Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Cigar in the morning???????? that's like having a beer or a vodka in the morning - it just ain't right. some things are better left for after noon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko
    Cigar in the morning???????? that's like having a beer or a vodka in the morning - it just ain't right. some things are better left for after noon.
    Give it a go bro. It's great.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    La Flor Dominicana double ligeros
    Perdomo Special reserve cameroon.
    Punch Gran Puro
    Chohiba
    RP the edge
    and so on...
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    I smoke the Excalibur Maduro I. (7 x 54) Good smoke. Been smoking cigars for a long time-way before it became a fad and drove the prices up.

Enjoy your cigar.
    I think that "fad" has passed. Have the prices not reflected that?
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    I think that "fad" has passed. Have the prices not reflected that?
    I've smoked cigars long before it was a fad. I agree that it has passed. Unfortunately, the prices have backed off a bit but not enough.

Good Luck

Check my post at the beginning of this thread for a great site for brand cigars at a reasonable price.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    joya de nicaragua-antano 1970. A must for a full bodied lover.
    Check my post at the beginning of this thread for a great site for brand cigars at a reasonable price.
    JR is great for the fact that you can buy bundle deals and not get stuck with a box of cigars with warped leaves/caps.
    They (most online cigar vendors) freeze the cigars prior to shipping to not have the cigars dry out. What ends up happening is some of the caps and leaves of the cigars defrost and warp. Out of a box of 25, 12 are perfect and the rest are injured.
    Quote Originally Posted by arabian
    JR is great for the fact that you can buy bundle deals and not get stuck with a box of cigars with warped leaves/caps.
    They (most online cigar vendors) freeze the cigars prior to shipping to not have the cigars dry out. What ends up happening is some of the caps and leaves of the cigars defrost and warp. Out of a box of 25, 12 are perfect and the rest are injured.
    arabian,
    At times I buy JR alternatives to the Brand name in bundles. Great bargins, but the downside is that out of a bundle of 20, 2-3 are tight. But even if you wirte those off, it is still a great deal.

For the tight draws, I use a cigar awl (resembles an ice pick) to unplug it. Burns hot but I smokes those when doing yardwork.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    I only have smoked swisher sweets wooden tips during a heavy night of drinking with the guys. Can you tell i'm not a cigar smoker?
    car_designer
    Visor Deluxe-->Treo 600-->650 cameraless-->700P-->755P cameraless conversion -->Treo 800W + Celio Redfly all on Sprint
    Parrot ck-3300 handsfree + BT GPS
    Quote Originally Posted by car_designer
    I only have smoked swisher sweets wooden tips during a heavy night of drinking with the guys. Can you tell i'm not a cigar smoker?
    Saw it coming with "Swisher". But the "wonden tips" would have given it away.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Found another great cigar. La Gloria Cubana Series R madoro 7 x 54. Had one every day this week while on vacation in Destin, FL at Harbor Cigars.

Back home tomorrow.
    Have a great smoke.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Found another great cigar. La Gloria Cubana Series R madoro 7 x 54. Had one every day this week while on vacation in Destin, FL at Harbor Cigars.

Back home tomorrow.
    Have a great smoke.
    Yeah, La Gloria's a nice smoke. If you can find 'em, the Cohiba Siglo VI is a great smoke--the only Cohiba line I really care for actually. For those of us relegated to stateside, there are other good choices:

Padron 1964
    A. Fuente Hemingway line
    Partagas Series S
    Indian Tabac Super Fuerte (nice smoke for cheap and the best Rocky Patel smoke IMO)
    I find most of the cohibas over-rated, there are some Ive enjoyed, but anything under about $18/stick I can equal or best with another brand. Thats just me, however.

Partagas Black, churchill
    CAO brazilia, any length, call me crazy but another good, dark smoke.
    Drew Estate Dirt or Root; pipe tobacco type aroma, earthy flavors, nothing harsh, but a tad mild for me.
    CAO gold maduro (yes, Im a CAO fan) - a lighter maduro, not to expensive and a pleasant smoke/aroma (if those around you dont enjoy the smell of a cigar as much as you do).

Also a fan of: Cuesta rey, Reyes, Torano, padron, and for a real cheap smoke that happens to be great: sancho panza. If you've not had one, theyre pretty damn good. $4/stick, last around an hour, mild, aromatic but not sweet or perfumed. These cigars also relight very well, not many cigars do.

I keep quite a varied collection on hand between 5 different whisk(e)y, 3 different port, and 3 types of tequila I keep on hand, and the 50+ different cigars I keep stocked, every night is a new sensual adventure.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoMaine View Post
    Summertime Smoke: Drew Estate Natural Clean Robusto
    Wintertime Smoke: Romeo Y Julieta Bully
    i had one of these romeo y julieta's the other night, unfortunately for me my friend also made me laugh while smoking and i ended up inhaling deeply....needless to say i ended up with a stomach ache a short while later haha
    Here's my latest:

Saint Luis Rey Series G Maduro Churchill 7 x 58

A great cigar.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12