Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    It doesn't seem to matter that her son gave his life for her right to speak, and that includes the right to say whatever the f she wants to. It doesn't seem to matter that she has sacrificed more than anyone else on this board for this "cause". It doesn't seem to matter that her son served with honor and respect, so it shouldn't matter if you agree with what she says, but she certainly has the right to say it.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Quote Originally Posted by chillig35
    that is quite unfair to characterize everyone who signed up like that.
    I didn't characterize anyone. I didn't say "the vast majority of people who signed up signed up for the vacation" or anything similar. I said if you did sign up for any reason other than to serve your country, you had an incorrect fantasy, as you never knew when your number would be called to do your job.

My wife's family has quite a few people who have served or are currently serving in some branch of the services, including one 20 year veteran who is about to leave his wife and 2 kids for another 1 year tour in Iraq in a month. Her family has served in Vietnam and both Gulf Wars, and I tell them all the time how much I appreciate the time they put in. And they've all gotten something out of it, whether it was citizenship, an education, or a career. But make no mistake about it, they all knew what they were getting into when they signed up, and my point was that if you're naive enough to think otherwise, you've got another thing coming.

But if we're going to characterize enlistees, there were a few reports of "conscientious objectors" when the war started. Why do you think those people signed up?
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by jstpa
    Did you miss BARYE's point intentionally or accidentally? His point is that the parents of soldiers have a right to expect competence from those soldiers' leaders, whether they be military or civilian leaders. It has nothing to do with fantasies about military life being a peaceful endeavor.
    I got BARYE's point just fine.
    I'm back!
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    It doesn't seem to matter that her son gave his life for her right to speak, and that includes the right to say whatever the f she wants to. It doesn't seem to matter that she has sacrificed more than anyone else on this board for this "cause". It doesn't seem to matter that her son served with honor and respect, so it shouldn't matter if you agree with what she says, but she certainly has the right to say it.
    Agreed. My point is she is making an a$s out of herself saying what she is saying. Certainly can say whatever she wants, the lib media is loving it. Unfortunately for them and as always, it makes no difference at the polls.
    Did you miss BARYE's point intentionally or accidentally? His point is that the parents of soldiers have a right to expect competence from those soldiers' leaders, whether they be military or civilian leaders. It has nothing to do with fantasies about military life being a peaceful endeavor.
    HERE HERE!

You see where conservative pundit's "Support the Troops" attitude goes when someone questions their flawed leadership's poor decisions and actions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Agreed. My point is she is making an a$s out of herself saying what she is saying. Certainly can say whatever she wants, the lib media is loving it. Unfortunately for them and as always, it makes no difference at the polls.
    I guess it's all part of how peeps grieve. In your heart, you know she doesnt mean it. It would show a complete lack of respect for what her son did. After all, it's not about her.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    I didn't characterize anyone. I didn't say "the vast majority of people who signed up signed up for the vacation" or anything similar. I said if you did sign up for any reason other than to serve your country, you had an incorrect fantasy, as you never knew when your number would be called to do your job.
    then who do you think has those fantasies? the mother of the dead son?

But if we're going to characterize enlistees, there were a few reports of "conscientious objectors" when the war started. Why do you think those people signed up?
    maybe because they had a conscience? and maybe many people (including the 77 senators) had second thoughts after they foundt that the reason why they signed on to the war in the first place (WMD) had changed, and Iraqis showed their gratitude for their liberation by shooting them in the back?
    Palm m505 -> Treo600 (GSM ATT) -> Treo650 (Cingular) -> BB8700g -> BB Pearl
    "The point of living and of being an optimist, is to be foolish enough to believe the best is yet to come."
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    HERE HERE!

You see where conservative pundit's "Support the Troops" attitude goes when someone questions their flawed leadership's poor decisions and actions.
    Which is why I didn't address BARYE's points directly because you see where the liberal pundits "It's a conservative Christian conspiracy!" attitude goes when you support the President and think that Wilson is full of crap.

It's always the same story.
    I'm back!
    Which is why I didn't address BARYE's points directly because you see where the liberal pundits "It's a conservative Christian conspiracy!" attitude goes when you support the President and think that Wilson is full of crap.

WTF are you talking about? Wilson? Christian? Are you hearing internal voices?
    maybe because they had a conscience?
    Maybe because they had a fantasy.
    I'm back!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Yes, they're the ones on the opposite side of the fence as yours.

In BARYE's post about a grieving mother, I got the fixed intelligence, vote rescheduling, and Wilson/Plame outing conspiracies.

All right out of the libs playbook.

I didn't see the need to address any of those, since none had anything to do with the point.
    I'm back!
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts

And yet you quoted BARYE's post. You are a dishonest person.
    And yet you quoted BARYE's post. You are a dishonest person.
    Just call him a pitbull and let's get it on
    Maybe because they had a fantasy.
    many folks who signed up for the National Guard were told (pre-war) that they would be only deployed only for homeland security, and would not be sent of the country. Now most of them are in Iraq. I would say that the fantasy was in the minds of the leaders (like Rummy) who were confident that they could pull this off without adequate troops on the ground (even though the military establishment did not agree with that assessment)
    "The point of living and of being an optimist, is to be foolish enough to believe the best is yet to come."
  16.    #36  
    chillig35,
    asked my brother who is active military after doing a search w/Google. Couldn't find where Natl Guard was telling recruits they would only be working w/homeland security. Where did u read this?
    My brother-in-law (who enlisted and is in the Rangers) worked with the NG recruiters for a while back in 2000 to 2002. Both he others who signed up for the NG told me this personally.
    My brother-in-law (who enlisted and is in the Rangers) worked with the NG recruiters for a while back in 2000 to 2002. Both he others who signed up for the NG told me this personally.
    That has never been the policy of the Guard. So is your brother-in-law in the Guard or Army?

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    That has never been the policy of the Guard. So is your brother-in-law in the Guard or Army?
    initially in the Guard (before 2000) then enlisted in the Army
    initially in the Guard (before 2000) then enlisted in the Army
    Okay, got it. Couldn't figure out what was going on...

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast