Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    I feel for her losing her son and at the same time I think her son would be so embarrassed. I watched her interviewed and she keeps asking "I want to know why President Bush killed my son?". Thank God there is only a few of her embarrassing themselves. Now it comes out that she has met with Bush over a year ago and praised him!
    Cant believe all the people dissin on a woman who lost her soldier son.. Instead of supporting the war by signing up, you losers are on a treo message board here ripping apart the words of a mourning woman in a very emotional state.

2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    Cant believe all the people dissin on a woman who lost her soldier son.. Instead of supporting the war by signing up, you losers are on a treo message board here ripping apart the words of a mourning woman in a very emotional state.

Read whole thread, not ripping lady. Nice try troll.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Just call him a pitbull and let's get it on
    Pitbulls are honest.

I've seen enough people attacking straw men, and I'm tired of it.

Now, when he criticizes another's comments, you're on notice of his tendency to base his attack on something the other person didn't say.
    Last edited by jstpa; 08/08/2005 at 11:06 PM.
    He's no troll and he has a point.

And I love that ribbon design!
    I feel for her losing her son and at the same time I think her son would be so embarrassed. I watched her interviewed and she keeps asking "I want to know why President Bush killed my son?". Thank God there is only a few of her embarrassing themselves. Now it comes out that she has met with Bush over a year ago and praised him!
    Advance: I have read the whole thread (so don't call me a troll ).

I think its only natural for someone to grieve after losing them. I also think that she is not unique in her feelings about the war (and the apparent conflict for her.)

You sign on the dotted line at the MEPS station knowing that you may be put in harms way. You do so willingly and with great pride. No greater sacrifice can a person make than to lay their life down for another. I would like to believe that if I had died in conflict that I would have done so for the 'right' reasons (Im not saying that he didnt but I have my own opinion-as do all of you)

What is truly sad (IMO) is that this is being publicized and attacked by both sides of the isle.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by jstpa
    I've seen enough people attacking straw men, and I'm tired of it...
    and I mean it....
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    I live blocks from Walter Reed. (where injured soldiers heal.)

Sometimes at the local Safeway (ironic name) returned soldiers are there, with a nurse or a friend, their scarred broken bodies in an exo-skeleton of pins as they attempt to mend them back together.

Involuntarily I find myself overcome with pangs of guilt and nausea, unable to look, walking a little faster to another aisle.

I see them and I think that I am responsible for what happened to that man.

We didn’t vote in enough numbers. In Florida we weren’t smart enough to vote on the proper lines, to use enough force to puncture chads. We enabled them to put up obstacles that prevented legally entitled black voters from being able to vote, we allowed them to bully us in the recounts there, we let them count absentee votes that were post marked after election day.

The truth was they wanted power much more than Gore –- and felt preordained by god to grab it. And they came to power absolutely determined to dispose of Saddam.

Many of the Senate 77 no doubt persuaded themselves that junior was telling the truth when he promised that the "war vote" was only to get Saddam to cooperate. That he'd do everything possible to avoid a war.

Others genuinely bought into the “fixed” intelligence. They wanted to trust their commander in chief – they wanted to believe that no one could lie about something so incredibly important.

Though junior announced his demand that iraq disarm, he didn’t want to let the UN investigate whether it even had WMD. When despite junior's objections the UN went in, performed an intensive search, and found nothing – he declared that Saddam had misled the UN, and that an invasion could not wait.

This war was invented by people blinded by an arrogant but naive ideology. This war was contrived by men unlearned in history but confident within their ignorance. Strutting around with his phoney Texas swagger, their leader knew better than all the pointed headed liberal intellectuals -– or even daddy's friends, who told him otherwise.

That's why trusting patriotic young people are being wheeled around my local supermarket.

That's why that poor woman mourns outside the ranch of our vacationing POTUS.

(BTW – I ’ve been off the computer for awhile, just got back from Engadget’s DC meetup)
    Last edited by BARYE; 08/08/2005 at 11:43 PM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Quote Originally Posted by chillig35
    many folks who signed up for the National Guard were told (pre-war) that they would be only deployed only for homeland security, and would not be sent of the country.
    I was never told that....when I joined I was told that under times of war, the president is my commander-in-chief and in times of peacetime, it was the Governer. Seems to make sense that if we went to war and the president needed combat engineers, then I was going over.

These folks were either lied to or made BAD assumptions.
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    He's no troll and he has a point.
    He is a troll, he adds nothing to a thread and says a group of people that don't have his opinion are losers. Classic trollism. Trollbar is a troll.
    The first post was all I needed to read.

He is a troll, he adds nothing to a thread and says a group of people that don't have his opinion are losers. Classic trollism. Trollbar is a troll.
    Dude dont even effing start -- your post #1 was a troll.

Trollbar?!? Like this??

MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    now I'm thirsty.

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

1. Grieving mothers and fathers have a right to grieve their loss. When they do so publically to hype an ideological agenda....shame on them. When the press hypes those stories because it fits their ideological agenda and is drama filled....shame on them.
    2. Every western country's intelligence came to the same conclusion we did (yes, even France!). Saddam is gone and his machine is being dismantled. Tears shed? I don't think so.
    3. Liberals love to pontificate while offerring no hint of alternatives or strategies other than letting the corrupt U.N. "solve" things. You remember them, no? Sure you do, their the ones that have Syria, Libya, and other tyranical dictatorships runninng the U.N. Human Right Commission. Their the ones who stood idly by and watched 800,000 Tutsi Africans slaughtered with machetes in less than 100 days. Yeah, they got their crap wired all right.
    4. The first and foremost job of every elected official is to keep America safe. Everything else is way down the list. Can we make errors, sure. But if errors are going to be made, error on the side of America. Woot to GW and any elected official who figured that out - Democrat or Republican.

5. God Bless the Marines and the United States of America!!

"Not so lean, not so mean, but still a Marine." 1980-1985
    Quote Originally Posted by jstpa
    Pitbulls are honest.

I've seen enough people attacking straw men, and I'm tired of it.

Now, when he criticizes another's comments, you're on notice of his tendency to base his attack on something the other person didn't say.
    How was I being dishonest? Because I didn't feel the need to do a line-by-line retort of the same old liberal conspiracy theories? Give me a break. I let some BARYE's points slide because

A) they had nothing to do with the topic
    B) I'm tired of hearing the same "conservative agenda" crap over and over again and didn't feel like turning it into a side debate.

And let's get this straight as well, never once did I attack anyone, and I didn't bother to respond to those points until you and daThomas acted like a couple of hyenas and needed to get straightened out.

I'm pretty sure BARYE doesn't need you defending his points of view, not to mention that your entire post doesn't even make sense. You're "tired of it"? Then do something about it.
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    I'm pretty sure BARYE doesn't need you defending his points of view, not to mention that your entire post doesn't even make sense. You're "tired of it"? Then do something about it.
    Fooll!!
    If jmill so smart, why not just tell jstpa where to stick?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Leave my pal joebear alone. He's not a Troll..he's not a troll..
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Fooll!!
    Jeez, almost 6K already. I gotta move my date up!

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Fooll!!
    Ha!

The words were there, believe me.

But I don't want to take the time to draw him a map.
    I'm back!
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    You attacked. You quoted BARYE and attacked an imaginary point. It's that simple.

If you didn't want to address his points, you shouldn't quote his post. Do your own post and let your arguments stand on their own.

You pulled the same stunt again when you said I defended BARYE's point of view. I said nothing about his point of view.

As to the map, you couldn't draw a map with tracing paper.
Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast