Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    and by the way here is the original "inflammatory and insensitive" comment that has everyone's knickers (can i use that word in here?) in a knot.

Perhaps I was too subtle with my satire and the
    *cough*
    didn't register?

Palm m505 -> Treo600 (GSM ATT) -> Treo650 (Cingular) -> BB8700g -> BB Pearl
    "The point of living and of being an optimist, is to be foolish enough to believe the best is yet to come."
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLiveSoundGuy
    If we are going to continue to use that example, by using the letter "N" is to imply that we all know what "word" the letter represents. By utterence of just the letter, one might as well use the entire word. The slang meaning associated with the word can not be removed by removing all letters except one. Therefore one could become offended by just the letter. Extreme? Yes but that was chilli's point. The difference between satire and intent.
    So true and so deep. However, I have deep respect for those whom regard it's casual and blatant use as improper. And if your logic is true then why should we wear clothes? We all know what lies beneath... we all share that knowledge and even the same feelings about seeing certain others in that disposition... so again ask yourself "Why?"
    Quote Originally Posted by skillllllz
    So true and so deep. And if your logic is true then why should we wear clothes?
    I can't tell you how many times I have asked myself that very question. Modesty I suspect.

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Quote Originally Posted by chillig35
    well well well ... a little support from the right-wing now!
    Consider me your own personal conservative ACLU!

This isn't a right wing or left wing thing, this is simply people looking for drama where there shouldn't be. If "blonde bimbo" is the worst thing you hear in your life, I'd say you're doing pretty well.

And if it truly offends you, and you are neither blonde nor a bimbo (which from your "arguments", you appear to be neither), then you really, really need to get out more.
    I'm back!
    folks ...have fun with the PC plice tonite

I have to pack as I have a plane to catch early am tomorrow.

Btw - my blonde wife read this and thinks a certain person on here is a shrivelled up old prude.

cheers
    Palm m505 -> Treo600 (GSM ATT) -> Treo650 (Cingular) -> BB8700g -> BB Pearl
    "The point of living and of being an optimist, is to be foolish enough to believe the best is yet to come."
    LOL... as have I.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    Consider me your own personal conservative ACLU!

This isn't a right wing or left wing thing, this is simply people looking for drama where there shouldn't be. If "blonde bimbo" is the worst thing you hear in your life, I'd say you're doing pretty well.

And if it truly offends you, and you are neither blonde nor a bimbo (which from your "arguments", you appear to be neither), then you really, really need to get out more.
    It never offended me to the point that is so seems. The energy I have put into this argument has very little to do with the actual word(s) that were used and more to do with the *idea* that it's ok to be insensitive.
    After reading all this you may want to change your sig line from "Why Not" to "Maybe we shouldn't"

Thread Crapper

I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Quote:
    So true and so deep. And if your logic is true then why should we wear clothes?

Quote Originally Posted by TheLiveSoundGuy
    I can't tell you how many times I have asked myself that very question. Modesty I suspect.

to paraphrase Churchill:

"some of us have more to be modest about than others...."
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    Quote:..."some of us have more to be modest about than others...."
    Does that have anything to do with the shrivelled up old prude thingie??
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    I'm truly flattered that three seperate individuals have tried ever so elegantly to enlighten me here. It shows me that people really do care in this world *cough* (<--just like this, right? That denotes satire, right? Just checking)

I am flattered though. Tell ya guys what, I'll PM each of ya a derogatory word just to be fair. This way its not out in public, so I get what I want, and you each get what you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    You stay away you... I fear you.

no no no -- I'm just a drive by !!

officer, I didn't see nuthin !!
    You stay away you... I fear you.
    hehehe...im gonna watch CSI. TTFN
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Can't get yer mind off of that down & under Austrailian thing eh?

Thread Crapper

Appropriate viewing for this thread (I'm sure many of you have seen this Red vs. Blue episode on Real Life vs. the Internet):

http://gprime.net/video.php/reallifevsinternet

Recognizing that I volunteered...
    Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanDad
    Appropriate viewing for this thread (I'm sure many of you have seen this Red vs. Blue episode on Real Life vs. the Internet):

http://gprime.net/video.php/reallifevsinternet

Now That's Satire! Too funny!

Thread Crapper

Rofl!!
    Rofl!!
    Have a good night, morning, afternoon, whatever the case. That was fun. I'm out.

Thread Crapper

too brilliant !!

hey I said I was going!! take your hands off of me !! I didn't do nothing wrong -- I told you was just driving by!! Hey Hey someone take a picture !! Get his BADGE NUMBER !!!
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast