Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27323334353637
Results 721 to 727 of 727
  1. #721  
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    So is Clinton to blame for 911? You actually don't have to answer that, but your logic is flawed.

    Regarding the horse judge, do you think that is the only job he had? Stop getting all your info from the blogs! I used to bag groceries when I was 16, but I have moved on. Brown was director last year during multiple storms. He previously was FEMA's Counsel - but you're right saying all he ever did prior was being a horse judge it just sounds better.

    Richard Clark -- the man Clinton appointed and junior initialy kept -- tried everything but lighting himself on fire in the oval office to get junior to focus on Bin Laden. (Problem was, they wouldn't let him into junior's oval office)

    The job that "Brownie" had before being hired by his college roommate, and junior's former campaign manager, was as a HORSE JUDGE.
    He was effectively fired from that job -- PRESSURED to resign.

    Read this post.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  2. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #722  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    the predicate to that statement is my BELIEF that the levee breach need not of happened in as catastrophic a fashion as it did.

    It goes back to the question I was attacked for asking on day 1:

    Was the levee breach unavoidable ???

    during the 12 hours AFTER the hurricane had passed FEMA was not monitoring the Levee. Could a prepared FEMA have rapidly reacted with helicopters and immediately started to block the breaches ??

    We can't know because FEMA did'nt even learn about the breaches until citizens started to write about rising water in their blogs !!!

    The levee's survivability was always the salient issue in this catastrophe from its inception -- to have not monitored the levee and been prepared WHEN it failed is INCOMPREHENSIBLE and UNFORGIVABLE
    At what point in time should have we put in a monitoring system for the miles and miles of levees? Is it only during a rebuplican administration? We can not just monitor levees in one city and leave other flood prone areas to fend for themselves can we? There are numerous cities protected by levees (especially along the Mississippi) and many have failed and flooded cities during democratic and republican adminstrations. The failure of levees is not new to this storm or to just the gulf coast cities it is catastrophic when it happens but it does happen. Man has tried to control nature and we lost this time.
  3. #723  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    At what point in time should have we put in a monitoring system for the miles and miles of levees? Is it only during a rebuplican administration? We can not just monitor levees in one city and leave other flood prone areas to fend for themselves can we? There are numerous cities protected by levees (especially along the Mississippi) and many have failed and flooded cities during democratic and republican adminstrations. The failure of levees is not new to this storm or to just the gulf coast cities it is catastrophic when it happens but it does happen. Man has tried to control nature and we lost this time.

    as SOON as conditions allowed helicopters to fly, they should have been circling the 300 miles of levee.

    police and National Guard on motorcycles, cars, on bicycles, and on foot should have been out even before the helicopters could fly.

    Several hundred people could have provided round the clock monitoring of that levee immediately AFTER the storm

    Why was this not done ??

    I hope everyone will stop looking for Clinton as an excuse --

    WHY WERE THE LEVEES NOT MONITORED ???

    They were always foreseen to be the great danger.

    FEMA has stated that it could not use helicopters to seal the breaches because they were being used to save people from the flooding that had occurred AFTER the breaches.

    Could the absent La. National Guard have played any role monitoring the levee ??

    This is a simple non-political question.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  4. cardio's Avatar
    Posts
    779 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #724  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    as SOON as conditions allowed helicopters to fly, they should have been circling the 300 miles of levee.

    police and National Guard on motorcycles, cars, on bicycles, and on foot should have been out even before the helicopters could fly.

    Several hundred people could have provided round the clock monitoring of that levee immediately AFTER the storm

    Why was this not done ??

    I hope everyone will stop looking for Clinton as an excuse --

    WHY WERE THE LEVEES NOT MONITORED ???

    They were always foreseen to be the great danger.

    FEMA has stated that it could not use helicopters to seal the breaches because they were being used to save people from the flooding that had occurred AFTER the breaches.

    Could the absent La. National Guard have played any role monitoring the levee ??

    This is a simple non-political question.
    Excellant question. Why did the city not have patrols checking the levee protecting their city? Why did the governor not use the engineering brigade at immediate disposal? Why do you continue to blame the federal gov't for local gov't lack of action?
  5. #725  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    Richard Clark -- the man Clinton appointed and junior initialy kept -- tried everything but lighting himself on fire in the oval office to get junior to focus on Bin Laden. (Problem was, they wouldn't let him into junior's oval office)
    Might prove to be an interesting read:

    Clinton’s Own CIA Director Blamed Clinton for 9/11

    The Clinton administration repeatedly failed to recognize the growing terrorist threat against the United States, even after the first bombing of the World Trade Center in 1993, and was regularly outsmarted by al-Qaida founder Osama bin Laden, a new book reveals.

    -----------

    So, unlike other books on the subject, his tome documents Clinton's failures from a unique, insider perspective.

    He says Clinton's regime was more concerned with economic and political security — staying in power — instead of national security.

    And it showed. From the first attack on the World Trade Center, to the millennium bomber of 1999, to the bombing of the USS Cole in Yemen in 2000, Clinton's policies contributed to the devastation and loss of life on 9/11.

    -------------

    Bossie’s book has won a major endorsement. Clinton’s own CIA director, R. James Woolsey, has praised it: "This book proves, once and for all, that the FBI and CIA's failures that led to 9/11 were caused directly by Bill Clinton himself."

    -----------

    During Clinton's two terms, terrorists associated with bin Laden:

    • Killed six Americans in the bombing of the World Trade Center in 1993.
    • Killed 19 in an attack on the Khobar Towers in Saudi Arabia, where U.S. military personnel were housed.
    • Killed 11 Americans and more than 200 other people in the bombing of two U.S. embassies in east Africa in 1998.
    • Killed 17 U.S. sailors and wounded 39 more in the bombing of the Cole as it was anchored in Yemen in 2000.


    ---------------

    While the media was quite willing to ask what warning George W. Bush or his administration received before the [9/11] attack, it is important to realize that plenty of warnings were given long before he ever took office," Bossie writes.

    He cites a Pentagon report called "Terror 2000" that was "prophetic" in warning of that hijackers could use an airliner as a missile against the Pentagon. The report also predicted the World Trade Center would be a terrorist target.

    Now for the kicker. The report, Bossie notes, was written in 1994, just two years into Clinton's eight-year stint in office.

    "Clinton wants everyone to believe the terrorism problem, the 9/11 attacks, were Bush's fault for not doing in eight months what Clinton refused to do in eight years," Bossie says.
    Again...Barye....it is looking at the whole picture withOUT the liberal rose colored glasses. Sure Bush had 8 months to take action, but he would have only been acting on Intel reports and the actions taken against the US during Clinton's Admin. You cannot fault Bush without also labelling Clinton, as in hind sight both had opportunities and did not act on them.
  6.    #726  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    Richard Clark -- the man Clinton appointed and junior initialy kept -- tried everything but lighting himself on fire in the oval office to get junior to focus on Bin Laden. (Problem was, they wouldn't let him into junior's oval office)
    And Clinton wouldn't meet with the head of the CIA when he was in office.

    Richard Clarke has provided claims, but little proof. His book for profit, "Against All Enemies: Inside America's War on Terror" has been riddled with inconsistencies and statements of Monday morning quarterbacking. linky

    Able Danger, found proof - but the bureucratic bs stopped them from going forward with it.


    The job that "Brownie" had before being hired by his college roommate, and junior's former campaign manager, was as a HORSE JUDGE.
    He was effectively fired from that job -- PRESSURED to resign.

    Read this post.
    I read the link and so what. So he got a job opportunity because of a friend. That is actually how I started my career - a friend got me an interview. So the organization he represented had a lot of legal battles. So what. Looking for facts here Barry - not sure what this link does for your argument.
  7.    #727  
    If you're like me - long posts like the one just posted suk. So what it says is Cindy "gimme more than 15 minutes" Sheehan has set up shop right outside New Orleans 'to help out'. She wants to share her greiving with New Orleans. Pathetic.
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27323334353637

Posting Permissions