Page 1 of 37 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I feel for her losing her son and at the same time I think her son would be so embarrassed. I watched her interviewed and she keeps asking "I want to know why President Bush killed my son?". Thank God there is only a few of her embarrassing themselves. Now it comes out that she has met with Bush over a year ago and praised him!

*Note from Drudge

The local paper rag in her home town interviewed her in June 2004 after meeting with the President and she had nothing but high praise.

PROTESTING SOLDIER MOM CHANGED STORY ON BUSH
    Mon Aug 08 2005 10:11:07 ET

The mother of a fallen U.S. soldier who is holding a roadside peace vigil near President Bush's ranch -- has dramatically changed her account about what happened when she met the commander-in-chief last summer!

Cindy Sheehan, 48, of Vacaville, Calif., who last year praised Bush for bringing her family the "gift of happiness," took to the nation's TV outlets this weekend to declare how Bush "killed an indispensable part of our family and humanity."

CINDY 2004

THE REPORTER of Vacaville, CA published an account of Cindy Sheehan's visit with the president at Fort Lewis near Seattle on June 24, 2004:

"'I now know he's sincere about wanting freedom for the Iraqis,' Cindy said after their meeting. 'I know he's sorry and feels some pain for our loss. And I know he's a man of faith.'

"The meeting didn't last long, but in their time with Bush, Cindy spoke about Casey and asked the president to make her son's sacrifice count for something. They also spoke of their faith.

"The trip had one benefit that none of the Sheehans expected.

"For a moment, life returned to the way it was before Casey died. They laughed, joked and bickered playfully as they briefly toured Seattle.

For the first time in 11 weeks, they felt whole again.

"'That was the gift the president gave us, the gift of happiness, of being together,' Cindy said."

CINDY 2005

Sheehan's current comments are a striking departure.

She vowed on Sunday to continue her protest until she can personally ask Bush: "Why did you kill my son?"

In an interview on CNN, she claimed Bush "acted like it was party" when she met him last year.

"It was -- you know, there was a lot of things said. We wanted to use the time for him to know that he killed an indispensable part of our family and humanity. And we wanted him to look at the pictures of Casey.

"He wouldn't look at the pictures of Casey. He didn't even know Casey's name. He came in the room and the very first thing he said is, 'So who are we honoring here?' He didn't even know Casey's name. He didn't want to hear it. He didn't want to hear anything about Casey. He wouldn't even call him 'him' or 'he.' He called him 'your loved one.'

Every time we tried to talk about Casey and how much we missed him, he would change the subject. And he acted like it was a party.

BLITZER: Like a party? I mean...

SHEEHAN: Yes, he came in very jovial, and like we should be happy that he, our son, died for his misguided policies. He didn't even pretend like somebody...

END

On her current media tour, Sheehan has not been asked to explain her twist on Bush; from praise to damnation!

Developing...
    She's a woman and incapable of thought beyond pure emotion. And how the hell did he kill her son. Her son, of his own free will, joined the military and knew there was a chance he would be killed. Idiots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    I feel for her losing her son and at the same time I think her son would be so embarrassed. I watched her interviewed and she keeps asking "I want to know why President Bush killed my son?". Thank God there is only a few of her embarrassing themselves. Now it comes out that she has met with Bush over a year ago and praised him!
    neither of us were at that meeting -- but isn't likely that she was initially completely overwhelmed by just the idea of talking to the POTUS -- and that those impressions became very different as she over time thought back as to how he'd acted, and what he'd said to her.

Anyone who has lost a father or son would very much want to feel that that sacrafice was worthwhile.

Soldiers who have returned grievously maimed have to believe their pain and suffering meant something as well.

Can't you empathize with her anger as she has come to understand that her son was lost not to make america safer, not to find WMDs, not to deliver democracy to the middle east -- but unforgivably, for nothing ?
    Last edited by BARYE; 08/08/2005 at 01:16 PM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    blah blah blah...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  5.    #5  
    Hope she is just as mad at the 77 of 100 Senators that voted for the Iraq War if Saddam didn't abide by the UN resolution. Hope she plans to camp outside their homes and accuse them of killing her son. She can start at John Kerry's vacation home, but it may be hard to figure out which one he's at. But, yes I can empathize with her losing her son. Horrible indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    neither of us were at that meeting -- but isn't likely that she was initially completely overwhelmed by just the idea of talking to the POTUS -- and that those impressions became very different as she over time thought back as to how he'd acted, and what he'd said to her.

Anyone who has lost a father or son would very much want to feel that that sacrafice was worthwhile.

Soldiers who have returned grievously maimed have to believe their pain and suffering meant something as well.

Can't you empathize with her anger as she has come to understand that her son was lost for not to make america safer, not to find WMDs, not to deliver democracy to the middle east -- but unforgivably, for nothing ?
    Hope she is just as mad at the 77 of 100 Senators that voted for the Iraq War if Saddam didn't abide by the UN resolution. Hope she plans to camp outside their homes and accuse them of killing her son. She can start at John Kerry's vacation home, but it may be hard to figure out which one he's at. But, yes I can empathize with her losing her son. Horrible indeed.
    vacation??? and you use Kerry for an example?
    what about the moron who will set a new vacation record with this 5 week one? already has spent nearly 20% of his term on vacation (and that's just the Crawford vacations, not counting the excursions to Camp David, etc).

No criticism for him??

Oh yeah... "This is hard work!!"- POTUS

BTW, it appears that Saddam DID abide by the UN resolution... he disarmed, and he let the inspectors in. Bush chased them out before they were finished.
    When I read stories like this it always amazes me how people actually forget that the military, for all the good they do, like providing civilian jobs to small towns, providing free college educations to enlistees, and providing aid and support to countries all over the world, serves one true purpose and one true purpose only.

In times of war, kill or be killed.

It's not all GI Bill and Honolulu, cheap housing and government jobs, like some people seem to think it is. It's an unfortunate reality, but reality nonetheless.
    I'm back!
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by nudist
    BTW, it appears that Saddam DID abide by the UN resolution... he disarmed, and he let the inspectors in. Bush chased them out before they were finished.
    Sure does look like he disarmed, unfortunately for Saddam 77 US Senators didn't believe them. Oh, the UN didn't mind dragging their feet because apparently many of them were sharing 'oil for food' money amounting to a staggering $64 billion dollars!
    Quote Originally Posted by nudist
    vacation??? and you use Kerry for an example?
    what about the moron who will set a new vacation record with this 5 week one? already has spent nearly 20% of his term on vacation (and that's just the Crawford vacations, not counting the excursions to Camp David, etc).

No criticism for him??
    No critism here. If there is some pressing need for him to return to the Capitol, he can do it. I have no problem with ANY President doing this. Whether it be W. or President Clinton...(well, he never owned a home, it was always provided by taxpayers.)

I just wish the damn Legislature would follow his lead and stay home too. Oh wait, gotta go over Rafael Palmeiro's pee test...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    President Clinton...(well, he never owned a home, it was always provided by taxpayers.)
    Provided by the taxpayers that elected him and granted him the right to live in those homes.
    Uh oh.

Children, let's not get ugly.....
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    ... the military, for all the good they do,... serves one true purpose and one true purpose only...

In times of war, kill or be killed.

It's not all GI Bill and Honolulu, cheap housing and government jobs, like some people seem to think it is. It's an unfortunate reality, but reality nonetheless.
    yes, this is true.

But the young people who we send into perilous danger have to trust that the civilians who control their lives, bodies, and fate are both intelligent and honorable.

The administration is terrified that their justifations for the war will be perceieved as based on deliberate lies. That's why they went so aggressively against Ambassador Wilson and his CIA wife.

I don't know that conservative supporters of this calamity sense the corosive effect all this has begun to have amongst those who are serving and who have already returned.

While admittedly most continue to support the war -- more and more have begun to doubt its basis -- and the cost that they personally have been asked to pay.

It was a shameful day when the Senate went along with the war.

Kerry and the other 77 were fools who believed the phony, fixed, "intelligence".

Even worse, some were cowards who feared not being reelected. junior scheduled the vote just before the election so that those who opposed the war could be portrayed as being unpatriotic and not supporting our troops.
  14.    #14  
    It was a shameful day when the Senate went along with the war.

Kerry and the other 77 were fools who believed the phony, fixed, "intelligence".

Even worse, some were cowards who feared not being reelected. junior scheduled the vote just before the election so that those who opposed the war could be portrayed as being unpatriotic and not supporting our troops.
    You act like the 77 Senators were duped children. No, for the most part they are seasoned politicians. The problem with 77 Senators voting for the war is it goes against the liberal mantra that everything is Bush's fault. Libs forget that Congress as well as Bush acted on the information that was given to them.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Did anybody REALLY believe it? I don't think anyone believed it, whether conservative, liberal or whatever. Yet the consensus supported him on it. Then we re-elected him on it.

Regardless of all this, the real question is whether it was a good strategic move. And then, yay or nay, what do you do about it?
    Holy crap! You guys are really over the top. Bad mouthing a woman protesting the unnecessary death of her soldier son (as every death in the occupation is as there was no reason to invade) BUT also ignoring the fact that if you want to protest THIS president, you have to go to his vacation home cause he's never at work!

17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Holy crap! You guys are really over the top. Bad mouthing a woman protesting the unnecessary death of her soldier son (as every death in the occupation is as there was no reason to invade) BUT also ignoring the fact that if you want to protest THIS president, you have to go to his vacation home cause he's never at work!

The only bad mouthing is the mother stating that Bush killed her son.
    But the young people who we send into perilous danger have to trust that the civilians who control their lives, bodies, and fate are both intelligent and honorable.
    Yes, this is true. However, the bottom line is that whatever fantasy you had in your head when you signed your name at the recruiter's office, whether it was a German vacation one year and a Hawaiian vacation the next, or a free 4 year degree, or the promise of a cushy government job in 5 years, the reality of the situation was that you were going into a career where you might be called upon to kill someone. And when that someone finds out you're there to kill him, he and all of his friends are going to try to kill you. And in the military, that is your first calling, no matter how peaceful your life is the other 98% of the time you wear the uniform.

I truly feel sorry for this woman's loss, just like I feel sorry for the families of anyone who lost someone in this war (just like I feel sorry for the families of firefighters or police officers or anyone else who serves the public good). But this is the life your son chose, and you both knew when he entered the services that this ending was a very real possibility. Honor your son's memory and the ultimate sacrifice he made for this country, don't tarnish him with silly protests that do more to get your face on TV than to exact any real change.
    I'm back!
    Yes, this is true. However, the bottom line is that whatever fantasy you had in your head when you signed your name at the recruiter's office, whether it was a German vacation one year and a Hawaiian vacation the next, or a free 4 year degree, or the promise of a cushy government job in 5 years, the reality of the situation was that you were going into a career where you might be called upon to kill someone. And when that someone finds out you're there to kill him, he and all of his friends are going to try to kill you. And in the military, that is your first calling, no matter how peaceful your life is the other 98% of the time you wear the uniform.
    that is quite unfair to characterize everyone who signed up like that. I have two close friends in the Marines, a relative in the Rangers and others in the regular army who signed up because they wanted to serve their country - not for all the "benefits". One of my Marine friends was also a veteran of Gulf War I and he re-elisted. But many of them question the validity of this war, even as they obey their orders. Most of them have served at least one tour of duty so far, and in fact many of them are on their second tour. I would say that these people (and their families) have as much (if not more) right as anyone else to question the war and to make sure that the sacrifices they are making are truly worthwhile. It is easy for you and I, sitting here comfortably out danger, to tell them that they're doing the honorable thing - but it's not that easy when you're on the ground and facing danger from the very people you've just "liberated".
    Palm m505 -> Treo600 (GSM ATT) -> Treo650 (Cingular) -> BB8700g -> BB Pearl
    "The point of living and of being an optimist, is to be foolish enough to believe the best is yet to come."
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Yes, this is true. However, the bottom line is that whatever fantasy you had in your head ....
    Did you miss BARYE's point intentionally or accidentally? His point is that the parents of soldiers have a right to expect competence from those soldiers' leaders, whether they be military or civilian leaders. It has nothing to do with fantasies about military life being a peaceful endeavor.
Page 1 of 37 12345611 ... LastLast