Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    I am going to PM Zeitgeist and invite he/she to our discussion.
    Maybe Zeitgeist can decide for us all if we are experiencing a zeigeist.
    May as well, he/she is as out of control as Cindy Sheehan

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...66&postcount=3
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    If the people are tired of this by next years elections, or the '08 elections, they'll act accordingly. Personally, my life doesn't revolve around who occupies 1600 Penn. Ave. like it does some people. My life goes on. So what if a Democrat is elected President, and/or they regain Congress? I'm not going to become a raving lunatic.

I'm confused -- are you saying that a democrat in the White House would cure your lunacy -- or prevent it ??

(your secret dipstick is still unclaimed !!)

secret dipstick
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    I'm confused -- are you saying that a democrat in the White House would cure your lunacy -- or prevent it ??

(your secret dipstick is still unclaimed !!)

secret dipstick
    I'm saying it doesn't matter to me the occupant. Candidates run to the Left or Right in the Primaries, however in the National Election they move to the center. I'm never going to see my kind of Republican in the White House. One who will abolish Welfare. Do away with all these silly Departments, Dept. of Education, Commerce, FCC, etc...Remember when prescription drugs was a big campaign issue? Instead of Mr. Bush saying this is ridiculous, it's not the role of government to give pills out to people, he offers a Democrat Light plan.

But to hear some people rant and rave, if it's a GOP Admin, we'll be goose stepping in the streets and old people will be eating dog food. If it's a Democrat Admin, will have rampant abortions taking place, and churches will be closed. I got news for you people who think that, wake up to reality. This country is not going to either extremes.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I am going to PM Zeitgeist and invite he/she to our discussion.
    Maybe Zeitgeist can decide for us all if we are experiencing a zeigeist.
    Ah hah, what's up?

I'm more of a lurker that appears every now and then when I have a question or two. Finally got a new Treo 600 from Lockline, I've been going for weeks with a half cracked screen.
  5.    #425  
    Zeitgeist,
    Why did you choose your name?
  6. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Looks like the right wing's political machine is in ramp up mode. We have got a "group" of folks heading down to counter-protest Cindy Sheehan.

Supporters of U.S. Involvement in Iraq Plan Caravan to Texas

The anti-war protest by a Vacaville mother outside the president's Texas ranch is galvanizing some who support the country's continued involvement in Iraq. One of those is a serviceman's mother who feels now more than ever the country must stand strong behind the troops.

Roseville resident Deborah Johns' son William is a Marine stationed in Iraq. She sympathizes with Cindy Sheehan, the anti-war protester who lost her son to enemy fire 16 months ago. However, Johns believes a pull-out now would negate what troops are fighting for in Iraq. She takes exception to Sheehan's protest and plans to do something about it.

-snip-

http://www.news10.net/storyfull1.asp?id=12639
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Looks like the right wing's political machine is in ramp up mode. We have got a "group" of folks heading down to counter-protest Cindy Sheehan.
    Why is this a ramping up of "right wing" political machinery, yet you don't seem to say anything of the ramping up of Moveon and Michael Moore??

A spade is a spade.

Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Why is this a ramping up of "right wing" political machinery, yet you don't seem to say anything of the ramping up of Moveon and Michael Moore??

A spade is a spade.
    You know how it is. It is not a credible source if it is not my source, it is ramp up right wing but diligent protest if I agree, mean spirited bashing against my ideals but simply pointing out the obvious mistakes in your rants, your facts are just opinions my opinions are actually facts cause I say so
  9. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts

A spade is a spade.
    Well it is the matter that there maybe direct involvement of the repubublican party.

As you will notice all the right wing radio shows will soon be calling for people to join.

Here is a little more info on Move America Forward (MAF)(from Sourcewatch.org):

Move America Forward is a right-wing political advocacy group founded and headed by California Republicans and staff members of the public relations firm Russo Marsh and Rogers, which has strong ties to the Republican Party.

According to its website, "Move America Forward (www.MoveAmericaForward.org) is a non-partisan, not-for-profit organization committed to supporting America's efforts to defeat terrorism and supporting the brave men and women of our Armed Forces." [1] (http://www.moveamericaforward.org/?Page=AboutUs)

According to PRPRPR $Week$, $Move$ $America$ $Forward$'$s$ &$quot$;$vice$ $chairmen$ $are$ $conservative$ $radio$ $talk$ $show$ $co$-$host$ $Melanie$ $Morgan$ $and$ $National$ $Tax$ $Limitation$ $Committee$ $founder$ $Lew$ $Uhler$.&$quot$;[$2$] (http://www.odwyerpr.com/members/0615moore.htm)

Russo Marsh and Rogers
    Move America Forward's website address was initially registered to Russo Marsh and Rogers, but after the registration information was reported, the details were quickly changed to exclude any mention of RM+R [3] (http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/mo...caforward.html). Move America Forward operates out of the same offices as RM+R and calls to the two organizations are answered by the same receptionist, according to several reports. [4] (http://www.pacificviews.org/weblog/archives/000202.html)

In the 2001/02 electoral cycle, Russo Marsh and Rogers received $2,475,223 in payments from Republican politicians, and no payments at all from Democrat politicans. [5] (http://www.SourceWatch.org/wiki.phtm...s_predecessors) Move America Forward was launched in June 2004.

Furthermore, although the MAF site describes Sal Russo as the group's "chief strategist," it makes no mention of his involvement in RM+R [6] (http://www.moveamericaforward.org/?Page=AboutUs).

-snip-
    Smells like political agenda to me.
    Last edited by NRG; 08/19/2005 at 01:01 PM.
    Well it is the matter that there maybe direct involvement of the repubublican party.

As you will notice all the right wing radio shows will soon be calling for people to join.
    -snip-
    Well, I don't listen to Right Wing radio shows, so I'll take your word for it.

Still, I don't see this as being any different than MoveOns organizing vigils the other night, and using Ms. Sheehan as their pin-up girl for their cause (which we all know is to trash the Administration.)

Whether or not GOP politicians have contributed to these is irrelevant to me. MoveOn is every bit as much a Left Wing machine as MAF is a Right wing machine. Each will put out their message to support and bolster their Party. I guess this is fine, but it always seems like the GOP has a "machine" or a "Right Wing Cabal", or my favorite, the elusive "Operatives" (Oooo!! ).

Zeitgeist,
    Why did you choose your name?
    I've used it for ages as long as I can remember. It's pretty much my online alias everywhere. Only very recently have I seen it used in English writing.
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl

"Am I emotional? Yes, my first born was murdered. Am I angry? Yes, he was killed for lies and for a PNAC Neo-Con agenda to benefit Israel. My son joined the Army to protect America, not Israel." --Cindy Sheehan
    How is she a Nazi? Just because she isn't pro-Israel? Unless you haven't noticed Israel playes a rather large part on our middle east policy, and I too, would like it to stop. The mission of the United States is not to protect the Jews and Israel.
    Excuse me? The Executive, Legislative, and Judicial, branches decide the mission for The United States of America, Not the taxpayer. Taxpayers are really no more than advisors and consultants.

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist
    How is she a Nazi? Just because she isn't pro-Israel? Unless you haven't noticed Israel playes a rather large part on our middle east policy, and I too, would like it to stop. The mission of the United States is not to protect the Jews and Israel.
    It is appropriate policy to cultivate, establish, maintain, and/or terminate strategic alliances as to advance our causes and protect our interests.

One of those interests/causes is to promote democracy in the region.
  15. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLiveSoundGuy
    Excuse me? The Executive, Legislative, and Judicial, branches decide the mission for The United States of America, Not the taxpayer. Taxpayers are really no more than advisors and consultants.
    Thats unfortunate since all thos folks listed above are representatives of the Taxpayer (i.e. they are to do our commands/wishes).
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Thats unfortunate since all thos folks listed above are representatives of the Taxpayer (i.e. they are to do our commands/wishes).
    Actually they tell us what they will do if we vote them in office. We really can not give them a command once they are there, you then express your approval/disapproval with your vote during the next election.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Here is a recent poll on how the country views Cindy

In general, people see in Sheehan what they want to see. Opinion about her is largely based upon views of the War, rather than views about the woman herself. Democrats, by a 56% to 18% margin, have a favorable opinion. Republicans, by a 64% to 16% margin, have an unfavorable view. Those not affiliated with either major party are evenly divided.

People who think we should withdraw troops from Iraq now have a positive opinion of Sheehan (59% favorable, 12% unfavorable). Those who do not think we should withdraw troops at this time have a negative view (15% favorable , 64% unfavorable).

Among those with family members who have served in the military, Sheehan is viewed favorably by 31% and unfavorably by 48%.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/2005...%20Sheehan.htm
    Why is it unfornunate? It is the system that the taxpayers put in place to begin with. If you don't like the representation, vote against it. And yes it is just that simple. Our reps. that we put in place, are not dogs to be commanded. We put them there to make the decisions they feel their constituants would want them to make. They take advise from all taxpayers, and then make decisions based on that advise. Don't like the decision? Change your vote. Don't like the system, provide a better model, put it to the citizens then vote. Whinning, just makes people look like well...Whinners.

Thread Crapper

I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

19. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLiveSoundGuy
    Why is it unfornunate? It is the system that the taxpayers put in place to begin with. If you don't like the representation, vote against it. And yes it is just that simple. Our reps. that we put in place, are not dogs to be commanded. We put them there to make the decisions they feel their constituants would want them to make. They take advise from all taxpayers, and then make decisions based on that advise. Don't like the decision? Change your vote. Don't like the system, provide a better model, put it to the citizens then vote. Whinning, just makes people look like well...Whinners.
    I think you missed my point some waht, yet then again you admit as such. If his/hers constitutes what said x bill not to pass, then sad rep. shouldn't pass it. This was all I am saying.
    and who gets angry (besides DA ) when 5 taxpayers say pass, and 4 taxpayers say don't pass, and the rep. decides Pass?

Thread Crapper