Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 172223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
  1. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever

And, for the record, I think you're lying through your elitist teeth about knowing anyone in the military.
    I'll bet you do. Yet some more talking points.
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    I'll bet you do. Yet some more talking points.
    Why would that be talking points?

And for the record, will someone PM me these talking points, cuz I'm feeling left out for never getting any.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Why would that be talking points?
    Him calling me an elitist is a talking point, "The people on the left are elitist" is a talking point.

Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    And for the record, will someone PM me these talking points, cuz I'm feeling left out for never getting any.
    Just listen to the news cycles and the talk radio shows and you should be able to compile your own list of update talking points.
    Insertion,

The fact that the Democrats, who long dominated politics in this country, have been relegated to minority status is a "talking point".

The fact that the same people that bemoan our "lack of understanding" about our Islamic enemies don't understand that their use of the war as as political weapon encourages the Jihadis is a "talking point".

It's easy to play the talking points game. Anything that comes from the DNC and is parroted by the MSM is absolute reality. Anything else is right wing propaganda.

The fact that the right has round a voice and is fighting back successfully just drives the left nuts. They're having to compete, and they've been losing for some time.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    Your condescending hypocrisy amuses, and is the major reason why your party finds itself in the minority.
    Aren't the people who say the war in Iraq wasn't a good idea in the majority, also in the US?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Him calling me an elitist is a talking point, "The people on the left are elitist" is a talking point.

Just listen to the news cycles and the talk radio shows and you should be able to compile your own list of update talking points.
    Anyone who says he's more qualified to discuss something beecause he "owns a magazine and two imaging clinics" is an elitist in my book, regardless of which side he is on. And dont deny you said it.

In case you forgot. http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=152
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Anyone who says he's more qualified to discuss something beecause he "owns a magazine and two imaging clinics" is an elitist in my book, regardless of which side he is on. And dont deny you said it.

In case you forgot. http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=152
    I read magazines and have a camera
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  8.    #528  
    It's official. I no longer have any sympathy for this media *****. She now refers to terrorists as 'freedom fighters'.
  9.    #529  
    Woof,
    That thread question is what do you do for a living. Well NRG stated what he did. How is that elitist?
    Her "gold star" status does not immunize her from the consequences of her actions. I have as much right to voice my opinion as any terrorist lover. She absolutly does not deserve my sympathy. She does not deserve yours. You do not have to look hard to find her real agenda. She is a tool of the Michael Moores, and the terrorist backers of the world. She has clearly expressed where she stands on Israel, and her rabid antisemitism and pro-radical stand has been well illuminated.

Her blame America first stance is not hidden. She is with the enemy.
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    I read magazines and have a camera
    Elitist snob.

I guess it depends on which magazines and which camera.

Your Treo camera doesn't count. That doesn't make you elitist.
    I'm back!
    NRG, which magazine do you own?
    I'm back!
    Her blame America first stance is not hidden. She is with the enemy.
    Sleeping with the enemy?

On a serious note, she has taken this far past her fallen son's memory, and turned his death into a complete farce. She really should be ashamed of herself to be blasting our policy on Israel, for example, in the name of her son.

Every day that passes, she looks like a bigger and bigger fool. And I say that with the least amount of partisanship possible.
    I'm back!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    Sleeping with the enemy?

On a serious note, she has taken this far past her fallen son's memory, and turned his death into a complete farce. She really should be ashamed of herself to be blasting our policy on Israel, for example, in the name of her son.

Every day that passes, she looks like a bigger and bigger fool. And I say that with the least amount of partisanship possible.
    There are articles/editorials/quotes daily in our local paper from her neighbors, Casey's classmates and friends urging her to stop. One this weekend was from one of Casey's classmates (now in the Marine Corp, just retured from Iraq) and he said in his opinon this is not what Casey would want, he said he based this on knowing Casey for years. He went on to publicly ask his family that if he should be killed serving his country to not dishonor his service in this manner (his words, not mine). It seems that the media frenzy is dieing off and she has to let everyone know she is going back to Crawford to keep the media flames fanned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Woof,
    That thread question is what do you do for a living. Well NRG stated what he did. How is that elitist?
    That post was not from the what do you do for a living thread. It was another political thread. He was telling claire she had no business insulting him because of his mag and clinics. That sounds elitist to me.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    "Even in peacetime. The media’s breathless tabulation of casualties in Iraq--now, over 1,800 deaths--is generally devoid of context. Here’s some context: between 1983 and 1996, 18,006 American military personnel died accidentally in the service of their country. That death rate of 1,286 per year exceeds the rate of combat deaths in Iraq by a ratio of nearly two to one.

That’s right: all through the years when hardly anyone was paying attention, soldiers, sailors and Marines were dying in accidents, training and otherwise, at nearly twice the rate of combat deaths in Iraq from the start of the war in 2003 to the present. Somehow, though, when there was no political hay to be made, I don’t recall any great outcry, or gleeful reporting, or erecting of crosses in the President’s home town. In fact, I’ll offer a free six-pack to the first person who can find evidence that any liberal expressed concern--any concern--about the 18,006 American service members who died accidentally in service of their country from 1983 to 1996."

Courtesy of Moorewatch
    "Even in peacetime. The media’s breathless tabulation of casualties in Iraq--now, over 1,800 deaths--is generally devoid of context. Here’s some context: between 1983 and 1996, 18,006 American military personnel died accidentally in the service of their country. That death rate of 1,286 per year exceeds the rate of combat deaths in Iraq by a ratio of nearly two to one.

That’s right: all through the years when hardly anyone was paying attention, soldiers, sailors and Marines were dying in accidents, training and otherwise, at nearly twice the rate of combat deaths in Iraq from the start of the war in 2003 to the present. Somehow, though, when there was no political hay to be made, I don’t recall any great outcry, or gleeful reporting, or erecting of crosses in the President’s home town. In fact, I’ll offer a free six-pack to the first person who can find evidence that any liberal expressed concern--any concern--about the 18,006 American service members who died accidentally in service of their country from 1983 to 1996."

Courtesy of Moorewatch
    That's a very interesting quote. I would've never guessed that, nor have I ever heard that.

I guess the liberal MSM never had a reason to report that, huh? You'd figure that they would, since those years were during mostly Republican administrations.
    I'm back!

Courtesy of Moorewatch
    Although I think that is a sad statistic, there is a difference in that situation and the one in Iraq. For all those that have died in Iraq, they have died because 'we' have put them there (some level of intent). For all of those that died 'accidently', arguably it was unintentional.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Although I think that is a sad statistic, there is a difference in that situation and the one in Iraq. For all those that have died in Iraq, they have died because 'we' have put them there (some level of intent). For all of those that died 'accidently', arguably it was unintentional.
    Doesnt change the numbers or the facts
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    I think is shows that military life is dangerous in regardless of wether there is a war on. If the people who sign up don't realize that... well I think they are stupid. They arent signing up for duty at the mall with a whistle and mace. IT'S THE MILITARY!!!!
    — Ed Howdershelt