Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 24293031323334353637 LastLast
    Well, The Rev. Al seems to be joining the grieving mom.

What other Liberal icons will join her in her "unpolitically motivated" protest.

(Do you think Tawana will come?)
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    You can be sure that any D that will be taking a serious shot in '08 will distance themselves from Cindylou
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    If I go I'll shoot video --

but I wish knew of a free video hoster other than zippy or Putfile -- their file size limits are pretty limited ...
    No need to wait for barye...Video Here
    Is Luke a dude or a chick??

And, are protestors in general products of inbreeding, or just these?

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    And what is wrong with inbreeding?

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Quote Originally Posted by TheLiveSoundGuy

I see a new avatar!!

Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion

And, are protestors in general products of inbreeding, or just these?
    It looks like Sheehanigans going to take a bus trip to DC, guess they will have a family reunion while they are there. Who knows some may find a spouse amongst the family.
    I see a new avatar!!
    that was picture so five years ago ...

I know the suspense is KILLING all of you --

but when I had time, about 4:30 this afternoon, nothing was happening at Walter Reed.

I'll try to find out if code pink is demonstrating there -- and if so, when
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLiveSoundGuy
    They have pets too!

Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Poor, poor Fido
    ...I know the suspense is KILLING all of you --

but when I had time, about 4:30 this afternoon, nothing was happening at Walter Reed.

I'll try to find out if code pink is demonstrating there -- and if so, when
    You must be the only guy in DC that doesnt know anything about the protests.
    Friday, August 26, 2005 Last updated 12:19 a.m. PT

Sheehan protest aids Crawford Peace House

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

DOWN AND OUT: The Crawford Peace House had $3 in the bank and no phone service before it became the headquarters for Cindy Sheehan's war protest this month.

SUDDEN BOOST: Now the house that was established as a place for activists to gather in Bush's adopted hometown has received more than $150,000 in donations.

UNHAPPY NEIGHBORS: Many of Crawford's 700 residents view the Peace House as a nuisance and harmful to the town's image.
  13.    #673  
    Is his name Luke or Elmer Fudd?

Sounded just like him.
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    You must be the only guy in DC that doesnt know anything about the protests.

nobody tells me anything ...
    nobody tells me anything ...
    Which is the closest that side will come to admitting they know nothing!

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

I dont think I understand??
    Schultz!!!! You're dating yourself on the Hogan's reference.

(Love the show!)
    Recognizing that I volunteered...
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Base consoldation has proven to be cost effective time and time again, I used to argue the same point until I saw the data. Walter Reed is a large complex, however many parts are mothballed (closed down but still maintained to include climate controlled) as well as areas at Bethesda and Andrews Air Force Base. To relocate/consolodate the services provided would not require everything to built again from scratch. Yes, some of your neighbors will be affected, however we the taxpayers should not be expected to keep someone employed if they are providing a duplication of services that can be easily consolodated. I spent 5 years in the DC area (Andrews Air Force base, Wlater Reed and Bethesda) and since all 3 facilities provide essentially the same service the patients would "beltway shop" for an appointment that suited their conveniance. The same thing is happening in the San Antonio area because of multiple military medical centers providing duplication of services. I have heard how big govt is a bad thing from lots of people, until it impacts their district or neighborhood.

Cardio I've always favored closing unneeded, surplus facilities.

And if communities are aggressive and creative in responding to closings, for most places its been in the long run, an opportunity.

My community (which is not really Washington DC, but the 10-15 blocks around Walter Reed) will be fine I'm sure -- though inevitably they'll be a period of adjustment and relocation, and some are going to suffer.

Bases should be closed when they are unneeded. But expenses and savings need to be honestly calculated.

You've probably seen this NY Times report on base closings -- and how the way that savings is calculated is wildly exaggerated.

"federal investigators...concluded that nearly half of the Pentagon's projected savings came from cuts in military jobs that, in many cases, would simply be reassigned to other installations."

The Pentagon can't be allowed to book a 10 yr. projected saving of a billion dollars in salaries etc. -- when those jobs are still going to be performed but at another location. Plus the expense of base cleanups, and the new construction inevitably required at the new relocated sites must be included.

Unfortunately politics continues to play a warping role in the process.

How else to explain not deactivating the "Thune" B-1 base in S. Dakota.

A flying turkey, The B-1 should never have been built for a mission that never existed.

The mission for which that base has now been saved, the true reason it wasn't closed -- is to protect the senate career of repugnican John Thune -- who would most certainly have lost his Senate seat if S. Dakota had lost its second largest employer.

That base and that plane, should have been shutdown.

I have lots of other ideas for defense program budget cuts Id advocate but perhaps that deserves its own thread...

(BTW, I'm still baffled how moving a place that provides what everyone agrees is already the world's best care for injured and maimed soldiers, will be a benefit to them. Where they are now is a campus dedicated their care - no matter how much is spent on constructing new buildings in Bethesda, it wont be the same.)
    Last edited by BARYE; 08/27/2005 at 01:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanDad
    Schultz!!!! You're dating yourself on the Hogan's reference.

(Love the show!)

perhaps clairegrrl knows the film Auto Focus -- the story of Hogan's life when he wasn't with Schultz hearing "I know nothing, I know nothing !!!"
    (Do you think Tawana will come?)
    she's still covered in poo --

And they still haven't found out who did it.

Does anyone here know anyone who throws pooo ???

In upstate NY there's a cold case that needs solving !!

(Insertion I assume you probably understand my snarky counter reference, if you don't I'll link out of it)