Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Wow, what about the Iraqi people? Leave immediately and have them be murdered by the terrorists? Iraq would eventually be a pre-911 for terrorists. Bad plan barry

you may want to turn on the (anything but faux) news -- you might be surprised by what you'll see:

the iraqi people are being killed by terrorists,

it has become the MOTHER OF ALL TRAINING SCHOOLS for terrorists.
    It is now far worse than what rural Afganistan was pre-911.

Our very presence -- needed prop up the hollow govt that we created, and prevent its immediate collapse -- simultaneusly has created the corrosive conditions which will destroy that govt and the "moderates" who might have once have wanted to be western oriented and our friends.
    Last edited by BARYE; 08/15/2005 at 02:47 PM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  2.    #342  
    It certainly would get much, much worse, not better if coalition left.

Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    you may want to turn on the (anything but faux) news -- you might be surprised by what you'll see:

the iraqi people are being killed by terrorists,

it has become the MOTHER OF ALL TRAINING SCHOOLS for terrorists.
    It is now far worse than what rural Afganistan was pre-911.

Our very presence -- needed prop up the hollow govt that we created, and prevent its immediate collapse -- simultaneusly has created the corrosive conditions which will destroy that govt and the "moderates" who might have once have wanted to be western oriented and our friends.
    You may be right Advance. But my concern is this: when we get to the point where we say 1) All the terrorists are defeated 2) Iraq has the government and security in place AND we pull out...does anyone really think that the terrorism that has plagued that region for 10's of years (arguably longer) is not going to rear its ugly head once again?

If the answer is yes, then that begs the question of "Is what we are doing in Iraq worth all the american lives and money?" Im not sure I could say yes.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

coalition -- coalition ??

last I checked, the poles Salvadorians, italians, poles, philiphinos, etc etc etc have long left or will soon leave -- and that tissue of bought fiction will be like yesterday's water on the sands of iraq's desert ...
    coalition -- coalition ??

last I checked, the poles Salvadorians, italians, poles, philiphinos, etc etc etc have long left or will soon leave -- and that tissue of bought fiction will be like yesterday's water on the sands of iraq's desert ...
    The Poles were there twice?
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x

we hung our proverbial tent on them, afterall
    we hung our proverbial tent on them, afterall
    Bah dum dum!

BARYE will be here all week, ladies and gentlemen!

I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    Sure, what did you think? South Poles and North Poles of course.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Here is an interesting article for those who might want a little more information on links to Saddam and terrorist (prior to 9-11).

www.HusseinAndTerror.com
    from salon magazine

It gets ugly in Crawford

We thought the blowback against Cindy Sheehan hit rock bottom when Bill O'Reilly suggested that her vigil in Crawford, Texas, "borders on treasonous" and Michelle Malkin offered up the view that Sheehan's dead son wouldn't approve. Then we thought it couldn't get any worse when the president of the United States said he couldn't take the time to meet with Sheehan because his exercise schedule was more important.

We were wrong. On Monday night, a driver in a pickup truck rammed through rows of white crosses Sheehan and her supporters have placed across a road near the president's Crawford ranch. So much for supporting the troops: The crosses bore the names of soldiers who were killed in the war in Iraq.

Monday night's incident was just the latest sign that things are getting ugly in Crawford. Over the weekend, one of Bush's neighbors fired a shotgun in the air as Sheehan and her supporters began a prayer service. He said he was getting ready to hunt doves. And according to a Bloomberg News report, some of Bush's Crawford neighbors plan to go to court in Waco today to seek an order prohibiting anyone from parking or stopping on roads near Bush's ranch.

The neighbors' efforts could run into a roadblock stronger than the white crosses that once stretched across the roadway. It's called the U.S. Constitution, the First Amendment to which protects the right of the people "to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
    how many illegals are crossing our borders ??

we apparently are not doing so well at that --- so you're expecting a worn down exhausted army, undermanned and over stretched, who are foriegners in a foriegn place, who don't know the culture or language, to succeed at a task we can't do here ?

...seems simple enough
    This is probably among the top of the list of complaints I have against Bush. The big differences are....Bush has not taken the steps that we do have available to us to help secure the border. An issue of haven't done vs cannot do.

Syria...supports terrorists. It openly states it will try to support the border. But obviously doesn't try to do it very hard.

Iran....openly denies support to terrorist. But bombs are being found that are coming from there.

Iraq...not on it's feet enough to effectly manage the border.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    This is probably among the top of the list of complaints I have against Bush. The big differences are....Bush has not taken the steps that we do have available to us to help secure the border. An issue of haven't done vs cannot do.

Syria...supports terrorists. It openly states it will try to support the border. But obviously doesn't try to do it very hard.

Iran....openly denies support to terrorist. But bombs are being found that are coming from there.

Iraq...not on it's feet enough to effectly manage the border.
    as is TOO often the case Hobbes, we come from different sides of the fence -- to arrive at the same "border"
    from salon magazine

It gets ugly in Crawford

We thought the blowback against Cindy Sheehan hit rock bottom when Bill O'Reilly suggested that her vigil in Crawford, Texas, "borders on treasonous" and Michelle Malkin offered up the view that Sheehan's dead son wouldn't approve. Then we thought it couldn't get any worse when the president of the United States said he couldn't take the time to meet with Sheehan because his exercise schedule was more important.

We were wrong. On Monday night, a driver in a pickup truck rammed through rows of white crosses Sheehan and her supporters have placed across a road near the president's Crawford ranch. So much for supporting the troops: The crosses bore the names of soldiers who were killed in the war in Iraq.

Monday night's incident was just the latest sign that things are getting ugly in Crawford. Over the weekend, one of Bush's neighbors fired a shotgun in the air as Sheehan and her supporters began a prayer service. He said he was getting ready to hunt doves. And according to a Bloomberg News report, some of Bush's Crawford neighbors plan to go to court in Waco today to seek an order prohibiting anyone from parking or stopping on roads near Bush's ranch.

The neighbors' efforts could run into a roadblock stronger than the white crosses that once stretched across the roadway. It's called the U.S. Constitution, the First Amendment to which protects the right of the people "to petition the government for a redress of grievances."
    Appears you are wrong about the comments you attribure to O'Reilly
    Story Here
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Appears you are wrong about the comments you attribure to O'Reilly
    Story Here

cool Clairgrrl -- I never saw the original (seldom see that slime talking hypocrite anyway).

What I posted was from Salon Magazine -- but I wonder what o'really originally said. Was it a different but similar aspersion on that good soldier's loving and wounded mother ??

I read the stuff you linked to -- but other than the denial, there's no transcript of the specific original words that he actually used.
    cool Clairgrrl -- I never saw the original (seldom see that slime talking hypocrite anyway).

What I posted was from Salon Magazine -- but I wonder what o'really originally said. Was it a different but similar aspersion on that good soldier's loving and wounded mother ??

I read the stuff you linked to -- but other than the denial, there's no transcript of the specific original words that he actually used.
    I dont know...I saw the retraction from the NYT and worked backwards. I dont know what was said either. Just wanted to make sure that you were aware of what was going on.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Bush Neighbor Lets War Protesters Use Land
    By ANGELA K. BROWN, Associated Press

CRAWFORD, Texas - One of President Bush's neighbors will allow use of his land by dozens of war protesters who have camped in roadside ditches the past 11 days, giving them more room and halving their distance from Bush's ranch.

Fred Mattlage, an Army veteran, said he sympathizes with the demonstrators whose makeshift camp off the winding, two-lane road leading to Bush's ranch has angered most residents. Mattlage said the group will be safer on his corner 1-acre lot.

"I just think people should have a right to protest without being harassed," Mattlage told The Associated Press on Tuesday night. "And I'm against the war. I don't think it's a war we need to be in." ...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050817/...e_us/peace_mom
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts

Do you think there is a chance that the reporter made up the statement? Nah could'nt be that now could it.
  19.    #359  
    Too much levity here in O/T..Let's get back to the Road Runner show...

Good luck getting that 2nd sit down with President Bush Cindy...

CINDY UNLEASHED: 'THE BIGGEST TERRORIST IN THE WORLD IS GEORGE W. BUSH'
    Wed Aug 17 2005 21:51:56 ET

"We are not waging a war on terror in this country. We’re waging a war of terror. The biggest terrorist in the world is George W. Bush!"

So declared Cindy Sheehan earlier this year during a rally at San Francisco State University.

Sheehan, who is demanding a second meeting with Bush, stated: "We are waging a nuclear war in Iraq right now. That country is contaminated. It will be contaminated for practically eternity now."

Sheehan unleashed a foul-mouth tirade on April 27, 2005:

"They’re a bunch of fuxking hypocrites! And we need to, we just need to rise up..." Sheehan said of the Bush administration.

"If George Bush believes his rhetoric and his bullsh!t, that this is a war for freedom and democracy, that he is spreading freedom and democracy, does he think every person he kills makes Iraq more free?"

"The whole world is damaged. Our humanity is damaged. If he thinks that it’s so important for Iraq to have a U.S.-imposed sense of freedom and democracy, then he needs to sign up his two little party-animal girls. They need to go to this war."

"We want our country back and, if we have to impeach everybody from George Bush down to the person who picks up dog sh*t in Washington, we will impeach all those people."
    Too much levity here in O/T..Let's get back to the Road Runner show...

Good luck getting that 2nd sit down with President Bush Cindy...

CINDY UNLEASHED: 'THE BIGGEST TERRORIST IN THE WORLD IS GEORGE W. BUSH'
    Wed Aug 17 2005 21:51:56 ET

"We are not waging a war on terror in this country. We’re waging a war of terror. The biggest terrorist in the world is George W. Bush!"

So declared Cindy Sheehan earlier this year during a rally at San Francisco State University.

Sheehan, who is demanding a second meeting with Bush, stated: "We are waging a nuclear war in Iraq right now. That country is contaminated. It will be contaminated for practically eternity now."

Sheehan unleashed a foul-mouth tirade on April 27, 2005:

"They’re a bunch of fuxking hypocrites! And we need to, we just need to rise up..." Sheehan said of the Bush administration.

"If George Bush believes his rhetoric and his bullsh!t, that this is a war for freedom and democracy, that he is spreading freedom and democracy, does he think every person he kills makes Iraq more free?"

"The whole world is damaged. Our humanity is damaged. If he thinks that it’s so important for Iraq to have a U.S.-imposed sense of freedom and democracy, then he needs to sign up his two little party-animal girls. They need to go to this war."

"We want our country back and, if we have to impeach everybody from George Bush down to the person who picks up dog sh*t in Washington, we will impeach all those people."

Ok, I'm having a little trouble with this quote as I only see it on two sites and they're both conservative. Please show a slightly reliable source for this quote.