Hey Baby...wassup??
    Dropped in to say Hi!
    We certainly could use your insight in a few of these threads
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    We certainly could use your insight in a few of these threads
    Yes, these threads are ever so PC.
  6.    #706  
    Cindy should follow the Prez to NO tomorrow. It would be another good photo-op.
    What...him in a Blackhawk and her in a rubber raft??
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  8.    #708  
    Who is Cindy Sheehan again? That was so 15 minutes ago!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    What...him in a Blackhawk and her in a rubber raft??
    I hear Sean Penn has a row boat in the area. The picture would have both of them with a red plastic cup bailing the water out.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    I hear Sean Penn has a row boat in the area.
    Wouldn't doubt it he was there with Cindy as both of them are politically financed by the same people.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Wouldn't doubt it he was there with Cindy as both of them are politically financed by the same people.

one can only hope that someday you all can make a similar connection between the lies, the incompetence, and the salience of political advantage over anything else seen during Katrina -- and the same pattern of lies incompetence and political advantage over all else, in Iraq.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    I posted both financial backings for both sides of Cindy situation in post #692 . I have voiced my concerns about the response time frame over Katrina starting with the Local Gov first and foremost, in that thread. And have recognized concerns, challenges, and successes with Iraq.

Barye....anything to take a dig at Bush. I also bet now you are going to blame the storm on Bush as well....all part of his evil Right wing wacko conspiracy to take control of the weather to rule the world through his ever dubious plan that is the cause of global warming, which is the key to causing this storm to hit our oil centers for the country to raise the price of oil for all of his buddies in the oil business so he can get a kick back and use that money to further his plan to plunder the innocent Iraqi citizens and steal their oil as well through his lies, deceptions, predetermined acts.....all under disguise from the Iraqi people who are now faced with the ever pending evil of a chance for democracy.....all this just because he is Bush.

I do not though throw everything into one pile with the Midas (er...Bush) touch where if Bush has touched it, it has to be bad with no wavering doubt because I feel such open, hostile, and unbridled hatred towards Bush. I do not do the opposite either, as I have posted many concerns and criticisms against Bush.

I have strong opinions AGAINST Clinton, but I still recognize good things that he has done and good things he was able to achieve.
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 09/06/2005 at 02:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Barye...I posted both financial backings for both sides of Cindy situation in post #692 . I have voiced my concerns about the response time frame over Katrina starting with the Local Gov first and foremost, in that thread. And have recognized concerns, challenges, and successes with Iraq.

Barye....anything to take a dig at Bush. I also bet now you are going to blame the storm on Bush as well....all part of his evil Right wing wacko conspiracy to take control of the weather to rule the world through his ever dubious plan that is the cause of global warming, which is the key to causing this storm to hit our oil centers for the country to raise the price of oil for all of his buddies in the oil business so he can get a kick back and use that money to further his plan to plunder the innocent Iraqi citizens and steal their oil as well through his lies, deceptions, predetermined acts.....all under disguise from the Iraqi people who are now faced with the ever pending evil of a chance for democracy.....all this just because he is Bush...
    I'm not asking for anything more than for a pattern to be seen --

For the right to see how a lazy incompetent uninformed man was blindsided by 911, how he was suprised that all his grand theories about Iraq were lies, and about how his vaunted billion dollar DHS creation -- run by his political cronies -- botched that which it was created to manage.

The New Orleans disaster will cost probably the lives of more americans than were lost in 9-11 and Iraq. Most probably could have been prevented.

The right will figure out a way to absolve junior of responsibility while first blaming the victims (if not first smearing them like in the case of Cindy Sheehan and Ambassador Wilson)...
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE

For the right to see how a lazy incompetent uninformed man was blindsided by 911, how he was suprised that all his grand theories about Iraq were lies, and about how his vaunted billion dollar DHS creation -- run by his political cronies -- botched that which it was created to manage.

The New Orleans disaster will cost probably the lives of more americans than were lost in 9-11 and Iraq. Most probably could have been prevented.

The right will figure out a way to absolve junior of responsibility while first blaming the victims (if not first smearing them like in the case of Cindy Sheehan and Ambassador Wilson)...
    How could the deaths been prevented by anyone in the federal gov't? Are you impying that the federal gov't take control everytime they think they can do a better job? Should the president send in federal troops and evacuate people by force for every predicted storm and in every area the storm may strike. I hope this country never gets to that point. There are still people that refuse to evacuate, should we take them out by force? I try to apply reason to most of your post but I have to call Bullsh*t on the statement that most deaths could have been prevented.
  15.    #715  

How is he lazy?
    How is he incompetent?
    Weren't we all blindsided, including past administrations regarding 911?
    Wasn't the world convinced about Iraq and wmd's?
    DHS...is this the same 'botched' group that hasn't allowed a single terrorist attack since September 11, 2001?
    How could lives have been saved if the people's mayor and governor had no plan? Well they had a plan, but didn't act on the plan.
    President Bush needs not be absolved from anything - the blame is squarely on local and state gov't. They sat on their hands.
  16.    #716  
    How could the deaths been prevented by anyone in the federal gov't?
    I think the issue with Barry and many liberals, is he feels the goverment should coddle him, take care of him, give him money, give him shelter, protect me, me, me, me, gimme, gimme, gimme. He is old school of liberalism. Tax everyone by promising the world - so they can keep their vote. Give out welfare, not a plan on how to get out in the workforce. Regarding the storm, when a democratic city and state failed in protecting their citizens, they lashed out with a common them, me, me, me. There's room for federal govt in this disaster, but as a safety net, not a 'go to' organization. Bigger federal govt to watch over us. How can libs want this, but support ACLU in cracking down on security checks?

edit: It's obvious the amount of damage, the Natl Guard on a national scale is needed for clean up. But what should not have happened is loss of life. The City and State is to blame. They are responsible for assisting in evacuations. Not George Bush.
    How could the deaths been prevented by anyone in the federal gov't? Are you impying that the federal gov't take control everytime they think they can do a better job? Should the president send in federal troops and evacuate people by force for every predicted storm and in every area the storm may strike. I hope this country never gets to that point. There are still people that refuse to evacuate, should we take them out by force? I try to apply reason to most of your post but I have to call Bullsh*t on the statement that most deaths could have been prevented.

the predicate to that statement is my BELIEF that the levee breach need not of happened in as catastrophic a fashion as it did.

It goes back to the question I was attacked for asking on day 1:

Was the levee breach unavoidable ???

during the 12 hours AFTER the hurricane had passed FEMA was not monitoring the Levee. Could a prepared FEMA have rapidly reacted with helicopters and immediately started to block the breaches ??

We can't know because FEMA did'nt even learn about the breaches until citizens started to write about rising water in their blogs !!!

The levee's survivability was always the salient issue in this catastrophe from its inception -- to have not monitored the levee and been prepared WHEN it failed is INCOMPREHENSIBLE and UNFORGIVABLE
  18.    #718  
    the predicate to that statement is my BELIEF that the levee breach need not of happened in as catastrophic a fashion as it did.

It goes back to the question I was attacked for asking on day 1:

Was the levee breach unavoidable ???

during the 12 hours AFTER the hurricane had passed FEMA was not monitoring the Levee. Could a prepared FEMA have rapidly reacted with helicopters and immediately started to block the breaches ??

We can't know because FEMA did'nt even learn about the breaches until citizens started to write about rising water in their blogs !!!

The levee's survivability was always the salient issue in this catastrophe from its inception -- to have not monitored it and been prepared WHEN it failed is INCOMPREHENSIBLE and UNFORGIVABLE
    So is FEMA to blame the levee broke or George Bush? Or both?
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    So is FEMA to blame the levee broke or George Bush? Or both?
    junior is responsible for anything that he or those he appoints do or do not do.

If you think its ok that he appointed a failed horse judge to what junior had described as the most important agency to protect us in "our war on terror" perhaps you'd better not judge horses either ...
  20.    #720  
    junior is responsible for anything that he or those he appoints do or do not do.

If you think its ok that he appointed a failed horse judge to what junior had described as the most important agency to protect us in "our war on terror" perhaps you'd better not judge horses either ...
    So is Clinton to blame for 911? You actually don't have to answer that, but your logic is flawed.

Regarding the horse judge, do you think that is the only job he had? Stop getting all your info from the blogs! I used to bag groceries when I was 16, but I have moved on. Brown was director last year during multiple storms. He previously was FEMA's Counsel - but you're right saying all he ever did prior was being a horse judge it just sounds better.