Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    08/26/05 @ 7:04am
    2,138 in 47 hours.

On 8/13/05 at 8:35pm
    11,880 in 299 hours-ish
    39.7 per hour over a 12.5 day period.

The cutoff period for placing your guess is at 680,000 posts. So, at 1,000 per day, that should be around September 25th. And then we will have around 20 days to see who gets it right!

Of course, things like MobiTV or (heaven forbid) a new product release leak or announcement --- throws all averages and forecasting right out the window.
    Last edited by gtwo; 08/26/2005 at 07:33 AM.
    650,000 !!!!!

Thank You Insertion, for the assist in getting it here before I had to go to bed!
    650,002, at last count
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    650,002, at last count
    No wonder you wanted me to take a nap. You want all the glory!

Lech!!!

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

It's all about me anyways...

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    PERRY!!!!!!

It's about time for your duty.

In bed . . . . . lights going out . .. . .. later, my friend.

That is 1,427 in a 31 hour period, or 46 per hour. . . . .

Hey, Insertion . . . . . . how is the nap going?

About 25 days until the polls close. . . . .at 680,000.

Pamela, you out there?
    I hope she made it out ok.
    I believe she weathered over fine in Florida, just must be busy with clean up.
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    I believe she weathered over fine in Florida, just must be busy with clean up.
    Clean up, then a conference, then computers crashing (just bought a new one last night). I really suck at keeping you all informed, huh?

Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
    Welcome Back!

About 17 more days until the polls close at 680,000 posts. . . . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by mediasi
    New contest folks, and prizes for it are already rolling in. We'll announce them in the upcoming days. But there will be food and drink for sure.

The trick is to name the date (and time) of the 700,000th post made on these boards. Get even closer by guessing the poster (but you can't win if you select yourself - or if you happen to be spending kissy time with the poster either!!!)

It's a contest even Insertion can play.

To Play...

PM your entry to me (that's PRIVATE MESSAGE for the new folk here). It will be logged in a handy spreadsheet only myself and Perry can access.

The guessing game cuts off at 680,000 so think hard before submitting your entry.

And, a few Rules...

There are few... you can only pick one date, time and poster, and you can't bribe your preferred poster. Once you pick it, it's yours. Rhyming your date, time and poster will do you no good unless you tie all three with someone else (the rhymer will, by default, win). But since rhyming is fun, you'll win props (those are finger snaps) from the contest runners.

Since Perry and I cannot win, we get to drive you nuts through all of this.

And for those wondering, monkey-prodding is most certainly encouraged. Driving the monkey Cucko for Cocoa Puffs is the only way to run a contest.

Pamela
    Just in case anyone forgot what this thread is about. . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Just in case anyone forgot what this thread is about. . . .
    Just in case you forgot your duty as Keeper Of The Count...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast