Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 212627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1.    #601  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    depends on what you are protesting

I would say it would be great to protest for greater recognition of our vets after they come back from whatever wars we put them through, good or bad. And better funding of the VA that would be a good idea too.

If anything good comes from this situation, those things would be good ones.

but I am afraid both anti-war and pro-war agendas do not have time for these things.
    I don't think any good can come out of protesting outside a hospital.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Code Pink is commie, bla bla bla. The pot is calling the kettle black. The right is spinning the situation just as much as they can, just like the left.

What gets lost are these heroic veterans, they get swept under the rug, because they are not good PRPRPR $for$ $Bush$ $supporters$, $and$ $then$ $they$ $get$ $lost$ $in$ $an$ $underfunded$ $VA$ $system$. $Our$ $vets$ $deserve$ $so$ $much$ $more$ $than$ $we$ $give$ $them$.
    Right, Left, Center don't care. Why does Code Pink feel the need to push their agenda to wounded soldiers? And, yes, if a co-founder has expressed her support of communist then my guess would be that the organization leans in that direction. If you care to research you will find the VA has been underfunded for many, many years regardless of who is in the White House, so don't blame one admisistration and not all.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    depends on what you are protesting

I would say it would be great to protest in front of them for greater recognition of our vets after they come back from whatever wars we put them through, good or bad. And better funding of the VA that would be a good idea too.

If anything good comes from this situation, those things would be good ones.

but I am afraid both anti-war and pro-war agendas do not have time for these things.
    Well, yeah IF they were attempting to do something to help, but their actions say otherwise. I did not read one thing that shows support for the troops, Maimed for a lie?, caskets lined the street to remind them of their fallen freinds?.
  4.    #604  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Well, yeah IF they were attempting to do something to help, but their actions say otherwise. I did not read one thing that shows support for the troops, Maimed for a lie?, caskets lined the street to remind them of their fallen freinds?.
    That word lie is so reoccuring. How did Bush lie? If the answer is he went to war cause he said there were wmd's, that wasn't a lie. He responded with the data given to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    I don't think any good can come out of protesting outside a hospital.
    Yeah right, maybe not you, but I know a lot of those crying about it now would be singing a different song if stem cell protestors were marching outside of a hospital instead of anti-war protesters.
    Yeah right, maybe not you, but I know a lot of those crying about it now would be singing a different song if stem cell protestors were marching outside of a hospital instead of anti-war protesters.
    Kinda different IMO. Stem cells rarely get offended.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I am trying to picture what their signs would read.
    That damn Bush sent my stem cell off to die!!!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Excellent point, Cellmatrix, but not the one you thought. For years we've seen anti-aboriton protestors portrayed as wild-eyed crazies an inch away from violence. Why aren't we seeing these anti-war on terror protestors screaming at the troops outside of Walter Reed on CBS?
  10.    #610  
    Really?
  11.    #611  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    Excellent point, Cellmatrix, but not the one you thought. For years we've seen anti-aboriton protestors portrayed as wild-eyed crazies an inch away from violence. Why aren't we seeing these anti-war on terror protestors screaming at the troops outside of Walter Reed on CBS?
    The protesters need to come out and state they are against the soldiers too. It's not just protesting Bush's policies, it's they loathe, hate our soldiers who have a differing viewpoint than there own. They will never admit it since that would ruin their publicity.
    Because, the Right are crazed. The Left are "in the know."
    Last edited by Insertion; 08/25/2005 at 12:58 PM. Reason: removed "enlightened" so as not to sound religious, thus making the Lefties piss their pants.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  13.    #613  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Because, the Right are crazed. The Left are "enlightened."
    "Enlightened" sounds to religious. And since the left is scared of religion, I'd rather call it..."in the know".
    "Enlightened" sounds to religious. And since the left is scared of religion, I'd rather call it..."in the know".
    Perhaps you are right. But, "enlightenment" often brings up visions of Hindu's or Bhuddists. Since these aren't Christians, I'm sure it's tolerated by the Left.

I have edited the aforementioned post.

weird-- just got off the phone with my councilman's office -- after our talk about the reason I called, he mentioned having to get back to a meeting on the Walter Reed closing, announced today. (I'm blocks from there)

I've met Medea Benjamin a couple of times at demostrations before the war began -- incredibly passionate and compassionate woman.

I've not seen those protests at Walter Reed -- maybe I'll go up there and video them for you all -- if any one can link me to a free video hoster that allows decent file size ...
    Last edited by BARYE; 08/25/2005 at 01:19 PM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  16.    #616  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I have edited the aforementioned post.
    That was the right decision. It is what Colin would have wanted.
  17.    #617  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    weird-- just got off the phone with my councilman's office -- after our talk about the reason I called, he mentioned having to get back to a meeting on the Walter Reed closing, announced today. (I'm blocks from there)

I've met Medea Benjamin a couple of times at demostrations before the war began -- incredibly passionate and compassionate woman.

I've not seen those protests Walter Reed -- maybe I'll go up there and video them for you all -- if any one can link me to a free video hoster that allows decent file size ...
    If you go up there will you scream out "F*** YOU!"? You can tell them it was from me.
    If you go up there will you scream out "F*** YOU!"? You can tell them it was from me.

how is "F***" pronounced ??
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    how is "F***" pronounced ??
    The phrase would be "Fuh Cue."

Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    If you care to research you will find the VA has been underfunded for many, many years regardless of who is in the White House, so don't blame one admisistration and not all.
    Don't need to research, I see the actual budgets. This year and the next two to three projected years will be the worst I have seen it in the ten years I have been working at the VA.

Gratitude for the people who are heroically dying and being permanently disabled to enact the policies you support means funding to adequately help them with the health disabilities they incurred, not looking the other way and saying what about Clinton?