Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526272829303136 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 520 of 727
  1. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #501  
    Quote Originally Posted by diomedes
    Oh yes, pull out now, like Cindy Sheehan the grieving mother says.

    Her wisdom, after all, should never to be questioned, because she is an emotional, grieving mother! And we all attend the church of emotionalism, don't we?
    First off wecome to TC (TreoCentral).

    Second on the list is that, Her wisdom should be questioned, as all people's should be. Just so I get this right, you are saying that we should not listen to her because she is emotional?

    Quote Originally Posted by diomedes
    Even though she changed her story, even though recently she has gone totally off the deep end declaring she will not pay her taxes, we should listen, because Cindy Sheehan has given us her personal guarantee that if we pull out now, and Israel pulls out now, all Islamic terrorism will cease!

    Let's not just chant or demand it... let's make absolutely sure that the sacrifices of coalition soldiers are for naught!
    I am not a fan of just pulling out of Iraq and leaving it be. I think we should get more of the world involved to give us the much needed help we need in Iraq (i.e. secure Iraq's borders, train Iraqi forces, etc.). This way we can draw our troops down. Also, since you claim she is just 'emotional' why would you put so much stock into what her 'story' was before when she met Bush, when she was probably even more emotional about losing her son? I think you feel this way because you don't agree with it, so you just dismiss it as 'emotional', all the while supporting her former feelings towards Bush and the war.

    Quote Originally Posted by diomedes
    Appeasement.. yes, that wise strategy we have pursued for decades, that is the solution to all our terrorist problems.
    Please show me where appeasement is/has takin' place.

    Quote Originally Posted by diomedes
    We Americans are just as guilty as they are, of course. I mean, the worst of our worst disobey to put panties on the heads of terrorist prisoners.

    Let's see.

    Beheadings sanctioned by Allah.

    vs.

    Disobedient soldiers having some fraternity fun.

    Oh yes, we're clearly the true terrorists!

    You must listen to Rush. You didn't research did you? These things that you call 'fraternity fun' goes much deeper than your statement would lead on. First there is a matter of even more pictures and video tape being fought out in court whether they should be released or not. Second anyone that has seen these videos and such claim they are some of the worst things they have ever seen. There is claims that there are women being raped in front of their husbands, and so much more that I will not get into right now, but if you research a little, you will find it. Here is a start 'Abu Gharib FOIA Redaction'. Thrid there is an Executive Order that OK's the use of some very extreme measures to get info, some would refer to it as 'torture'. Now I am not saying we equal to the terrorists and other people who use beheadings (Saudi Arabia). All I am saying is we need to be careful of how we act. Remember we are in a position where we (the U.S.) are setting an example.
    Last edited by NRG; 08/22/2005 at 10:44 AM.
  2. #502  
    Thanks for the welcome BTW. It is an excellent forum. After this thread I'll try and spend more time in the other areas...

    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Just so I get this right, you are saying that we should not listen to her because she is emotional?

    Also, since you claim she is just 'emotional' why would you put so much stock into what her 'story' was before when she met Bush, when she was probably even more emotional about losing her son? I think you feel this way because you don't agree with it, so you just dismiss it as 'emotional', all the while supporting her former feelings towards Bush and the war.
    Well, emotion runs counter to reason and should never be a guide in decision-making. That's all. It's really common sense. I don't put any stock in anything she has ever said, because if you listen to what she has said, you know the woman is clearly off her rocker. I regret her loss more than anything. I do not, however, as a result of it, automatically elevate her. That would be foolish and twisted... kinda... like... CNN/NBC/ABC/CBS/MSNBC/NY Times/Newsweek/Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    I am not a fan of just pulling out of Iraq and leaving it be. I think we should get more of the world involved to give us the much needed help we need in Iraq (i.e. secure Iraq's borders, train Iraqi forces, etc.). This way we can draw our troops down.
    Now that we are at war, no matter whether you agree with it or not, IMO pulling out before the job is done would be a catastrophe.

    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Please show me where appeasement is/has takin' place.
    Appeasement is the liberal approach to dealing with terrorism. It doesn't work. Take US support for and pressure to pull out of the Gaza Strip, for instance--appeasement at its finest. Mahmoud Abbas, Palestinian Authority Chairman, and the terrorist group Hamas, both agree that Palestinian terrorism has now given them a victory. Abbas himself veils threats of continued violence. The Spanish gave us a prime example of popular appeasement when the Madrid bombings influenced their election results. If you don't already see appeasement as the primary tactic of the left, then I can't help.

    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    You must listen to Rush.
    Yes, I do, as well as many others. You must tune out, I mean into, CNN. :P

    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    You didn't research did you? These things that you call 'fraternity fun' goes much deeper than your statement would lead on. First there is a matter of even more pictures and video tape being fought out in court whether they should be released or not. Second anyone that has seen these videos and such claim they are some of the worst things they have ever seen. There is claims that there are women being raped in front of their husbands, and so much more that I will not get into right now, but if you research a little, you will find it. Here is a start 'Abu Gharib FOIA Redaction'. Thrid there is an Executive Order that OK's the use of some very extreme measures to get info, some would refer to it as 'torture'. Now I am not saying we equal to the terrorists and other people who use beheadings (Saudi Arabia). All I am saying is we need to be careful of how we act. Remember we are in a position where we (the U.S.) are setting an example.
    Huh? This is really a non-issue. I know some people will try very hard to use the word torture, whether it is warranted or not. But, excuse me, we -are- very careful about how we act. We have the best, most professional fighting force in the world. Make no mistake about that. Anyone who thinks anything less is dead wrong. I know the anti-war propaganda preaches otherwise, but what happened at Abu Grab was the exception. No matter how terrible the left wishes Abu Grab could be, no matter how long they want to drag it out, no matter what happened there... it still a) cannot compare to the live beheadings distributed internationally by Islamic terrorists claiming to be doing the will of God, b) involved a few disobedient US military personnel who are being/have been disciplined, c) has been played out in the international press in front of everyone on earth.

    There are all kinds of claims being made by prisoners because radical Islamic terrorists understand that war against the West is also political. I hope any American citizen who hears these accusations will trust our military first, before trusting the Islamic terrorist scum.
    Last edited by diomedes; 08/22/2005 at 10:28 PM.
  3. #503  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Excellent!! and thats a nice motorcycle too!
    Thanks!!!
  4. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #504  
    Quote Originally Posted by diomedes
    Thanks for the welcome BTW. It is an excellent forum. After this thread I'll try and spend more time in the other areas...
    I say explore and you will learn a whole hell of alot about your Treo and other things such as you are not alone if you use your Treo in the bathroom Almost 260 of us.

    Quote Originally Posted by diomedes
    Well, emotion runs counter to reason and should never be a guide in decision-making. That's all. It's really common sense. I don't put any stock in anything she has ever said, because if you listen to what she has said, you know the woman is clearly off her rocker. I regret her loss more than anything. I do not, however, as a result of it, automatically elevate her. That would be foolish and twisted... kinda... like... CNN/NBC/ABC/CBS/MSNBC/NY Times/Newsweek/Etc.
    Well I can say I agree with as far as making decisions on emotion. I am still not sure what to make of her, although I think she is doing something which she feels is right and I applaud her for such.

    Quote Originally Posted by diomedes
    Now that we are at war, no matter whether you agree with it or not, IMO pulling out before the job is done would be a catastrophe.
    Agreed, notice I did not say we must get out, I said we need some help in there.

    Quote Originally Posted by diomedes
    Appeasement is the liberal approach to dealing with terrorism. It doesn't work. Take US support for and pressure to pull out of the Gaza Strip, for instance--appeasement at its finest. Mahmoud Abbas, Palestinian Authority Chairman, and the terrorist group Hamas, both agree that Palestinian terrorism has now given them a victory. Abbas himself veils threats of continued violence. The Spanish gave us a prime example of popular appeasement when the Madrid bombings influenced their election results. If you don't already see appeasement as the primary tactic of the left, then I can't help.
    If I am not mistaken this would have nothing to do with the left, but it does have something to do with the way Sharon thought this was the best way to handle it. Only time will tell us if he was correct in his assumption.

    Quote Originally Posted by diomedes
    Yes, I do, as well as many others. You must tune out, I mean into, CNN. :P
    I get my news from a plethora of sources, I try not tune out info because I view it as 'liberal' or 'conservative', that would be silly and make me less informed.

    Quote Originally Posted by diomedes
    Huh? This is really a non-issue. I know some people will try very hard to use the word torture, whether it is warranted or not. But, excuse me, we -are- very careful about how we act. We have the best, most professional fighting force in the world. Make no mistake about that. Anyone who thinks anything less is dead wrong. I know the anti-war propaganda preaches otherwise, but what happened at Abu Grab was the exception. No matter how terrible the left wishes Abu Grab could be, no matter how long they want to drag it out, no matter what happened there... it still a) cannot compare to the live beheadings distributed internationally by Islamic terrorists claiming to be doing the will of God, b) involved a few disobedient US military personnel who are being/have been disciplined, c) has been played out in the international press in front of everyone on earth.

    There are all kinds of claims being made by prisoners because radical Islamic terrorists understand that war against the West is also political. I hope any American citizen who hears these accusations will trust our military first, before trusting the Islamic terrorist scum.
    It may be a non-issue I was just trying to point out this was in NO way similar to frat hazing as you put. Down playing it is just silly and we should take a closer look at what happened there so it doesn't happen again.
  5. #505  
    Hey I have used my Treo in the bathroom!

    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    although I think she is doing something which she feels is right and I applaud her for such.
    She has that right. I think there is no right or wrong when it comes to grieving families, and there are many who will choose to view their child’s death as pointless. Others believe the volunteer military is comprised of adults whose decisions should be respected and honored.

    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Agreed, notice I did not say we must get out, I said we need some help in there.
    No, you did not, and I emphatically agreed. More help would be great, I don't know where it's going to come from. But I think we already have the power to defeat this enemy... what we really need is collective determination. That would do it.

    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    If I am not mistaken this would have nothing to do with the left, but it does have something to do with the way Sharon thought this was the best way to handle it. Only time will tell us if he was correct in his assumption.
    Well, I think the strategy of appeasement has everything to do with the left. Sharon's mistake is already plain to see; Hamas will not stop terrorizing Jews when they make gains by doing so.

    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    I get my news from a plethora of sources, I try not tune out info because I view it as 'liberal' or 'conservative', that would be silly and make me less informed.
    I think everyone does. But there are many entrenched and very powerful news sources that have lost credibility with me... in some cases because they have clearly been propagandizing a destructive agenda for years, and in other cases because they flat out lie -- and many have even been caught.

    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    It may be a non-issue I was just trying to point out this was in NO way similar to frat hazing as you put. Down playing it is just silly and we should take a closer look at what happened there so it doesn't happen again.
    Well I would disagree there. Fraternity stuff gets pretty rough, and put Abu Ghraib in the context of war, where we (gasp) really kill evil people, but evil people who have sons and daughters and wives, I say it was no worse. And even though I don't think it's so terrible, even if you do, it still was the exception, is being dealth with, and our military clearly remains the most professional on earth. Why anyone would focus on Abu Ghraib, during a time of war when we need the determination to defeat this enemy... is beyond me. Islamic terrorists sure hope we will focus on it... and study it hard... which is why they keep hurling baseless accusations... for as we study Abu Ghraib, we will be playing right into their hands. Now if folks who disagree would rather investigate Abu Ghraib, explore it, poke and prod at it, coo at the photos, call our military names and call the United States evil... then go right ahead... but I hope they will do so AFTER the war has been won. Because to do so during the war affects morale, which results in more casualties for us. I shouldn't have to explain this.
  6. #506  
    Quote Originally Posted by diomedes
    Well, I think the strategy of appeasement has everything to do with the left. Sharon's mistake is already plain to see.
    Sharon is a right-wing conservative, I don't see how he fits into your left-wing appeasement theory.

    Well I would disagree there. Fraternity stuff gets pretty rough
    Like this?
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2004May27.html
    Take the case of Maj. Gen. Abed Hamed Mowhoush, the former chief of Iraqi air defenses, who died Nov. 26 at a detention facility at Al Qaim, northwest of Baghdad. After his death the Pentagon released a statement reporting that "it appeared Mowhoush died of natural causes." That was a lie. In fact, according to an autopsy report, Gen. Mowhoush died of "asphyxia due to smothering and chest compression." According to documents first obtained by the Denver Post, two soldiers slid a sleeping bag over him and rolled him repeatedly from his back to his stomach; one then sat on his chest and covered his mouth. Only after the Denver Post's report last week did the Pentagon acknowledge the truth and say that a homicide investigation was underway.
    Granted, it isn't the rule (though there are many more examples of this kind and homicide investigations going on), but "fraternity stuff" doesn't describe it.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
  7. #507  
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    Sharon is a right-wing conservative, I don't see how he fits into your left-wing appeasement theory.
    But pulling out of the Gaza Strip, the strategy I cited, whether traced to Sharon or Bush or whomever else, is a left-wing move that has everything to do with appeasing the Palestinians and Hamas. Appeasement is not a theory, it's a strategy we have been actively engaged in within our own borders on nearly every derisive front. And it doesn't work.

    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    Like this?
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2004May27.html
    Granted, it isn't the rule (though there are many more examples of this kind and homicide investigations going on), but "fraternity stuff" doesn't describe it.
    Hell, one single, quick death would be shocking and horrid if took place in your comfortable, air-conditioned living room. But this happened during war, where masses of people, including innocents, are actually killed, on purpose (gasp)! In that context, I think fraternity hazing would be an apt comparison. It is certainly nothing to be obsessed with. And remember the terrorist enemy is un-uniformed and not afforded the protections of the Geneva Convention, no matter what CNN and the NY Times want you to believe. Look, this stuff happens. It's being dealt with. It's called war, it's brutal, and there are no soy lattes or air conditioning.

    What ever happened to our resolve? Perhaps we lost it during college, when many of us were taught the virtues of emotion, nonjudgementalism, or self-doubt. I don't think the America of today could ever have decided WWII.

    Anyway I would be glad to keep going way off topic to discuss every aspect of the war with every left winger... but this will take time that I don't have. So, again:

    I think there is no right or wrong when it comes to grieving families, and there are many who will choose to view their child’s death as pointless. Others believe the volunteer military is comprised of adults whose decisions should be respected and honored.
  8. #508  
    Quote Originally Posted by diomedes
    But pulling out of the Gaza Strip, the strategy I cited, whether traced to Sharon or Bush or whomever else, is a left-wing move
    So Bush and Sharon, both right-wing conservatives, are your role models for left-wing moves? Interesting, telling even.
    I think fraternity hazing would be an apt comparison. It is certainly nothing to be obsessed with. And remember the terrorist enemy is un-uniformed and not afforded the protections of the Geneva Convention
    The person in the example above was not a terrorist, he was a Maj. Gen., former chief of the Iraqi air defenses, beaten to death as a prisoner of war... but never mind, you have made your point that it's not a big deal.

    The problem with the "meaning" behind the Iraq war is that it is very hard to question the reasons or the outcome (WMD? Terrorism? Democracy for the Iraqis?) because it would take away the meaning from the losses... as a US senator once put it, how do you ask a man to be the last man to die for a mistake? It's a cruel question, one that maybe really shouldn't be asked while the dying goes on.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
  9. #509  
    Which is what Bush is currently using to manipulate this nation's attitude towards Iraq; "We will honor their sacrifice by staying on the offensive."

    This of course is a never ending loop.
  10. #510  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    This of course is a never ending loop.
    Sort of like leftist based Anti-Americanism.
  11. #511  
    Geez...nobody cares about this B. Let it go Louie...let it go
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  12.    #512  
    Speaking of Sheehan, Bush said - "Doesn't represent the views of the families I've spoked with."
    Bush today on a MSNBC piece.

    Good for him standing up to this sh!t.
  13. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #513  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    Sort of like leftist based Anti-Americanism.
    1911 this is just devisive talk and I don't think there is a place for it. I don't know anyone nor have run across anyone who is anti-american. This meme of yours is stale, tired, and played out! Look at it this way, you can live in the same house 30 years and beat your chest and scream at the top of your lungs that your house is the best looking one on the block. But if you don't apply a coat of paint every once in while or cut the lawn you are going to have worst looking house on the block no matter what you say. What is wrong with looking at what is wrong and trying to fix it? I think the person that looks at their house and says "my house looks like crap right now but it is a good house, so I will try and fix what is wrong", shows more love for their house than the guy that doesn't do that. Just my .02.
  14. #514  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    1911 this is just devisive talk and I don't think there is a place for it. I don't know anyone nor have run across anyone who is anti-american. This meme of yours is stale, tired, and played out! Look at it this way, you can live in the same house 30 years and beat your chest and scream at the top of your lungs that your house is the best looking one on the block. But if you don't apply a coat of paint every once in while or cut the lawn you are going to have worst looking house on the block no matter what you say. What is wrong with looking at what is wrong and trying to fix it? I think the person that looks at their house and says "my house looks like crap right now but it is a good house, so I will try and fix what is wrong", shows more love for their house than the guy that doesn't do that. Just my .02.


    Whether you're a seasoned professional or a beginner, you can find important information about painting here.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  15. #516  
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  16. #517  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    1911 this is just devisive talk and I don't think there is a place for it. I don't know anyone nor have run across anyone who is anti-american. This meme of yours is stale, tired, and played out! Look at it this way, you can live in the same house 30 years and beat your chest and scream at the top of your lungs that your house is the best looking one on the block. But if you don't apply a coat of paint every once in while or cut the lawn you are going to have worst looking house on the block no matter what you say. What is wrong with looking at what is wrong and trying to fix it? I think the person that looks at their house and says "my house looks like crap right now but it is a good house, so I will try and fix what is wrong", shows more love for their house than the guy that doesn't do that. Just my .02.
    The "coats of paint" your side is applying to OUR house are giving aid and comfort to people acitvely trying to kill my friends.
  17. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #518  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Is that ToolkiT??
    TeeHee.
  18. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #519  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    The "coats of paint" your side is applying to OUR house are giving aid and comfort to people acitvely trying to kill my friends.
    Who doesn't have friends over there? Aid and Comfort,..........geez! Pull his string and out come the talking points.
  19. #520  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Who doesn't have friends over there? Aid and Comfort,..........geez! Pull his string and out come the talking points.
    You, Sir, are a fine one to speak of talking points and strings being pulled. Your mindless, leftwing blather permeates every post. Let me guess...left wing positions are reasoned arguments, while anything remotely conservative is a talking point emanating from Karl Rove's dark heart. Your condescending hypocrisy amuses, and is the major reason why your party finds itself in the minority.

    Do you REALLY believe that the constant whine of the left, as amplified by a willing and obviously biased media, doesn't serve to encourage our enemies?

    And, for the record, I think you're lying through your elitist teeth about knowing anyone in the military.

Posting Permissions