Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    New contest folks, and prizes for it are already rolling in. We'll announce them in the upcoming days. But there will be food and drink for sure.

The trick is to name the date (and time) of the 700,000th post made on these boards. Get even closer by guessing the poster (but you can't win if you select yourself - or if you happen to be spending kissy time with the poster either!!!)

It's a contest even Insertion can play.

To Play...

PM your entry to me (that's PRIVATE MESSAGE for the new folk here). It will be logged in a handy spreadsheet only myself and Perry can access.

The guessing game cuts off at 680,000 so think hard before submitting your entry.

And, a few Rules...

There are few... you can only pick one date, time and poster, and you can't bribe your preferred poster. Once you pick it, it's yours. Rhyming your date, time and poster will do you no good unless you tie all three with someone else (the rhymer will, by default, win). But since rhyming is fun, you'll win props (those are finger snaps) from the contest runners.

Since Perry and I cannot win, we get to drive you nuts through all of this.

And for those wondering, monkey-prodding is most certainly encouraged. Driving the monkey Cucko for Cocoa Puffs is the only way to run a contest.

Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
    Quote Originally Posted by mediasi
    ... <snip> ... And for those wondering, monkey-prodding is most certainly encouraged. Driving the monkey Cucko for Cocoa Puffs is the only way to run a contest. ...<snip> ...
    lol
    Do I get credit for creating an new phrase in the English language? I wonder how long it will take monkey-prodding to go beyond these electronic walls into main stream usage? And then into Webster's. . . . .
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Do I get credit for creating an new phrase in the English language? I wonder how long it will take monkey-prodding to go beyond these electronic walls into main stream usage? And then into Webster's. . . . .
    Definitely! I think the mods should put it in the board's FAQ.

Pamela
    DesignExtend.com
  5.    #5  
    Wow! Entries already rolling in and thus far, we've got these prizes:

First Prize - Value $100
    Winner will get a $40 restaurant gift card (offered up by Perry and Pamela) + (cause someone's already asked for it) Signed copies of my hubby's books. In fact, not just comics, but also a limited edition hardcover of his short fiction (book is SOLD out).

Second Prize - Value $40
    $20 Starbucks Gift Card (offered up by Ronbo) + signed softcover of hubby's book and 3 comics

Third Prize - Value $22
    Soft cover book + comics, signed

If anyone wants to offer up anything to go with these, let me or Perry know.
    DesignExtend.com
    Okay people, now you have to start figuring out what the "average posts per day" average is on Treo Central. . . . . .

Of course, guessing the time and date of #700,000 will not be that easy. Product releases and/or rumors will result in a flurry of activity. way beyond any determined average. . . .
  7.    #7  
    Yeah, and I'm curious to see what percentage Insertion's posts will make up of the remaining.

Pamela
    DesignExtend.com
    At 8:35pm yesterday:
    634,958 down
    65,042 to go
    Last edited by gtwo; 08/14/2005 at 06:41 PM.
    Where is the best place to access the current count?
    I notice that Insertion has not even posted here? Something bothering him lately or is he asleep?
    I've been suffering from avatar malfunction
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim
    Where is the best place to access the current count?
    Hi Shop!

Main Discussion page, bottom left under statistics.

Cheers, Perry
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I've been suffering from avatar malfunction
    lol ... I thought you were just feeling bad that this thread is no longer about you
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    lol ... I thought you were just feeling bad that this thread is no longer about you
    I didn't know this thread was about me...although given it was started by Ms. Pamela, it's easy how one can assume it would involve me.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."

First Prize - Value $100
    Winner will get a $40 restaurant gift card (offered up by Perry and Pamela) + (cause someone's already asked for it) Signed copies of my hubby's books. In fact, not just comics, but also a limited edition hardcover of his short fiction (book is SOLD out).

Second Prize - Value $40
    $20 Starbucks Gift Card (offered up by Ronbo) + signed softcover of hubby's book and 3 comics

Third Prize - Value $22

16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I didn't know this thread was about me...although given it was started by Ms. Pamela, it's easy how one can assume it would involve me.
    You read something into everything.

Pamela
    DesignExtend.com
    You read something into everything.

Pamela
    it's easy when you're such an open book.

First Prize - Value $100

Second Prize - Value $40

Third Prize - Value $22

I would be willing to offer a Treo 700 once it comes out ....oh but wait ... we're counting down to 700,000 not 7,000,000. Scratch that
    Palm m505 -> Treo600 (GSM ATT) -> Treo650 (Cingular) -> BB8700g -> BB Pearl
    "The point of living and of being an optimist, is to be foolish enough to believe the best is yet to come."
    Can I get a refund?

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    At 8:35pm yesterday 8/13/05:
    634,958 down
    65,042 to go

Today at 7:37pm 8/14/05

635,668 down
    64,332 to go

That was 710 posts in that 23 hour period. .. . .

Enjoy!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast