Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Listing a killing is only recognizing they have died. Is it not a greater act of honor to those who have died to share what good they have been able accomplish? The act of rememberance and honor is knowing what they great achievements they were able to bring to the world in such a challenging situation. What ease of pain they were able to bring in a part of the world that is currently torn apart by terrorists. Please also recognize the accomplishments that they gave their lives for!

2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    You really think this is getting political traction for your side, don't you?

Ghoul.
    Quote Originally Posted by aairman23
    when i clicked on this thread, i actually thought it was gonna somehow be honoring fallen soldiers. Instead, it was just typical commie BS. You're opinion that this war is needless is in the minority in this country and it will continue to be that way for a long time.

Aaron

PS sucks to be you!
    The shrill angry right. Don't you 2 have something better to do, like waving a flag or calling people unamerican?
    Last edited by NRG; 08/13/2005 at 11:49 PM.
    NRG.....man are you touchy.....how is recommending remembering those soldiers who died in a thread honoring them, with a suggestion to remember the some of the amazing feats they have been able to accomplish in a horrible and extremely challenging situation an attack from the "shrill angry right" that you are un-American. That thought never crossed my mind until maybe just now when you planted a seed of thought. A request to remember some of the good that they gave their lives for is not a personal attack on you.....just....simply acknowledging that there has been some good that they has come out of the cause they gave lives for.

I have never been called or lumped into a shrill right group....is that what you call those who, despite any political disagreements with the Administration I may have, am willing to recognize the great accomplishments that the individual soldiers have been able to do? They have NOTHING to do with the Bush policies. They deserve to be recognized for the good that the soldiers on the ground have done and are doing........no matter what. No matter what your personal feelings towards Bush are....that does not demean the good that these soldiers are doing on a daily basis. No matter what your personal views on our foreign policy....that does not demean the good that these soldiers are doing on a daily basis. No matter if you feel that it should be illegal to even look at Iraq on the map, let alone if we should have invaded....that does not demean the good that these soldiers are doing on a daily basis. No matter if you feel you that we should ignore what those 1,800 have died trying accomplish and that we should pull ever soldier out of Iraq in the next 48 hours....that does not demean the good that these soldiers are doing on a daily basis.

When you flame me for a suggestion to remember some of the great things they died tying to do and that they have done because of their sacrifice....it does seem to me to be (or at least the appearance of) playing politics.

IMHO, when it comes to recognizing the individual soldiers and the troops in the field....all politics are off the table. They are not response for it. They are simply there doing the best they can and doing a great job with the situation that is handed to them.
    when i clicked on this thread, i actually thought it was gonna somehow be honoring fallen soldiers. Instead, it was just typical commie BS. You're opinion that this war is needless is in the minority in this country and it will continue to be that way for a long time.

Aaron

PS sucks to be you!
    here here!!
  5. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    NRG.....man are you touchy.....how is recommending remembering those soldiers who died in a thread honoring them, with a suggestion to remember the some of the amazing feats they have been able to accomplish in a horrible and extremely challenging situation an attack from the "shrill angry right" that you are un-American. That thought never crossed my mind until maybe just now when you planted a seed of thought. A request to remember some of the good that they gave their lives for is not a personal attack on you.....just....simply acknowledging that there has been some good that they has come out of the cause they gave lives for.

I have never been called or lumped into a shrill right group....is that what you call those who, despite any political disagreements with the Administration I may have, am willing to recognize the great accomplishments that the individual soldiers have been able to do? They have NOTHING to do with the Bush policies. They deserve to be recognized for the good that the soldiers on the ground have done and are doing........no matter what. No matter what your personal feelings towards Bush are....that does not demean the good that these soldiers are doing on a daily basis. No matter what your personal views on our foreign policy....that does not demean the good that these soldiers are doing on a daily basis. No matter if you feel that it should be illegal to even look at Iraq on the map, let alone if we should have invaded....that does not demean the good that these soldiers are doing on a daily basis. No matter if you feel you that we should ignore what those 1,800 have died trying accomplish and that we should pull ever soldier out of Iraq in the next 48 hours....that does not demean the good that these soldiers are doing on a daily basis.

When you flame me for a suggestion to remember some of the great things they died tying to do and that they have done because of their sacrifice....it does seem to me to be (or at least the appearance of) playing politics.

IMHO, when it comes to recognizing the individual soldiers and the troops in the field....all politics are off the table. They are not response for it. They are simply there doing the best they can and doing a great job with the situation that is handed to them.
    Hobbes, my post was not directed at you. I have never lumped you in with "angry right". I totally agree with you that armed services men/women are doing their best to bring some good out of this mis-guided adventure in Iraq. But the fact remains they (armed services men/women) were sent to Iraq not as a last resort.
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Hobbes, my post was not directed at you. I have never lumped you in with "angry right". I totally agree with you that armed services men/women are doing their best to bring some good out of this mis-guided adventure in Iraq.
    Thanks NRG.

But the fact remains they (armed services men/women) were sent to Iraq not as a last resort.
    But that is my point. No matter if we feel we should have gone in or not...or the timing...or ect.... is politics to take up with or against Bush and his Admin. This has nothing to do with what the soldiers are actually doing. And since they are an "innocent" for a lack of a better word in performing their duty in this situation, it is good to recognize those who have given their lives, but at the same time is it vital to also recognize the good that they are doing while serving in this situation and why they gave their lives and what they were doing while they gave their lives.
  7. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts

Aaron

PS sucks to be you!
    You might be wrong on stating I am in the minority. Recent polls show I am in the majority.

"In view of the developments since we first sent our troops to Iraq, do you think the United States made a mistake in sending troops to Iraq, or not?" Form A (N=481, MoE ± 5)

Made a Mistake%54 Did Not Make a Mistake%44 Unsure%2

"All in all, do you think it was worth going to war in Iraq, or not?" Form B (N=523, MoE ± 5)
    Wording, 6/03-12/03: "All in all, do you think the situation in Iraq was worth going to war over, or not?"
    Wording prior to 6/03: "All in all, do you think the current situation in Iraq is worth going to war over, or not?"

Worth Going To War%44 Not Worth Going To War%54 Unsure%2

http://www.pollingreport.com/iraq.htm
    I guess I'm another shrilling angry Right Winger, but I agree with 1911, this is ghoulish, and I don't see the point. You're already posting these in the "Good/Bad" thread, why repost?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Ok, this is disgusting!! As a mother who has a son serving in the Navy at this moment, I'd don't appreciate this one bit...this has NOTHING to do with honoring them, the thread should have been named DEATH LIST...you are just sick!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ttrundle
    here here!!
    here we agree!
    Military Tribute Video for our Men and Women in the Military

All gave some...Some gave all

May take a minute to load
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  12. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Look, you all seem to be pretty angry about this thread. This thread was started with the purpose of bring the deaths of our military to light. You won't get to see these types of things on TV, read about them in the newspaper, or hear it on the radio. I started this thread for a real look at what america is sacrificing. I am sorry if I offended any of you. This thread was not started for political purposes, it was started to make some aware of what prices we are really paying and to motivate some of you to do something, be it sending care packages, talking about it maybe even getting involved at some level. Again sorry if I offended any of you.

P.S. If these deaths make you angry you shouldn't be directing it at me.
    Iraqi Freedom Tribute Video

View
    A very moving tribute

View
    Look, you all seem to be pretty angry about this thread. This thread was started with the purpose of bring the deaths of our military to light. You won't get to see these types of things on TV, read about them in the newspaper, or hear it on the radio. I started this thread for a real look at what america is sacrificing. I am sorry if I offended any of you. This thread was not started for political purposes, it was started to make some aware of what prices we are really paying and to motivate some of you to do something, be it sending care packages, talking about it maybe even getting involved at some level. Again sorry if I offended any of you.
    Nonsense. Unless you spend all of your television time watching PBS Kids, you can't possibly be serious about "You won't get to see these types of things on TV, read about them in the newspaper, or hear it on the radio." Everytime a serviceman is killed it gets reported on the news. Are you living in a vacuum??

This is nothing more than a political statement from you.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  16. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Nonsense. Unless you spend all of your television time watching PBS Kids, you can't possibly be serious about "You won't get to see these types of things on TV, read about them in the newspaper, or hear it on the radio." Everytime a serviceman is killed it gets reported on the news. Are you living in a vacuum??

This is nothing more than a political statement from you.
    Insertion, this has nothing to do with my politics or yours.
    Insertion, this has nothing to do with my politics or yours.
    I would hope not.

Ghoul is a good word. At least CBS's Fallen Heroes bit at the end of their newscast shares a name and pictures and some infor about the troop who gave his/her life.

This crap is just political garbage. The fact that you say this
    The shrill angry right. Don't you 2 have something better to do, like waving a flag or calling people unamerican?
    proves it. The word unamerican was introduced by you.

Sad to think these brave men and women have fought and gave their lives for someone who shows so little regard for their sacrfice. Just my opinon.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  19. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Ghoul is a good word. At least CBS's Fallen Heroes bit at the end of their newscast shares a name and pictures and some infor about the troop who gave his/her life.

This crap is just political garbage. The fact that you say this
    proves it. The word unamerican was introduced by you.

Sad to think these brave men and women have fought and gave their lives for someone who shows so little regard for their sacrfice. Just my opinon.
    Woof, I was called a commieby one of them. I can't state this clear enough for some of you folks THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH POLITICS! This has everything to do with the ultimate price some are paying for their country.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast