Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    ******inate

edit: sorry...just had to see for myself
    ???
    Palm m505 -> Treo600 (GSM ATT) -> Treo650 (Cingular) -> BB8700g -> BB Pearl
    "The point of living and of being an optimist, is to be foolish enough to believe the best is yet to come."
    Originally posted by cardio:

T2, useful- serve a purpose demanding an answer as to why the president killed her son? Her family could use her home right now.Again, I see your point, but that is what you deem as useful. I doubt she is thinking about anyone else right now.

His order-that is reaching, so if my boss told me to go get supplies from another area in town and I was killed by a drunk driver my boss killed me? NO. It's probably not no because of what you think. It's no because your boss didnt know before hand that he would be putting you in harm's way. The President knew that and did it anyway. Your example is not completely analogous

My bet - terminology, lots of reasons to believe Saddam supported Al-Quada to include training camps in Iraq. My point was that you just said it and didnt back it up.

Right to speak is no issue, but many posts sound as if the idividual is speaking for military individuals when they are ranting for themselves. Again, that is your interpretation (as you say 'sound') of what they are saying...my advice is to question it before reading too much into it.

Again speak all you want but do not phrase as if you are there or have the right to speak for those that are or have been there. Fair enough. I see a lot of people speaking out about it and not many acting like they know what it's like. Even so, they don't have to know what it's like to have a voice. That's not the requirement.

Criticize was probably the wrong choice of words. I do beleive when you demean the Commaner in Chief you demean the men under his command especially when it is done in such a public forum. It sends a message to the grunt on the ground that we as a nation are not behind the men and women fighting. When we watched C-N and saw the protests and the insults it did have an impact. It appeared that the whole nation had that attitude. That's fine...but not every servicemember feels the same. Arguably, when I was in the Corps, we didn't care what people thought about us and what we did. We were willing to put it on the line for our fellow grunts and our country. We motivated ourselves...and I suspect that many of our servicemen do the same.

Easy to challeng the descison when you do not have to make the choice or have all the information that he has available. Right or wrong, invade or not someone will say it is the wrong choice. The choice was made lets work on doing the best we can with the decision. Of course it's easier...but that doesn't automatically make the criticism less valid. The choice was made...so let's make sure we don't make poor choices but getting ideas from both sides of the isle.

You are absolutely right, the cost of this war or any war will be astronomical. How high would it have been if we had not intervened when we did, what if Saddam did acquuire a weapon capable of dispersing biological agents into an area populated by US soldiers (Saudi, UAE, Kuwait).Like you said...what if. I don't know...I am actually very much in the middle on the Iraq war. At the same time though...I won't close my eyes when the critics speak...and then tell them they can't because they werent there. We should encourage the criticisms, that way everyone can be involved in some way and then we can build true support for what we do. That's what will (IMO) motivate our troops more.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by chillig35
    ???
    The foul word filters

His article had the word "a s s a s s i n a t e"

however (without the spaces) the a s s is filtered:

assassinate
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    weird brainless sensoring system

(P*asport and as*sinate were sensored)
    At least you know I do read your posts.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    The foul word filters

His article had the word "a s s a s s i n a t e"

however (without the spaces) the a s s is filtered:

******inate
    kewl! potty mouth filter!
    "The point of living and of being an optimist, is to be foolish enough to believe the best is yet to come."
    watch yer potty mouths ..
    RAPPER 50 CENT ‘OFFENDED’ BY NOVAK’S LANGUAGE Demands Warning Label for Foul-mouthed Pundit

Conservative pundit Bob Novak, suspended indefinitely by CNN for using a profanity on the air, received some harsh criticism from another quarter today as the rapper 50 Cent said he was “offended” by Mr. Novak’s language.

At a press conference in Washington today, the platinum-selling rap artist expressed outrage at Mr. Novak’s televised outburst, saying that it represented “a troubling lowering of the standards of discourse” and a “coarsening of the culture in general.”

“I was sitting down to watch CNN with my children, as I always do,” Mr. Cent told reporters, “and when I heard Bob Novak’s remark, well, all I can say is that I was deeply, deeply offended.”

Mr. Cent was not the only member of the rap community to be outraged by Mr. Novak’s use of profanity, as thousands of rappers took to the streets of the nation’s capital today to express their anger at the foul-mouthed pundit.

The protest, led by rappers Snoop Dogg, Jay-Z and Eminem, was orchestrated to put pressure on Congress to place warning labels on pundits such as Mr. Novak to alert parents that he may blurt out an explicit remark at any moment.

As for Mr. Cent, he said that even if CNN ultimately reinstates Mr. Novak, he has no intention of watching the potty-mouthed talking head again: “From now on, the only person I feel totally safe watching is Lou Dobbs.”

Elsewhere, after signing a bill calling for an increase in nuclear energy production, President Bush clarified his position somewhat, saying, “I didn’t mean in Iran.”
    At least you know I do read your posts.

phew -- you must speed read like scanner on steroids
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    time out folks ....

Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton and Al Gore were in an airplane that crashed.
    They're up in heaven, and God's sitting on the great white throne. God
    addresses Al first. "Al, what do you believe in?"
    Al replies, "Well, I believe I won that election, but that it was your will
    that I did not serve. And I've come to understand that now."

God thinks for a second and says, "Okay, very good. Come and sit at my
    left."

God then addresses Bill. "Bill, what do you believe in?"

Bill replies, "I believe in forgiveness. I've sinned, but I've never held a
    grudge against my fellow man, and I hope no grudges are held against me."

God thinks for a second and says, "You are forgiven, my son.

Come and sit at my right."

God then addresses Hillary. "Hillary, what do you believe in?"

"I believe you're in my chair."
    time out folks ....

ewww -- gasp -- shot from behind <choke> from my left flank ...

Alright -- OF the two leading candidates for Senator in NY, which has a husband who fathered a baby during an adulterous affair -- and is still married to him ??

OF the two leading candidates for Senator in NY, which candidate is married to a felon (who served 11 months in prison) -- but won't categorically promise that they won't accept campaign donations from felons ??
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    ewww -- gasp -- shot from behind <choke> from my left flank ...
    *sigh* I'm not on the left ...or the right for that matter. I'm in the Chair!

C'mon - a little humor should lighten things up a bit - and it is good to laugh at oneself once in a while

C'mon - a little humor should lighten things up a bit - and it is good to laugh at oneself once in a while
    I laugh at you all the time!!

I laugh at you all the time!!
    you mean when you're not busy looking into the mirror?

I know !

now can you answer my question ??
  14.    #174  
    I agree!

I'm sorry, I'm still not following this. Since the whole country should have a say, (in your democratic scenario) how would they voice it?
    Ewww, me, pick me, I know the answer!
    You let the country vote for the President, congress and representatives. Right? Then since they won the election by a democratic vote they will help shape the future. Right?

Oh how the left hates that since conservatives have the majority, they make policy. Wow, what a concept...the majority wins.
    OF the two leading candidates for Senator in NY, which has a husband who fathered a baby during an adulterous affair -- and is still married to him ??

OF the two leading candidates for Senator in NY, which candidate is married to a felon (who served 11 months in prison) -- but won't categorically promise that they won't accept campaign donations from felons ??
    Last edited by BARYE; 08/10/2005 at 07:54 PM.
    Sorry guys, I made a booboo. Assassination, assist, passport, etc should work now.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
    no winners !! the answer:

Pirro Begins Her Senate Campaign by Assailing Clinton

By PATRICK D. HEALY
    Published: August 10, 2005

Decrying Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton's "empty promises," Jeanine F. Pirro got her 2006 Senate campaign off to a fiery but rocky start today, broadly attacking Mrs. Clinton in a speech but struggling with questions about abortion, taxes, Iraq and her husband.

Ms. Pirro, the Westchester County district attorney and the top political prospect of 2006 for many Republicans, began a three-day statewide tour at the Waldorf Astoria in Manhattan...

There was nary a word from Ms. Pirro, at least voluntarily, about her husband, who looms like a specter over the campaign, and she sidestepped some questions about his role in her political future.

Mr. Pirro fathered a child with another woman in the 1990's, and in 2000 he was convicted of income tax fraud and spent 11 months in prison. Ms. Pirro had signed some of the tax returns in questions, but she never faced any charges in his case. This year, a reputed mobster said he had been given confidential information about one of Ms. Pirro's cases from Mr. Pirro, who has denied the allegation.

At the news conference this morning, Ms. Pirro ignored a question about whether she would take money from her husband, who is also a prominent Republican donor...

... Asked if Ms. Pirro would take money from people with criminal records, "We'll go on a case-by-case basis on those matters."

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/08/10/ny...rtner=homepage
    Quote Originally Posted by JHromadka
    Sorry guys, I made a booboo. Assassination, assist, passport, etc should work now.
    Thanks for the quick action!

I think I've got the answer to the draft/Congressmen-don't-feel-the-pain issue: get elected, your kid goes in for the duration of your term.

Party Chief: Congratulations SENATOR Smith, you've been elected to the US Senate!!! Could you and Mrs. Smith come to the podium to make your acceptance speech? Umm... Jimmy, could you come with us. You can congratulate your dad later. Follow me back here. Jimmy, I'd like you to meet Sergeant First Class Morales. Sergeant Morales, this is Jimmy Smith. His dad was just elected Senator.

SFC Morales: I'm happy for your family. Now, would you please raise your right hand and repeat after me. "I, James Smith, do solemly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States..."

Works for me!
    Recognizing that I volunteered...
    Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanDad
    I think I've got the answer to the draft/Congressmen-don't-feel-the-pain issue: get elected, your kid goes in for the duration of your term.

Party Chief: Congratulations SENATOR Smith, you've been elected to the US Senate!!! Could you and Mrs. Smith come to the podium to make your acceptance speech? Umm... Jimmy, could you come with us. You can congratulate your dad later. Follow me back here. Jimmy, I'd like you to meet Sergeant First Class Morales. Sergeant Morales, this is Jimmy Smith. His dad was just elected Senator.

SFC Morales: I'm happy for your family. Now, would you please raise your right hand and repeat after me. "I, James Smith, do solemly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States..."

Works for me!
    SWEET. I do think for those that do volunteer, they find the experience very rewarding (easy...no, but as they say, the only easy day, was yesterday.)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast