Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Am I imagining things or did you rip off my sig for your avatar?

btw, no idea what you are talking about with your post

I was away all day -- I thought you intended me to use it after the joking stuff in petpeeves -- I'll remove it if I misunderstood ...

The stuff you did not understand was intended to be a follow on to the story begun there ...

sorry --
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Yes I understand why a paranoid liberal is suspicious - but come on - Drudge is not going to stage a full out lie just to post it. It actually isn't a big deal what she has said - she is saying it live everyday minus the f-bombs. She said all of that. My point is she appears very irrational and militant. No President would meet with her the way she spoke of the President. Not Bush, not even Clinton would meet with someone who is so threatening.
    You're not hearing me. Drudge is not the source. The most ORIGINAL, source I can find is the link that's been shown here; http://www.discoverthenetwork.org/Ar...ewartrally.htm
    which is a rabidly conservative site. They show no source, therefore I question it's reliability.
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    You're not hearing me. Drudge is not the source. The most ORIGINAL, source I can find is the link that's been shown here; http://www.discoverthenetwork.org/Ar...ewartrally.htm
    which is a rabidly conservative site. They show no source, therefore I question it's reliability.
    I understand what you're saying, but still I have to ask. Even if this woman personally hand delivered the video of this speech to you, it wouldn't change your opinion of her, would it?

Actually, what is your opinion of her, if you have one.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Here is the original article from May 2nd by Lee Kaplan outlining the speakers at San Francisco State University. Sorry again, cutie
    Well behaved women rarely make history

That is strange. I've read opinions concerning some of her comments that aren't making it into the press (like how she blames Israel) on "fringe" conservative discussion forums. Let's just say these people agree with her and don't go along with the neo-con party line.

Anywho, the story beginning this thread was pulled from Drudge because many of the quotes pulled from the June 24, 2004 interview could be out of context.

But as their meeting with the president approached, the family was faced with a dilemma as to what to say when faced with Casey's commander-in-chief.

"We haven't been happy with the way the war has been handled," Cindy said. "The president has changed his reasons for being over there every time a reason is proven false or an objective reached." .....

Sincerity was something Cindy had hoped to find in the meeting. Shortly after Casey died, Bush sent the family a form letter expressing his condolences, and Cindy said she felt it was an impersonal gesture. ....

"It's hard to lose a son," she said. "But we (all) lost a son in the Iraqi war."
    Original story

It's easy to twist words!

I'm going to have to go with what we are seeing with this woman is a smear job, plain and simple. She ain't playing by the PC book and she's getting just a bit too much attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by burnout

It's easy to twist words!

I'm going to have to go with what we are seeing with this woman is a smear job, plain and simple. She ain't playing by the PC book and she's getting just a bit too much attention.

I haven't caught up on this thread or this story yet -- but silent smear is classic bushleaque stuff.

Its what they did to John McCain when they questioned his patroitism and his support for wounded veterans, when they fed the smear that he'd fathered a ******* black child, when they smeared Max Cleland triple amputeed viet nam veteran running for Senator, when they smeared John Kerry vietnam naval war hero, and when they smeared Ambassador Joseph Wilson who had the balls to tell the truth about the Iraq lie. .
    People love their gossip. It must have an emotional appeal.
    "On April 27, there will be a press conference at 11:00AM to defend studentsí free speech rights at San Francisco State University with political prisoner and civil rights attorney Lynne Stewart, Matt Gonzalez, a member of the Green Party and former president of the SF Board of Supervisors.

Immediately following the press conference there will be a speaking event with Lynne Stewart, Matt Gonzalez, Peter Camejo, and Cindy Sheehan, co-founder of Gold Star Families for Peace and a member of Military Families Speak-Out in room 217 of the Business Building."

Doesnt take much to get from all those peeps were actually there to reading a transcript of their speeches. Here

Cutie, Cutie
    That speech is pretty tame.

Here's a nice post : link
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Here is the original article from May 2nd by Lee Kaplan outlining the speakers at San Francisco State University. Sorry again, cutie
    Tips hat.

I'll concede that this:
    http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles...e.asp?ID=17915
    appears to have been written far enough before the flap to be genuine. I concede.
    That speech is pretty tame.

Here's a nice post : link
    She can say whatever she wants, I just dont understand why she thinks the President would have another sit down with her while she is in this trance.
    Tips hat.

I'll concede that this:
    http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles...e.asp?ID=17915
    appears to have been written far enough before the flap to be genuine. I concede.
    Kisses
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I understand what you're saying, but still I have to ask. Even if this woman personally hand delivered the video of this speech to you, it wouldn't change your opinion of her, would it?

Actually, what is your opinion of her, if you have one.
    I have less of an opinion of her than I do of those who are acting with her lead. A positive one.

I think Shehan is less a catalyst but rather a representation of the zeitgeist our country is experiencing at the moment.
    She can say whatever she wants, I just dont understand why she thinks the President would have another sit down with her while she is in this trance.
    Maybe she is insane? Who knows.

You said:
    Interesting the "media" never picked up on it.
    It is taboo to discuss a certain country's influence in American politics in polite company. I'd like to know why "they" (the media) ever gave her any attention. Maybe they thought it was a good time for some fluff story of a grieving mother... whoopsie now it's time to pull the plug.
    I have less of an opinion of her than I do of those who are acting with her lead. A positive one.

I think Shehan is less a catalyst but rather a representation of the zeitgeist our country is experiencing at the moment.
    geez...I had to look that up
  16.    #396  

If she was the zeitgeist of our country there would be more than 100 people protesting with her in Crawfordville. Ridiculous statement dat. The media is propping this story up like a crutch.
    Maybe she is insane? Who knows.

You said:

It is taboo to discuss a certain country's influence in American politics in polite company. I'd like to know why "they" (the media) ever gave her any attention. Maybe they thought it was a good time for some fluff story of a grieving mother... whoopsie now it's time to pull the plug.
    No...its a perfect opportunity for the media to put a face on their anti-Bush reporting.
    Please use the monkee avatar - no misunderstanding, my dry humor didn't work

cool !
    If she was the zeitgeist of our country there would be more than 100 people protesting with her in Crawfordville. Ridiculous statement dat. The media is propping this story up like a crutch.
    I did not say she is the zeitgeist, just a pinpoint of focus. Last nights vigils represent the zeitgeist.
    geez...I had to look that up
    YOU had to look something up!?!?