Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I saw this in another forum

Q: How many forum members does it take to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

1 to move it to the Lighting section

2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section

7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

5 to flame the spell checkers

3 to correct spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, just to add "Me too"

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    lol
    (on the last one "forum lurker starting it all over")
    That's too funny...

I was actually applying the appropriate members to each category as I read it...

/pending new smilies
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
    should this be in the treocentral forum since it's about forum habits
    ... and then there's Insertion.

p.s. It's NOT in the right forum! The forum id is; "Off Topic," and this is CLEARLY about lightbulbs. (lamps)

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Christina has nothing to worry about . . . . .

Your new avatar (Live Sound Guy) will not attract the Monkey Man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Christina has nothing to worry about . . . . .

Your new avatar (Live Sound Guy) will not attract the Monkey Man.
    ...but my biological clock is ticking.

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130
    That's too funny...

I was actually applying the appropriate members to each category as I read it...
    And the results were?
    I'm back!
    Thats hilarious ,,,,thanks

P.S. When did we get these new smilies
    I havent been to the board much, Ive been and and The're pretty cool
    awesome

Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    And the results were?
    Well, the Usual Suspects would fall under multiple categories...
    0 because i burn my natural gas for lighting...yes i have a lot of gas...beans bean the musical fruit the more you eat the more you toot
    so typical clairegrrl -- no mention of the lamp situation in iraq !!!
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    so typical clairegrrl -- no mention of the lamp situation in iraq !!!
    I think Barye found a major flaw in the scenario above, we need to add the line:

9 posts relating how it is all Bush's fault that all the lightbulbs in Iraq need to be changed, but they cannot because he didn't plan to change their light bulbs before he attacked, so they are all now left in the dark and lightbulbless because of a conspiracy between Father and Son Bush who wants them to burn OIL lamps instead.

12 posts debating that it was actually the Libs who secretly hid all the light bulbs from the Iraqis because it would make Bush look Bad

134 posts going around and around from the comments about Bush and Libs

oke:
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 08/09/2005 at 01:41 PM.
    And, of course, don't forget 23 posts on the use of lightbulbs in <insert old/religious book of choice>
    Was the light bulb created...or did it evolve??
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    The Big Bright Theory
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    I think Barye found a major flaw in the scenario above, we need to add the line:

9 posts relating how it is all Bush's fault that all the lightbulbs in Iraq need to be changed, but they cannot because he didn't plan to change their light bulbs before he attacked, so they are all now left in the dark and lightbulbless because of Bush wants them to burn OIL lamps instead.

12 posts debating that it was actually the Libs who secretly hid all the light bulbs from the Iraqis because it would make Bad

134 posts going around and around from the comments about Bush and Libs

oke:
    Don't forget the 15 posts from our nameless liberal friends about how Bush lied that the lightbulbs even needed to be changed in the first place.

Shameless use of new smilies here.
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    Shameless use of new smilies here.
    No.. ..this is oke: shameless :

You said what? Then I am , you are and should go to . Because talking to you is like But if you really meant that instead of this , then and we should

Enough from my

But of course , I am King of all threads:

And have you seen:
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast