Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 727
  1. #201  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Heroic record! Yeah, if you read his citations written/edited by him. If you can still find the original citations from the Navy I think you will read a different story.

    Listen to how good I tell you I am and do not listen the numerous witness' who saw what I did and have a different account of how good I am.

    Why don't you just stop with voices of the REPUBLICAN Conservative Green Beret that he pulled from the water under fire -- or the members of his crew !!
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  2. #202  
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Apparently not accurate as you stated. The liberal media proposed this, but it was based on a deck of cards.

    the only challenged fact was how much influence did daddy's friends have in getting him into the guard despite a bad academic record, and ahead of many other applicants who were also looking for a place to hide out from being shot at
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  3. #203  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    I disagree that he was impotent since Gulf War I. If we had finished the job then we would not be there now. However, the peace activists did not want us to take out the invader, just get him out of Kuwait. Oh we can not invade that country let's just protect his neighbor and then put up these sanctions, I know he will follow the UN sanctions now.
    Maybe reading, in Bush Sr.'s OWN words, will point out it was NOT 'peace activists' making that decision (and do you see any of the below predictions which came true??):
    While we hoped that popular revolt or coup would topple Saddam, neither the U.S. nor the countries of the region wished to see the breakup of the Iraqi state. We were concerned about the long-term balance of power at the head of the Gulf. Trying to eliminate Saddam, extending the ground war into an occupation of Iraq, would have violated our guideline about not changing objectives in midstream, engaging in "mission creep," and would have incurred incalculable human and political costs. Apprehending him was probably impossible. We had been unable to find Noriega in Panama, which we knew intimately. We would have been forced to occupy Baghdad and, in effect, rule Iraq. The coalition would instantly have collapsed, the Arabs deserting it in anger and other allies pulling out as well. Under those circumstances, furthermore, we had been self-consciously trying to set a pattern for handling aggression in the post-cold war world. Going in and occupying Iraq, thus unilaterally exceeding the U.N.'s mandate, would have destroyed the precedent of international response to aggression we hoped to establish. Had we gone the invasion route, the U.S. could conceivably still be an occupying power in a bitterly hostile land. It would have been a dramatically different--and perhaps barren--outcome."

    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    I wonder why he continued to seek WMDs from Russia and hide things from the UN. Do you really think Saddam was content with what he had or do you think he may have really been trying to rebuild his army to once again attack a smaller country for his own gain.
    You're going to have to cite the Russian WMD story please. What was being hidden from the U.N.?? There's no WMD there. There's no fawking program. NOTHING! You do realize that Husseing lost the entire Northern territory after Gulf I right?

    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    I do not have any complaints if there is a need to take out other dictators and tyrants. But, realize there will be casualties there also
    Glad to hear it. Would you mind pointing out a situationof inhumanity happening on the globe rioght now we should address? Oh and try to make it one NOT from the Bush Neo-Cons please.
  4.    #204  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    the only challenged fact was how much influence did daddy's friends have in getting him into the guard despite a bad academic record, and ahead of many other applicants who were also looking for a place to hide out from being shot at
    Not accurate...again. You quote initial blog and inaccurate, liberal media statements that in the end were never proven. In fact Bush had a better gpa than Kerry. Amazing how things are mis-represented.
  5. #205  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Hey, sure did. Neither had great record in that department though did they.
    Holy crap! In combat in Vietnam equates to hiding out in the Air National Guard to you? That's prety twisted. Man, when you drink the kool aid you don't fool around do you?
  6. #206  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    What was your stance on Milosevic, and on us bombing the crap out of the former Yugo states? Just out of curiousity.

    (I was against it, just to be fair)
    Gotta be honest and say at the time wasn't focused on it.
  7. #207  
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Not accurate...again. You quote initial blog and inaccurate, liberal media statements that in the end were never proven. In fact Bush had a better gpa than Kerry. Amazing how things are mis-represented.

    nothing to with Kerry -- (who nobly enlisted in the navy despite opposing the war -- and VOLUTEERED for the brown water PT boats after his best friend was killed in Viet Nam)

    What mattered is that junior's GPA was lower than others applying to the Texas Air Nat. Guard -- who did not get in
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  8.    #208  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Holy crap! In combat in Vietnam equates to hiding out in the Air National Guard to you? That's prety twisted.
    Not accurate. This was widely reported, but appears to be an opinion of many liberal pundits.
  9. #209  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    I supported what Clinton did -- he (and I) wanted to move earlier, but was constrained by stupid Euro and neo-con opposition.

    Briliantly, he succeeded without a SINGLE american soldier dying (against the views of conservatives and most of the military)
    Why? What possible threat or interest was a Civil War in a small European country to us? Even you think the ONLY REASON we went back to Iraq was for oil, at least that is a vital interest to our nations (and the worlds) economy, as so stated in the Carter Doctrine.

    There was less reason for us to be involved in Yugoslavia then Iraq, yet oddly you support it? Wouldn't have anything to do with the occupant of the White House during these times, would it??

    How about when Bill Clinton lobbed cruise missles into Baghdad for four straight days. Good thing then? (yes, it was, should've finished it. But...)
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  10.    #210  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    What mattered is that junior's GPA was lower than others applying to the Texas Air Nat. Guard -- who did not get in
    Never heard this. Please cite.
  11. #211  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Gotta be honest and say at the time wasn't focused on it.
    That's fair. I'll accept that. Thank you for the honesty.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  12. #212  
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Not accurate. This was widely reported, but appears to be an opinion of many liberal pundits.

    the heads of conservative lovers of junior would explode if they were truly forced to accept that this is the truth:

    that the great generalissomo was a COWARD and a PHONEY !!!
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  13. #213  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Heroic record! Yeah, if you read his citations written/edited by him. If you can still find the original citations from the Navy I think you will read a different story.

    Listen to how good I tell you I am and do not listen the numerous witness' who saw what I did and have a different account of how good I am.
    Election politics aside. You are discrediting a man who voluntarily went into combat for this country. That's not kewl but apparently you have little REAL respect for those in the military. Just when it serves your political objectives.
  14. #214  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    the heads of conservative lovers of junior would explode if they were truly forced to accept that this is the truth:

    that the great generalissomo was a COWARD and a PHONEY !!!
    Oh, the politics of personal destruction ...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  15. #215  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    I can locate as many articles supporting or denouncing the action. Just because it is in print does not mean squat.
    You COULD but you NEVER do.
  16.    #216  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    the heads of conservative lovers of junior would explode if they were truly forced to accept that this is the truth:

    that the great generalissomo was a COWARD and a PHONEY !!!
  17. #217  
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Not accurate...again. You quote initial blog and inaccurate, liberal media statements that in the end were never proven. In fact Bush had a better gpa than Kerry. Amazing how things are mis-represented.
    Point is, he hid out in the Guard like all the other rich boys, except for Kerry who fought.
  18. #218  
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Not accurate. This was widely reported, but appears to be an opinion of many liberal pundits.
    Pull your head out of that hole dude. Nothing is more factual than that.
  19. #219  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Why? What possible threat or interest was a Civil War in a small European country to us? Even you think the ONLY REASON we went back to Iraq was for oil, at least that is a vital interest to our nations (and the worlds) economy, as so stated in the Carter Doctrine.

    There was less reason for us to be involved in Yugoslavia then Iraq, yet oddly you support it? Wouldn't have anything to do with the occupant of the White House during these times, would it??

    How about when Bill Clinton lobbed cruise missles into Baghdad for four straight days. Good thing then? (yes, it was, should've finished it. But...)

    If you can do the right thing, stand up for the innocent against tyrants and murderers, and if do it intelligently with minimal cost in lives or treasure -- we should do it.

    Doing the humane thing also rebounds to us later in the gloabal indirect sense as well. Even moslems who were rightly angry that we had watched the savagery of Sarajevo and Bosnia, appreciated that we'd finally done something.

    I wished we done something in Rwanda as well. (Somalia was daddy's idea -- I alsways thought it was IDIOCY !!!)
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  20.    #220  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Point is, he hid out in the Guard like all the other rich boys, except for Kerry who fought.
    Appreciate your opinion, but if the liberal media didn't uncover it and prove it, and believe me they tried, it must be inaccurate. Seems leading up to the election, liberal media would report, deny then recant.

Posting Permissions