Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Found some interesting roots in Monongahela this past weekend

Awesome root pic, but how did you ever get a backpack and tennis shoes to stay on it?

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

I shall refrain from commenting...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Good Monkey.

(Of course, a comment to make no comment is a comment. You are just leaving it up to us, to envision what you might have typed.)
    Last edited by gtwo; 08/08/2005 at 12:12 PM.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    It was a picture that was just begging to be taken - and it was either me or my 5'5" 200 lb male hiking partner.
    awwwww!
    don't tell me that you've been domesticated!!!
    Palm m505 -> Treo600 (GSM ATT) -> Treo650 (Cingular) -> BB8700g -> BB Pearl
    "The point of living and of being an optimist, is to be foolish enough to believe the best is yet to come."
    Hahah! Is this a "famous" root or did you discover it yourself?
    Quote Originally Posted by lb505
    It was a picture that was just begging to be taken
    I may have to beg for some more shots like that...

Of the root of course

So, is your avatar part of the same trip?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Hahah! Is this a "famous" root or did you discover it yourself?
    Just happened to notice it walking by. The whole area is absolutely beautiful - we were surrounded by huge rhodedendrons for most of the hike (turning into ferned or wooded areas occasionally), crossed over about 6 creeks and saw about the same number of waterfalls.
  10.    #10  
    I may have to beg for some more shots like that...

Of the root of course

So, is your avatar part of the same trip?
    No, the avatar was from Hickory Creek in PA (also a very good hiking spot) about a month ago. I've also gone to Shawnee and Wildcat in Southern Ohio this year. Shawnee is VERY difficult.

I'm always looking for new places to go within a 6-8 hr drive from Cleveland so if anyone has any suggestions, let me know!

More pics from WV attached - the trail, a waterfall and an interesting fungus.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Some nice pictures from WV...

I picked out an interesting part from one of your photos and made an avatar of it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_OTR_Fan
    Some nice pictures from WV...

I picked out an interesting part from one of your photos and made an avatar of it...
    i dunno - i think the "root" pic that started this thread would make a very distinctive avatar - what do y'all think?
    Palm m505 -> Treo600 (GSM ATT) -> Treo650 (Cingular) -> BB8700g -> BB Pearl
    "The point of living and of being an optimist, is to be foolish enough to believe the best is yet to come."
  13.    #13  
    That's the one I was afraid he'd edited...

Thanks for the new avatar OTR.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    were ya anywhere near cooper's rock? very pretty there. we've been hiking around there a few times & loved it. rattlesnake trail, among others is very cool. lots of cave-like formations in and around that spot.
    I gotta have more cowbell
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by vw2002
    were ya anywhere near cooper's rock? very pretty there. we've been hiking around there a few times & loved it. rattlesnake trail, among others is very cool. lots of cave-like formations in and around that spot.
    Is Cooper's Rock in the Otter Creek Wilderness area? We'll be going back again this summer and can put it on the 'must see' list if it's down in that area.
    It was a picture that was just begging to be taken - and it was either me or my 5'5" 200 lb male hiking partner.
    You have chosen wisely...
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
  17.    #17  
    Day hike in mid-Ohio. Pictures of me in a little cave, a big cave (Ash) and some trail shots. It was a little too touristy and crowded until we got away from the caves and falls. Then we were poured on for about an hour but all in all, not a bad day.
    Day hike in mid-Ohio. Pictures of me in a little cave, a big cave (Ash) and some trail shots. It was a little too touristy and crowded until we got away from the caves and falls. Then we were poured on for about an hour but all in all, not a bad day.

awesome pics !!
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Kinda liked #005 myself

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Hmmmm....
    Interesting pics...
    And you are very cute...
    Not much of a hiker here...although i suppose i wouldnt mind going with YOU!
    As long as the red line train could drop me off at each location.

Next stop.... Big Cave... please exit on the right!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast