Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2328293031323334353637 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    She just constantly harrases me, every interaction is that way. It is hard to smile. but I put one in.
    I've gotten worse...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    She just constantly harrases me, every interaction is that way. It is hard to smile. but I put one in.
    Please...I mean enuff with the crocodile tears
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Good, cause I'm just a student, but if you are getting paid by the VA, and spend all this tine on the net....well.
    OK, I will make an attempt to be nice CG. I set my own time except when I am at the VA then I am in clinic. But I spend most of my time doing research and writing grants and papers on the computer. I am a 7 to 7 person and often work on Saturdays too. Putting a comment in a moment here or there on TC while I am writing can be a welcome distraction. I do not spend hours hovering on the forum. Right now I have a little free time, usually I dont. So lighten up OK
    OK, I will make an attempt to be nice CG. I set my own time, when I am at the VA I am in clinic. But I spend most of my time doing research and writing grants and papers on the computer. I am a 7 to 7 person and often work on Saturdays too. Putting a comment in a moment here or there on TC while I am writing can be a welcome distraction. I do not spend hours hovering on the forum. Right now I have a little free time, usually I dont. So lighten up OK.
    Sure Dude...sheesh
    Sheehan Calls bin Laden alleged Terrorist

Cindy Sheehan just finished her morning media event. When asked by reporters, Sheehan said she believes that while she supports the continued hunt for Osama bin Laden she believes the U.S. should withdraw from Afghanistan and “stop bombing innocent people.” She also described Osama bin Laden as being “allegedly” behind the attacks of 9/11

Details
    Sure Dude...sheesh
    CG maybe you do mean well but I am just too dumb to realize it. Sorry to be a pain in the arse.
    CG maybe you do mean well but I am just too dumb to realize it. Sorry to be a pain in the arse.
    Whatever. Maybe you need to take a pill, or stop working 7-7 or drink decaf. Today, you made a comment about your 10 year experience with the VA. In the past, you never mentioned that, just that you were at Stanford and you knew Condi. See why I might wonder?
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Yes the VA needs funding, agreed upon by all I think. The politics are not the issue except that politics prevent the approved funding.

Yes, I wish all parties would stop using the troops as political fodder, but that is just wishfull thinking. Disagreeing with the president and protesting at the front gate of a military medical center with "maimed for a lie" are different. Sheehanigans protest, in my opinon, has gone over the top, she is pushing a political objetive, if not drop the Israel rants etc.

took a bike ride through Walter Reed tonight -- there was NO demonstrations there -- by Code Pink or anyone else.

And because of today's announcement of its closing, there were lots of News trucks and cameras around. (would have thought that there'd be a demonstration today, if ever).

Mostly local station crews, with some national was well -- and nobody that I asked had ever seen Code Pink there. The m16 carrying frontgate guard hadn't either.

Doesn't mean that they haven't ever been there, or aren't ever there -- but I'd be skeptical of those "reports".

As I inferred in my earier post, Code Pink is a group of earnest caring people -- primarily women, most of whom are probably mothers -- who sincerely want the best for these soldiers. Its highly unlikely that they would hold a demonstration that further makes these soliers feel like victims or are in ANY way responsible for the terror they've had to experience.

Though its 5 minutes away, I've only been onto Walter Reed a couple of times before. (ostensibly you need a reason to be allowed through the gates, but they don't seem too strict if they let me bike in). Its a huge sprawling and beautiful oasis -- many building and facilities. Hard to see how moving and recreating it all in Betheda would save money -- everything would need to be built from scratch again.

(Closing it will at least in the short term, have hurtful effects on my working and middle class neighbors and neighborhood. I've read rcently that base closing/consoladation paradoxically often costs more money than is saved.)
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    took a bike ride through Walter Reed tonight -- there was NO demonstrations there -- by Code Pink or anyone else.

And because of today's announcement of its closing, there were lots of News trucks and cameras around. (would have thought that there'd be a demonstration today, if ever).

Mostly local station crews, with some national was well -- and nobody that I asked had ever seen Code Pink there. The m16 carrying frontgate guard hadn't either.

Doesn't mean that they haven't ever been there, or aren't ever there -- but I'd be skeptical of those "reports".

As I inferred in my earier post, Code Pink is a group of earnest caring people -- primarily women, most of whom are probably mothers -- who sincerely want the best for these soldiers. Its highly unlikely that they would hold a demonstration that further makes these soliers feel like victims or are in ANY way responsible for the terror they've had to experience.

Though its 5 minutes away, I've only been onto Walter Reed a couple of times before. (ostensibly you need a reason to be allowed through the gates, but they don't seem too strict if they let me bike in). Its a huge sprawling and beautiful oasis -- many building and facilities. Hard to see how moving and recreating it all in Betheda would save money -- everything would need to be built from scratch again.

(Closing it will at least in the short term, have hurtful effects on my working and middle class neighbors and neighborhood. I've read rcently that base closing/consoladation paradoxically often costs more money than is saved.)

They protest on Friday nights. Some Freepers I know counter protest them.

How do you think those soldiers feel when they see people holding signs, "Maimed for a Lie"?
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    They protest on Friday nights. Some Freepers I know counter protest them.

How do you think those soldiers feel when they see people holding signs, "Maimed for a Lie"?

If I have time I'll try to go there again tomorrow --

And should I see signs that are inappropriate and offensive, I'll report what I see ...
    Washington (CNSNews.com) - The Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, D.C., the current home of hundreds of wounded veterans from the war in Iraq, has been the target of weekly anti-war demonstrations since March. The protesters hold signs that read "Maimed for Lies" and "Enlist here and die for Halliburton."

The anti-war demonstrators, who obtain their protest permits from the Washington, D.C., police department, position themselves directly in front of the main entrance to the Army Medical Center, which is located in northwest D.C., about five miles from the White House.

Details
    If I have time I'll try to go there again tomorrow --

And should I see signs that are inappropriate and offensive, I'll report what I see ...
    Take pictures, crappy Treo camera and all!!

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    maybe I'll go up there and video them for you all -- if any one can link me to a free video hoster that allows decent file size ...
    Can you use your treo to take movie clips? That way they might stay small enough to upload a couple small clips.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Can you use your treo to take movie clips? That way they might stay small enough to upload a couple small clips.

If I go I'll shoot video --

but I wish knew of a free video hoster other than zippy or Putfile -- their file size limits are pretty limited ...
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Please post that question in the appropriate forum
    Please post that question in the appropriate forum

n00bz

What can ya say. I mean they let just about anybody in here
  19.    #659  
    Coming back from the Jax Jag game & got rear ended - so that sux.

Barry remember to do a shout out for me 'F U' to those ungrateful bastards protesting. thanks
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts

Base consoldation has proven to be cost effective time and time again, I used to argue the same point until I saw the data. Walter Reed is a large complex, however many parts are mothballed (closed down but still maintained to include climate controlled) as well as areas at Bethesda and Andrews Air Force Base. To relocate/consolodate the services provided would not require everything to built again from scratch. Yes, some of your neighbors will be affected, however we the taxpayers should not be expected to keep someone employed if they are providing a duplication of services that can be easily consolodated. I spent 5 years in the DC area (Andrews Air Force base, Wlater Reed and Bethesda) and since all 3 facilities provide essentially the same service the patients would "beltway shop" for an appointment that suited their conveniance. The same thing is happening in the San Antonio area because of multiple military medical centers providing duplication of services. I have heard how big govt is a bad thing from lots of people, until it impacts their district or neighborhood.