Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    I think this is proof of my open mind, my willingness to admit error, and my ability to speak the truth ...
    willingness to admit/accept liberal democrat error. I somehow doubt you will be as forgiving of the Bush administration.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    And he shouldn't...when, and if George makes one.

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Quote Originally Posted by TheLiveSoundGuy
    And he shouldn't...when, and if George makes one.
    what the right risks by having an open mind
    is that their brains leak out --

mustn't let this happen !
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Look I think we all know George has made mistakes.

The last one being, not blowing this lady off and going to Disneyland on vacation like to rest of us.

Thread Crapper

I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

5. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Did you forget Operation Stained Dress? Under Clinton and not-so-bright we bombed a nation (Serbia) which had taken no agressive action against us. And what was the reaction of the leftists? Not a wimper. Nuttin. Nada
    Did you forget we did have an alliance with NATO, this is what caused us to goto war in Serbia (plus alittle thing called ethnic cleansing).
  6. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Clinton also did a great job in Rwanda...oh wait, he sat back as over a million peeps were slaughtered. But he "felt their pain" Sheesh
    Kinda like Darfur?
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Kinda like Darfur?
    I think that the UN and the African Union dont think that its such a big deal. Then again, there isnt much that they find to be that important. Except maybe the "Oil For Fraud" program investigation.
    Well behaved women rarely make history

The beastial savagery of serbs against children and old people -- they were tyranical bullies who attempted the extermination of their neighbors and formerly fellow coutrymen.
    The Serbs weren't as brutal as it would made out to be. And they didn't try to exterminate their neighbors, in Bosnia, they wanted to unite the Serbs. Current Bosnia *IS* split across ethnic lines with a half Serb Portion.

They sought to ethnically cleanse -- i.e. burn rape murder -- an entire nation of people.
    In Bosnia?

In Kosovo, I don't believe the Serbs were as evil as many say. If you look at pictures of the people of Kosovo and Serbia it becomes clear. The Albanians in Kosovo are like Mexicans in the US.
    I think that the UN and the African Union dont think that its such a big deal. Then again, there isnt much that they find to be that important. Except maybe the "Oil For Fraud" program investigation.
    Hahahahe. Do a lil' research, dear. Check out "Marc Rich".

Where did he go? Oh yeah, he denounced his US citizenship and was pardoned by Clinton. He's a key figure in the scam, but... but... but... how come no one talks about him??
    Quote Originally Posted by burnout
    Hahahahe. Do a lil' research, dear. Check out "Marc Rich".

Where did he go? Oh yeah, he denounced his US citizenship and was pardoned by Clinton. He's a key figure in the scam, but... but... but... how come no one talks about him??
    I agree completely. What I meant was that the UN would rather that everyone thinks the Oil For Fraud investigation isnt a big deal, and that it will just go away.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist
    In Bosnia The Serbs weren't as brutal as it would made out to be. And they didn't try to exterminate their neighbors... they wanted to unite the Serbs. Current Bosnia *IS* split across ethnic lines with a half Serb Portion.

In Kosovo, I don't believe the Serbs were as evil as many say. If you look at pictures of the people of Kosovo and Serbia it becomes clear...

you are entitled to your opinion --

please provide us with a legitimate citation that supports your view --

as a start, Google: Srebrenica -- copy and paste the word into Google.com -- I'm curious what happened there.

also, please help me understand how many raped women, murdered children, and grandparents burnt alive does it take to reach your threshold of brutal ???
    Last edited by BARYE; 08/21/2005 at 11:55 AM.
  12.    #492  
    Senator Hagel is an *****. He could of expressed his beliefs without emboldening the terrorists.
    clairegrrl --

thanks for opening that link and reporting what you saw --

(that thread was deleted before I could reply there)
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Senator Hagel is an *****. He could of expressed his beliefs without emboldening the terrorists.
    Hagel is a veteran of Vietnam, and a republican --- what could he have said that you found so offensive ??
  15.    #495  
    Hagel is a veteran of Vietnam, and a republican --- what could he have said that you found so offensive ??
    Referred to Iraq as Vietnam.
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Referred to Iraq as Vietnam.
    You were bothered my what Hagel said ??

GOP Senator Says Iraq Looking Like Vietnam
    By DOUGLASS K. DANIEL, Associated Press

...Sen. Chuck Hagel, who received two Purple Hearts and other military honors for his service in Vietnam, reiterated his position that the United States needs to develop a strategy to leave Iraq. Hagel scoffed at the idea that U.S. troops could be in Iraq four years from now at levels above 100,000, a contingency for which the Pentagon is preparing.

"We should start figuring out how we get out of there," Hagel said ...

..."stay the course" is not a policy. "By any standard, when you analyze 2 1/2 years in Iraq ... we're not winning," he said...

...Hagel, who was among those who advocated sending two to three times as many troops to Iraq when the war began in March 2003, said a stronger military presence by the U.S. is not the solution today.
    "We're past that stage now because now we are locked into a bogged-down problem not unsimilar, dissimilar to where we were in Vietnam," Hagel said. "The longer we stay, the more problems we're going to have." ...

..."What I think the White House does not yet understand — and some of my colleagues — the dam has broke on this policy," Hagel said. "The longer we stay there, the more similarities (to Vietnam) are going to come together."

The Army's top general, Gen. Peter Schoomaker, said Saturday in an interview with The Associated Press that the Army is planning for the possibility of keeping the current number of soldiers in Iraq — well over 100,000 — for four more years ...

...Hagel described the Army contingency plan as "complete folly."

"I don't know where he's going to get these troops," Hagel said. "There won't be any National Guard left ... no Army Reserve left ... there is no way America is going to have 100,000 troops in Iraq, nor should it, in four years."
    Hagel added: "It would bog us down, it would further destabilize the Middle East, it would give Iran more influence, it would hurt Israel, it would put our allies over there in Saudi Arabia and Jordan in a terrible position. It won't be four years. We need to be out." ...

...Sen. Lindsey Graham, a South Carolina Republican, said ...
    "The worst-case scenario is not staying four years. The worst-case scenario is leaving a dysfunctional, repressive government behind that becomes part of the problem in the war on terror and not the solution," ...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050822/ap_on_go_co/us_iraq

The right must be getting really discombulated. To have to continually reassert the fiction that everything is going great in Iraq, that our intervention and continued presence is making us and the world safer -- while daily hearing about Iraq's descent into chaos, anarchy, and religious fundammentalism -- as well as our daily rising death toll -- must be truly tiring.

Having these concerns voiced by a vietnam veteran Republican Senator must in some cause cognitive dissonance.
  17.    #497  
    You were bothered my what Hagel said ??
    Yes, because it emboldens the enemy, it isn't true and it is a talking point of the dems. He is thinking of a run for 2008 and it was a political move.
    According to the TODAY show, she is now running commercials in Utah where the Pres. is speaking today. It made news because one local affiliate refuses to run it. Saying it may not be in keeping with comunity standards. The station released a statement saying in effect, that it may actually offend many in our community, who have given, and lost loved ones in the war.

I wonder if anyone, other than the media, will follow her when she goes on vacation? No, probably not 'cause that would remind her of her loss. That would be cold. Too bad though, it's probably what she wants.

Thread Crapper

Oh yes, pull out now, like Cindy Sheehan the grieving mother says.

Her wisdom, after all, should never to be questioned, because she is an emotional, grieving mother! And we all attend the church of emotionalism, don't we?

Even though she changed her story, even though recently she has gone totally off the deep end declaring she will not pay her taxes, we should listen, because Cindy Sheehan has given us her personal guarantee that if we pull out now, and Israel pulls out now, all Islamic terrorism will cease!

Let's not just chant or demand it... let's make absolutely sure that the sacrifices of coalition soldiers are for naught!

Appeasement.. yes, that wise strategy we have pursued for decades, that is the solution to all our terrorist problems.

We Americans are just as guilty as they are, of course. I mean, the worst of our worst disobey to put panties on the heads of terrorist prisoners.

Let's see.

Beheadings sanctioned by Allah.

vs.

Disobedient soldiers having some fraternity fun.

Oh yes, we're clearly the true terrorists!

Quote Originally Posted by diomedes
    Oh yes, pull out now, like Cindy Sheehan the grieving mother says.

Her wisdom, after all, should never to be questioned, because she is an emotional, grieving mother! And we all attend the church of emotionalism, don't we?

Even though she changed her story, even though recently she has gone totally off the deep end declaring she will not pay her taxes, we should listen, because Cindy Sheehan has given us her personal guarantee that if we pull out now, and Israel pulls out now, all Islamic terrorism will cease!

Let's not just chant or demand it... let's make absolutely sure that the sacrifices of coalition soldiers are for naught!

Appeasement.. yes, that wise strategy we have pursued for decades, that is the solution to all our terrorist problems.

We Americans are just as guilty as they are, of course. I mean, the worst of our worst disobey to put panties on the heads of terrorist prisoners.

Let's see.

Beheadings sanctioned by Allah.

vs.

Disobedient soldiers having some fraternity fun.

Oh yes, we're clearly the true terrorists!

Excellent!! and thats a nice motorcycle too!
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson