    And I'm sure they wish Casey was there too. But I'm sure he was honored to give his life for lowered expectations.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    And I'm sure they wish Casey was there too. But I'm sure he was honored to give his life for lowered expectations.
    If he was not honored to serve I doubt that he would have VOLUNTEERED to reenlist and VOLUNTEER to return for a 2nd tour in Iraq.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Here is a story from Cindy's hometown paper from this weekend. Well she sure is helping keep her son's story alive for Al-Jazeera.

Mother already met Bush
    Catherine Moy

Cindy Sheehan's incessant Bush-hating landed her on the Web site of Al-Jazeera, a propaganda arm for Muslim terrorists, and splintered her family, who mourn the loss of her son, Army Spc. Casey Sheehan, who died last year in Iraq. Mrs. Sheehan is now a tool of America-haters. She has joined the family of radical Democrats in defiance of her son's blood relations.
    Her family has had enough. Cherie Quarterolo, Casey's godmother and aunt, wrote a letter to KSFO saying the family broke its silence because "our family has been so distressed by the recent activities of Cindy." The note read in part:

"The Sheehan Family lost our beloved Casey in the Iraq War and we have been silently, respectfully grieving. We do not agree with the political motivations and publicity tactics of Cindy Sheehan. She now appears to be promoting her own personal agenda and notoriety at the expense of her son's good name and reputation. The rest of the Sheehan family supports the troops, our country, and our president, silently, with prayer and respect."

The Sheehan family has exposed itself to the scorn of leftists. Anti-war activists hope Cindy Sheehan's status as a grieving parent will protect her from criticism.

I wrote a column last year relaying my sorrow over her loss. In an e-mail, she told me to stop writing about her son. She did not want media attention.

So, what changed? The anti-Bush crowd now handles Mrs. Sheehan, answering her phone and prepping her for the media, according to Sheehan's online diary.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Advertisement

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She still doesn't like critical media attention or when the media ignore her.

"I conservatively got three to five phone calls a minute. I did about 25 phone interviews and several TV interviews," Mrs. Sheehan wrote in the diary. "I was supposed to do: 'The Today Show,' MSNBC live interview, 'Connected Coast to Coast' and 'Hardball,' both on MSNBC. 'The Today Show' just never showed up and the other three MSNBC shows cancelled for no reason. Could it be because NBC is owned by General Electric, a major defense contractor?"

President Bush already heard her last year when taxpayers paid her way to visit him. Later, she told The Reporter that she knew Bush is "sorry and feels some pain for our loss." On Sunday, she told CNN's Wolf Blitzer that Bush's deputy chief of staff met with her in Texas and told her "the president really cares." And I said, "You can't tell me that because I've met with him and I know that he doesn't care."

Mrs. Sheehan has had her turn with the president and changed her statements about their meeting. President Bush shouldn't waste more time on her.

The author, of Fairfield, can be reached at .com. She returns to her regular Saturday spot next week.
    If he was not honored to serve I doubt that he would have VOLUNTEERED to reenlist and VOLUNTEER to return for a 2nd tour in Iraq.
    All of our soldiers should be proud, HOWEVER, it's an insult to their trust and sacrifice to pull what this goup of morons did. And then to add more insult to that say, "What we expected to achieve was never realistic...". Gee thanks. Let me put my life in your hands so you can so carelessly flush it. Thanks a whole bunch.
    Here is a story from Cindy's hometown paper .....
    That's an editorial not a "story". I know the difference is lost on conservatives but Democrats try to keep a distinction between the two.
    All of our soldiers should be proud, HOWEVER, it's an insult to their trust and sacrifice to pull what this goup of morons did. And then to add more insult to that say, "What we expected to achieve was never realistic...". Gee thanks. Let me put my life in your hands so you can so carelessly flush it. Thanks a whole bunch.
    So what will make all this better for you?

A Democrat? Sorry Clinton had his shot and was busy slpooging all over the house while plans were being made. Unrelated, but ironically he was impeached.

I'd rather no matter what Goober is in office they at least, try something. I would much rather try and fail, than let kids die while I'm doing Monica. Note: I've known plenty of republicans that do the same thing as well so don't make assumptions here.

So back to my question?

What is the miracle cure all answer from the left?

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    That's an editorial not a "story". I know the difference is lost on conservatives but Democrats try to keep a distinction between the two.
    OK, so an editorial written by a reporter, quoting Cindy, national reporters (print and television), gov't officials and verified web sites.

I guess that means every "story" you have quoted or posted links to are also just an editorial.
    OK, so an editorial written by a reporter, quoting Cindy, national reporters (print and television), gov't officials and verified web sites.

I guess that means every "story" you have quoted or posted links to are also just an editorial.
    It's a losing battle, because dammit, Liberals just know better!!

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    To all you seemingly angry liberal posters...How can you not support the war, but at the same time say you support the troops?

So do you hope we lose and leave, but no one gets killed?

Do you loathe the American soldier for killing a 16 year old terrorist?

Quote Originally Posted by TheLiveSoundGuy
    So what will make all this better for you?

A Democrat? Sorry Clinton had his shot and was busy slpooging all over the house while plans were being made. Unrelated, but ironically he was impeached.

I'd rather no matter what Goober is in office they at least, try something. I would much rather try and fail, than let kids die while I'm doing Monica. Note: I've known plenty of republicans that do the same thing as well so don't make assumptions here.

So back to my question?

What is the miracle cure all answer from the left?
    WTF are you talking about? WTF was attempted in Iraq that has any relation to your Clinton reference?

What you referenced was labelled an editorial by the source, not by me.
    WTF are you talking about? WTF was attempted in Iraq that has any relation to your Clinton reference?
    You could at least answer his question, instead of trying to deflect it. Pretty please...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast