Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
    But one could also make the argument that anyone who felt the need to put "lables" on themselves are losers to begin with.

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    CM - No u didn't say 'quit'. I threw out an assumption since u won't answer how u would do the Iraq job different. U r a complainer with no alternative plan. Anyone can complain, few can lead and do the job. That is the difference between Conservatives (doers) and Liberals (complainers).
    If a liberal were in the white house, you would be complaining your **** off, I guaranttee it. I do not mean to complain, it is just that I disagree with policies by this admin. I do not mean nor want to make anything personal about this to anyone here.
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    All conservatives do is complain about liberals, if a liberal were in the white house, you would be complaining your **** off, I guaranttee it.
    about?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I do not know how someone could complain in that situation?
  5.    #325  
    Please provide even one example of a policy that you would propose to be different. Don't you see, you spit this complaining out and offer no solution.

If a liberal were in the white house, you would be complaining your **** off, I guaranttee it. I do not mean to complain, it is just that I disagree with policies by this admin. I do not mean nor want to make anything personal about this to anyone here.
    The argument is never ending here, we can argue and argue and argue, but in the end, what does it accomplish?

I want to say that I do agree with others here that we should stay in Iraq for now and finish what we started. It is the only recourse we have and we should do it as well as we can, to ensure Iraq is a friendly somewhat democratic ally of the US. I would be very happy with that. This would somewhat counterbalance all of the negative effects of the war, but you dont want to hear about that, it is complaining.

But having agreement on the only rational way to troubleshoot a bad situation does not excuse the many poor decisions that led to it in the first place, which I hope are not repeated in the future. There, you do not have to hear my complaining about it any more, I am done.
    Last edited by cellmatrix; 08/15/2005 at 08:41 AM.
  7.    #327  
    Well not arguing. You complained with no alternative and I was asking for any other suggestion. Your final analysis on what to do is the same as mine. What more can we do now that we are where we are? Not much. I have a couple of ideas below. We have a ton of our troops there now, we are training, we are building bridges, roads and other forms of infrastructure, etc. My suggestion, and it is probably being done silently is to get other mideast countries to fight harder against terrorism. I mean wtf is wrong with Saudi Arabia? Seems more terrorists come out of that country. Why can't we put an incredible amount of manpower along all of the borders around Iraq instead of complaining to Iran, Syria and Saudi Arabia to do a better job of not letting terrorists come in to Iraq. I mean do we really deep down trust these countries? No, each harbors terrorists, why would we think they are really gonna try and keep bad people from crossing into Iraq?!

The argument is never ending here, we can argue and argue and argue, but in the end, what does it accomplish?

I want to say that I do agree with others here that we should stay in Iraq for now and finish what we started. It is the only recourse we have and we should do it as well as we can, to ensure Iraq is a friendly somewhat democratic ally of the US. I would be very happy with that.

But having agreement on the only rational way to troubleshoot a bad situation does not excuse the many poor decisions that led to it in the first place, and simply I am making the statement that I would not like to see it repeated in the future. There, you do not have to hear my complaining about it any more, I am done.
    Well not arguing. You complained with no alternative and I was asking for any other suggestion. Your final analysis on what to do is the same as mine. What more can we do now that we are where we are? Not much. I have a couple of ideas below. We have a ton of our troops there now, we are training, we are building bridges, roads and other forms of infrastructure, etc. My suggestion, and it is probably being done silently is to get other mideast countries to fight harder against terrorism. I mean wtf is wrong with Saudi Arabia? Seems more terrorists come out of that country. Why can't we put an incredible amount of manpower along all of the borders around Iraq instead of complaining to Iran, Syria and Saudi Arabia to do a better job of not letting terrorists come in to Iraq. I mean do we really deep down trust these countries? No, each harbors terrorists, why would we think they are really gonna try and keep bad people from crossing into Iraq?!
    Sure, bolster the Iran/Syrian/Arabian borders is certainly needed. If we can pull that off withoug diluting too few troops in the cities to defend the people against the terrorists who already got in. Thats not a bad idea at all.

How about this idea? In addition to efforts to train the Iraqis in security and defense, we can be massively training them and aiding them in technology to drill, refine and sell their own oil, things that will help them in the long run rather than letting US oil companies come in and do it for them. Maybe it would further serve as an example to the rest of the Arab world as to our good intentions?
  9.    #329  
    I don't know much about who is drilling in Iraq. No clue what companies are profiting. Sounds like a good idea, but gotta be careful. Who should profit, the Iraqi govt or Iraqi individuals. Iraq's should decide this. Hopefully this is on their agenda. Can't imagine they would want companies outside their country to be reaping the profits.

Sure, bolster the Iran/Syrian/Arabian borders is certainly needed. If we can pull that off withoug diluting too few troops in the cities to defend the people against the terrorists who already got in. Thats not a bad idea at all.

How about this idea? In addition to efforts to train the Iraqis in security and defense, we can be massively training them and aiding them in technology to drill, refine and sell their own oil, things that will help them in the long run rather than letting US oil companies come in and do it for them. Maybe it would further serve as an example to the rest of the Arab world as to our good intentions?
    Why can't we put an incredible amount of manpower along all of the borders around Iraq instead of complaining to Iran, Syria and Saudi Arabia to do a better job of not letting terrorists come in to Iraq.
    Simple: because that manpower doesn't exist.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
  11.    #331  
    Are there drones flying the area? Is Iraq providing additional manpower to the borders?

Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    Simple: because that manpower doesn't exist.
    Are there drones flying the area? Is Iraq providing additional manpower to the borders?
    I'm sure they would if they could. Just as they would sell more oil if they could, both in the interest of Iraq and of the US.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Oh wait, gotta go over Rafael Palmeiro's pee test...
    ...which reminds me, Does this woman have a permit to "Camp" on a public highway?

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

how many illegals are crossing our borders ??

we apparently are not doing so well at that --- so you're expecting a worn down exhausted army, undermanned and over stretched, who are foriegners in a foriegn place, who don't know the culture or language, to succeed at a task we can't do here ?

...seems simple enough
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLiveSoundGuy
    ...which reminds me, Does this woman have a permit to "Camp" on a public highway?
    probably not. Her Husband just filed for divorce...she may get served in her "camp"!
  16.    #336  
    What's your plan? Leave?

Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    how many illegals are crossing our borders ??

we apparently are not doing so well at that --- so you're expecting a worn down exhausted army, undermanned and over stretched, who are foriegners in a foriegn place, who don't know the culture or language, to succeed at a task we can't do here ?

...seems simple enough
  17.    #337  
    Quote Originally Posted by ttrundle
    probably not. Her Husband just filed for divorce...she may get served in her "camp"!
    Is that true? Her husband is probably humiliated.
    it's true.....apparently they have been separated since June 1st though.
    What's your plan? Leave?
    We will leave --- when and after how many lost lives and limbs is the question that still needs to be answered.

How can this catastrophe be "solved" if it has not yet been honestly, objectively understood ???

If your CEO had the brilliant idea to invest in hollow mergers and use phony accounting, you wouldn't let him hang around so that he could clean up the mess. You'd fire him. Then you would get someone new in not beholden to a hidden agenda to disguise the original idiocy, and put the ******* who's to blame, in jail. (i.e Worldcom and hopefully Enron)

Iraq is exactly analagous.

First part of a good plan to get out of the hole your in, is to stop digging.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  20.    #340  
    Wow, what about the Iraqi people? Leave immediately and have them be murdered by the terrorists? Iraq would eventually be a pre-911 for terrorists. Bad plan barry

Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    We will leave --- when and after how many lost lives and limbs is the question that still needs to be answered.

How can this catastrophe be "solved" if it has not yet been honestly, objectively understood ???

If your CEO had the brilliant idea to invest in hollow mergers and use phony accounting, you wouldn't let him hang around so that he could clean up the mess. You'd fire him. Then you would get someone new in not beholden to a hidden agenda to disguise the original idiocy, and put the ******* who's to blame, in jail. (i.e Worldcom and hopefully Enron)

Iraq is exactly analagous.

First part of a good plan to get out of the hole your in, is to stop digging.