Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 144
  1. #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by chillig35
    i'm more cynical cellmatrix - i think that both the left and the right are using the war to score political points rather than actually caring about the true situation.

    trying to question and embarass the administration with the death statistics is a cheap shot from the left, and they continue to be unrealistic about the issues of pulling out of Iraq.

    on the other hand the right seems to take it as an affront that anyone even has the temerity to question the administration on whether we should have gone into Iraq in the first place. Questioning the govermnent is not the same questioning your patriotism, nor does it show lack of support for our soldiers.
    I'm reminded of Mark twain's quotation:
    "Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it"
    I agree with Mark Twain. I support the troops but I am not drinking Bush's kool-aid. And there is nothing unpatriotic about that.

    AS far as the troops, if posting how many are dying irritates some people, then maybe we should not post. Or those that are irritated can just not visit the thread. I don't know the answer.

    I agree that both sides are continually jockying for political position on this issue and frankly on every issue. Lets explore this further.......

    At first I used to wonder if off-topics was best served by having a bunch of junior O'Reilly's and junior Carville's regurgitating their talking points.

    But then I realized if it works for cable its probably a winning formula for Treo central too.

    It must bring more people to the site to see the political bickering and then, on their way out, they buy stuff at the Treo store.

    Mods, is that your evil plot here?

    Anyway, Carville and O'Reilly get paid don't they? How about us off-topics regulars, what about us? Aren't we worth even a discount on some Treo gear or something?

    Its hard work arguing and I am not doing it for free anymore!

    Hey you guys, when are we getting paid????????
    Last edited by cellmatrix; 08/14/2005 at 08:54 PM.
  2. #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    I agree with you about honoring our vets, we could do a lot more for them than we do actually, we should be increasing VA funding, not cutting it.

    Getting back to your point, you make it sound like the left does a jig every time one of our people dies. But I think you just do not see the other side's view on this. If you were totally in favor of the war and thought it was well conceived and being fought well and helping America's interests, then if some of the troops had to die for it, you would be sad for sure, but you would at least have some reassurance that they died for a good cause.

    But, if you had doubts about the reason for this war and about the way it has been handled since it began, and if you have doubts about what it is doing for America, then would that make you less sad about the deaths of our American troops? If anything it would make you more sad. And you do not have this feeling of reassurance that the war is actually worth the cost.

    So believe me, the left is not doing a jig, I think the left is much more bummed out about the whole situation than the right.

    I call BS. There are those that want to see the United States fail. Every soldier we lose they see as a milestone toward their political goal of establishing a leftist/socialist congress. Remember the picture of the proestors? "We support our troops when they kill their officers".

    I sense NRG's smug satisfaction with every one of his posts. His dripping condescesion of those that serve in the military.
  3. #83  
    Troops in the Royal Dragoon Guards at their Al Faw base in Iraq

    Here
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  4. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever

    I sense NRG's smug satisfaction with every one of his posts. His dripping condescesion of those that serve in the military.
    Your disgust for me is frightening. You have no idea who I am, what I've done. You sense nothing from me except how you make yourself feel about me. You act like I take joy in deaths of our service members. My grandfather was in WWII flying P38s as a black cat squadron member, I say this to stress the point to you, I would never take comfort in the death of a GI. I also have friends, good friends over there. I wish them godspeed and safety every time they leave.

    P.s.
  5. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    I've lost two good friends in this war. Two good men that on their worst day were worth tens of thousands of your ilk. Your only connection to this war is that you see political advantage in their deaths.
    And your anger for me is evident once again.

    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    We've come a long way in the past thirty years. It used to be people like you would have to hang out at the airport to spit on returning veterans. Now you can do it virutally. Probably a lot safer that way for you.
    your assumption is just that.
  6. #86  
    Quote By: 1911sforever at Today 07:50 PM

    "I call BS. There are those that want to see the United States fail. Every soldier we lose they see as a milestone toward their political goal of establishing a leftist/socialist congress."


    1911,

    You are waaaay off base trying to tie liberals to such an extreme philosophy. You sound like a FNC puppet in your effort to do so: Some people say ........

    I have never met ANYONE that takes any kind of satisfaction from the death of our soldiers. Have you??? Weak argument.
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2
  7. #88  
    If Fox News really had that philosophy they wouldn't be Number One in ratings much less even existing. Liberals for the most part are misguided, but also for the most part are patriotic. Now they might want to give American rights to terrorists, but they certainly don't take joy in one of our soldiers dying.

    Quote Originally Posted by pdxtreo
    Quote By: 1911sforever at Today 07:50 PM

    "I call BS. There are those that want to see the United States fail. Every soldier we lose they see as a milestone toward their political goal of establishing a leftist/socialist congress."


    1911,

    You are waaaay off base trying to tie liberals to such an extreme philosophy. You sound like a FNC puppet in your effort to do so: Some people say ........

    I have never met ANYONE that takes any kind of satisfaction from the death of our soldiers. Have you??? Weak argument.
  8. #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Your disgust for me is frightening. You have no idea who I am, what I've done. You sense nothing from me except how you make yourself feel about me. You act like I take joy in deaths of our service members. My grandfather was in WWII flying P38s as a black cat squadron member, I say this to stress the point to you, I would never take comfort in the death of a GI. I also have friends, good friends over there. I wish them godspeed and safety every time they leave.

    P.s.
    If you are frightened by someone's very low opinion of you, well, that speaks to some form of insecurity, especially since I have no impact on your life other than the words I post on this forum. Sticks and stones...

    And like a typical leftist you speak of me "sensing" from you. Well, you post little except the left wing wine du jour. Tom Delay belongs in prison. Karl Rove is a traitor. Etc. etc. You don't need to be a Weatherman to see which way your wind blows.

    But you're right, I have no idea what you've done, and frankly couldn't give a damn less because I know what you are...someone who wants to see his country defeated in this war because you think it will further a left wing agenda. I have no doubt that you do a happy happy joy joy dance every time you post one of those KIA announcements. Your posts positively stream crocodile tears. Your avatar, equating the President with Saddam Hussein, speaks volumes. What else is there to know about you, really?
  9. #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxtreo
    Quote By: 1911sforever at Today 07:50 PM

    "I call BS. There are those that want to see the United States fail. Every soldier we lose they see as a milestone toward their political goal of establishing a leftist/socialist congress."


    1911,

    You are waaaay off base trying to tie liberals to such an extreme philosophy. You sound like a FNC puppet in your effort to do so: Some people say ........

    I have never met ANYONE that takes any kind of satisfaction from the death of our soldiers. Have you??? Weak argument.


    http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles...le.asp?ID=8744
  10. #91  
    Some People say that faux news rates #1 among all other cable news stations (can't find a source for that).

    Others say that libs are misguided.

    ATM, you got skills too!
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2
  11. #92  
    1911,

    The link you provided hardly supports the argument you seem to continue to put forth. You are truly insane if you believe any liberal thinks like this guy.

    "Mike places himself on the political spectrum as a “class-war anarchist,” and member of a 25-strong Bay Area collective named “Class War.” - frontpagemag.com

    Can you say extremist?
    Last edited by pdxtreo; 08/15/2005 at 12:01 AM. Reason: Added emoticons for annoying effect.
  12. #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    AS far as the troops, if posting how many are dying irritates some people, then maybe we should not post. Or those that are irritated can just not visit the thread. I don't know the answer.
    IMHO, it is pretty simple. There are two facts that are being dealt with here. If you side with one fact, it seems most are unable to even recognize the second fact. If you side with the second fact, then most feel that the first one is thrust in their face. And, the often times, inability to exclude unrelated facts when we are talking about the service of our troops in the field.

    As far as the individual soldier's sacrifices goes:

    Fact One: There are soldiers dying. And often times on a daily basis.

    Fact Two: They are capturing terrorist, and often times on a daily basis. They are helping the people of Iraq. They are building bridges and roads to towns that have never had them. Stopping Car bombs before they kill any of the International Troops or Iraqi civilians. Supplying electricity to cities who have never had it. Capturing key terrorist and insurgent leaders. Improving their school system and medical response teams in remote areas that have never had them. Foiling insurgent attacks before they happen.

    Non Related Facts Concerning Our Soldiers Service Whether we should be in Iraq. Whether we should pull out of Iraq. Who ordered us there. Whether Saddam lied about having WMDs. Whether Saddam lied about NOT having WMDs. Bush Admin Foreign Policy.

    It is simple........Recognize that our soldiers are dying and that they have sacrificed their lives in the line of duty. Recognize that they are doing great things in a challenging situation.

    Do both and you will truly honor those who have laid down their lives. Ignore one or the other and you are doing a MAJOR disservice to our Country, to our Armed Forces, and especially to those who paid the ultimate sacrifice and to their families and friends.
  13. #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    I call BS. There are those that want to see the United States fail. Every soldier we lose they see as a milestone toward their political goal of establishing a leftist/socialist congress. Remember the picture of the proestors? "We support our troops when they kill their officers".

    I sense NRG's smug satisfaction with every one of his posts. His dripping condescesion of those that serve in the military.
    You say that is is BS that people on the left are sad about the troops dying, that we are really happy about it? You think liberals take delight in people dying? You think my post was BS and that I really am happy our troops are dying? I can't believe you think that. Why you must personally insult me because I have a different political opinion, I just do not understand this.
    Last edited by cellmatrix; 08/15/2005 at 07:41 AM.
  14. #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxtreo
    1911,

    The link you provided hardly supports the argument you seem to continue to put forth. You are truly insane if you believe any liberal thinks like this guy.

    "Mike places himself on the political spectrum as a “class-war anarchist,” and member of a 25-strong Bay Area collective named “Class War.” - frontpagemag.com

    Can you say extremist?
    Class War Anarchist=Communist=Socialist=Left Wing Democrat that would like to see soldiers kill their leaders=someone who rejoices at the death of an American soldier.
  15. #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    IMHO, it is pretty simple. There are two facts that are being dealt with here. If you side with one fact, it seems most are unable to even recognize the second fact. If you side with the second fact, then most feel that the first one is thrust in their face. And, the often times, inability to exclude unrelated facts when we are talking about the service of our troops in the field.

    As far as the individual soldier's sacrifices goes:

    Fact One: There are soldiers dying. And often times on a daily basis.

    Fact Two: They are capturing terrorist, and often times on a daily basis. They are helping the people of Iraq. They are building bridges and roads to towns that have never had them. Stopping Car bombs before they kill any of the International Troops or Iraqi civilians. Supplying electricity to cities who have never had it. Capturing key terrorist and insurgent leaders. Improving their school system and medical response teams in remote areas that have never had them. Foiling insurgent attacks before they happen.

    Non Related Facts Concerning Our Soldiers Service Whether we should be in Iraq. Whether we should pull out of Iraq. Who ordered us there. Whether Saddam lied about having WMDs. Whether Saddam lied about NOT having WMDs. Bush Admin Foreign Policy.

    It is simple........Recognize that our soldiers are dying and that they have sacrificed their lives in the line of duty. Recognize that they are doing great things in a challenging situation.

    Do both and you will truly honor those who have laid down their lives. Ignore one or the other and you are doing a MAJOR disservice to our Country, to our Armed Forces, and especially to those who paid the ultimate sacrifice and to their families and friends.
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but I admire our troops, their unselifish sacrifice, their service to our country, while at the same time, I feel that the policy they serve is deeply flawed.

    You are trying to say I am unpatriotic if I do not support the President's policies in Iraq? If that is the argument you are making, then I guess I just have to disagree.
  16. #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    Class War Anarchist=Communist=Socialist=Left Wing Democrat that would like to see soldiers kill their leaders=someone who rejoices at the death of an American soldier.
    Right Wing Republican=...= White Supremacist Nazi, is that what you are trying to say? It certainly would make as much sense as your statement, meaning no sense at all.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
  17. #98  
    IMHO - These two threads should be merged.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=92723

    Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

    I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self
    .



  18. #99  
    What I am saying that the extreme left wing controls the Democratic party, that they want to see America fail in Iraq, and that they see the death of every American soldier as a step toward achieving that goal.

    Can I make it any more plain?

    On another note, there have been revelations about prisoner abuse involving physical beatings, starvation, dogs, exposure to extreme cold, the whole nine yards. Unforunately it was performed by the Swiss against American internees during WWII.
  19. #100  
    I hope they don't, I mean NRG has a higher calling with this thread to copy and paste information from the military deaths. These often don't mention names, hometowns, etc. It's his way of saying he 'cares'.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLiveSoundGuy
    IMHO - These two threads should be merged.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=92723
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions