Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
  1.    #301  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Whoop Bam!
    upppp, one more post as I just saw dat post. Good for Gore on the award! I certainly appreciate the internet! btw, does that get him Florida yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    http://www.webbyawards.com/webbys/specialwin.php

The Webby Lifetime Achievement Award: Former Vice President Al Gore

Setting the record straight on one of recent history's most persistent political myths, The Webby Awards will present Former Vice President Al Gore with The Webby Lifetime Achievement Award in recognition of the pivotal role he has played in the development of the internet over the past three decades. Vint Cerf, widely credited as one of the "fathers of the internet," will present Vice President Gore with the award.
    This is only because Gore, bought this award. He has been slipping Vint Cerf financial and political favors under the table for years ever since he made the fateful remark that he invented the internet. He has also offerred Vince a great deal of coverage on his new TV Network with little compensation beyond the award in return. This is just a personally sponsored and motivated crusade to recover as many of his losses in the political arena as possible. This is Gore's low and proudful attempt to redeem himself from one of the classic politically laughed at quotes in modern history.

Of course I cannot cite any of this. This is only my opinion. I have never seen Gore state anything towards this conclusion. But since I hate Gore SOOOO much, my OPINION has to be factually true. My heart would not lead me astray this far if it wasn't accurate.

(Please note that this post is a satire of the reasoning of the claims Barye has brought about Bush in this thread)

(PS...I really personally don't like Gore. But from what I have seen so far, and I am always open to information, this does appear to be a ligit award, though I am still unclear on what he actually did do.)
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 08/11/2005 at 11:08 PM.
    I going to work but its been fun jousting with you all, though for the last hour or so I felt rather like Uma Thurman in KILL BILL

(or to paraphrase Groucho, "I'd rather have felt Uma")
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Yep, gotta get some work done myself. Nothing personal to anyone I may or may not have offended.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal

Of course I cannot cite any of this. This is only my opinion. I have never seen Gore state anything towards this conclusion. But since I hate Gore SOOOO much, my OPINION has to be factually true. My heart would not lead me astray this far if wasn't accurate.

755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
  7.    #307  
    Why would Bush meet with what has turned from a grieving mom to a liberal nut job? If they met she would probably throw blood on him and attack him. She is expanding her cause to Palenstine now.

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX AUG 14, 2005 08:02:39 ET XXXXX

BUSH PROTESTING MOM CALLS FOR 'ISRAEL OUT OF PALESTINE'; VOWS NOT TO PAY TAXES

Anti-war protestor Cindy Sheehan, whose soldier son Casey was killed in Iraq, is calling for Bush's "impeachment," and for Israel to get out of Palestine!

"You get America out of Iraq and Israel out of Palestine and you'll stop the terrorism," Sheehan declares.

Sheehan, who is asking for a second meeting with President Bush, says defiantly: "My son was killed in 2004. I am not paying my taxes for 2004. You killed my son, George Bush, and I don't owe you a penny...you give my son back and I'll pay my taxes. Come after me (for back taxes) and we'll put this war on trial."

"And now I'm going to use another 'I' word - impeachment - because we cannot have these people pardoned. They need to be tried on war crimes and go to jail."

The 48-year-old California mom remains tented up in a ditch along the one-lane road that leads to Bush's Texas ranch.

As her protest entered its second week, hundreds of people with conflicting opinions about the war in Iraq descended on the area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Why would Bush meet with what has turned from a grieving mom to a liberal nut job? If they met she would probably throw blood on him and attack him. She is expanding her cause to Palenstine now.

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX AUG 14, 2005 08:02:39 ET XXXXX

BUSH PROTESTING MOM CALLS FOR 'ISRAEL OUT OF PALESTINE'; VOWS NOT TO PAY TAXES

Anti-war protestor Cindy Sheehan, whose soldier son Casey was killed in Iraq, is calling for Bush's "impeachment," and for Israel to get out of Palestine!

"You get America out of Iraq and Israel out of Palestine and you'll stop the terrorism," Sheehan declares.

Sheehan, who is asking for a second meeting with President Bush, says defiantly: "My son was killed in 2004. I am not paying my taxes for 2004. You killed my son, George Bush, and I don't owe you a penny...you give my son back and I'll pay my taxes. Come after me (for back taxes) and we'll put this war on trial."

"And now I'm going to use another 'I' word - impeachment - because we cannot have these people pardoned. They need to be tried on war crimes and go to jail."

The 48-year-old California mom remains tented up in a ditch along the one-lane road that leads to Bush's Texas ranch.

As her protest entered its second week, hundreds of people with conflicting opinions about the war in Iraq descended on the area.
    If she has a job, I would suspect she's already paid her 2004 taxes. That wouldnt make a good sound bite.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Just saw this - perhaps there is a human side to the Prez - which the left will try to deny.
    Palm m505 -> Treo600 (GSM ATT) -> Treo650 (Cingular) -> BB8700g -> BB Pearl
    "The point of living and of being an optimist, is to be foolish enough to believe the best is yet to come."
  10.    #310  
    He is an awesome person. Too bad the left is too blinded to see this. They are so scared he goes to church (portrayed as kookie), stays the course and not worried what other countries think if he feels it is right (portrayed as too much swagger). The left is too busy mocking him, saying he's dumb and crying he cheated.

Quote Originally Posted by chillig35
    Just saw this - perhaps there is a human side to the Prez - which the left will try to deny.
    Our pres is a nice guy, I think that is his appeal. He goes to church, great! Nothing kookie about that. Is he a competent president? Totally different issue.
  12.    #312  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    Our pres is a nice guy, I think that is his appeal. He goes to church, great! Nothing kookie about that. Is he a competent president? Totally different issue.
    He beat Gore and Kerry. Would those two have done the same thing? Yes. Or they would have been run out of office by some members of their own party. Hell, Kerry voted for the war as a Senator - of course he would have ordered for war as President. Would the war have gone any differently? Unless I hear a really good reason to think it would, I have to say no. No question I think Bush was shocked on the massive number of terrorists. It is the right thing to stay until the job is done. The alternative would unleash even more support for the murderers. I would love to hear some of your suggestions on how to handle the situation as it sits today. i.e. not that we shouldn't have gone in the first place, etc.
    He beat Gore and Kerry. Would those two have done the same thing? Yes. Or they would have been run out of office by some members of their own party. Hell, Kerry voted for the war as a Senator - of course he would have ordered for war as President. Would the war have gone any differently? Unless I hear a really good reason to think it would, I have to say no. No question I think Bush was shocked on the massive number of terrorists. It is the right thing to stay until the job is done. The alternative would unleash even more support for the murderers. I would love to hear some of your suggestions on how to handle the situation as it sits today. i.e. not that we shouldn't have gone in the first place, etc.
    I think Bush right now only has about a 34% approval rating on his performance on the war in Iraq. I'll just leave it at that.
    Last edited by cellmatrix; 08/14/2005 at 10:14 PM.
  14.    #314  
    I think Bush right now only has about a 34% approval rating on his performance on the war in Iraq. I'll just leave it at that.
    Yes I know. Great gameplan.
    Yes I know. Great gameplan.
    The way to fix a problem is to first realize that you have made a mistake?
    all but a third of the country, but not you apparantly, realizes that.
  16.    #316  
    Glad polls weren't our during the Revolutionary War, WW I, WW II, etc. You vote people into office, you don't vote to turn on/off wars. I thought you had a solution, no just another follower.

The way to fix a problem is to first realize that you have made a mistake?
    all but a third of the country, but not you apparantly, realizes that.
    You seem to tie together approval of the president's actions to date and consensus on what to do now. They are two different things.

Cleaning up the mess in Iraq will be difficult but neccessary. But that would not detract me from being critical of the people who got us there in the first place.
  18.    #318  
    Cleaning up the mess in Iraq will be difficult but neccessary. But that would not detract me from being critical of the people who got us there in the first place.
    Great, cleaning up the mess in Iraq. How do you clean Iraq up? What would you do differently than what is happening now? More troops? Less troops?

War sux, I want it to end yesterday - but you don't quit. Especially with so many civilians being murdered by thugs.
    War sux, I want it to end yesterday - but you don't quit. Especially with so many civilians being murdered by thugs.
    Hey advance, guess what?

I did not say quit.

Did you hear me say quit?

What about my post said quit?

You are just putting words in my mouth, thanks a lot for a rational discussion, good night.
  20.    #320  
    CM - No u didn't say 'quit'. I threw out an assumption since u won't answer how u would do the Iraq job different. U r a complainer with no alternative plan. Anyone can complain, few can lead and do the job. That is the difference between Conservatives (doers) and Liberals (complainers).