Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ridiculous.

LINK
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Ridiculous.

LINK
    Yeah, I'm very curious as to what this will mean for my Seminoles. No word yet if they're on "the list".
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    Yeah, I'm very curious as to what this will mean for my Seminoles. No word yet if they're on "the list".
    Sure about that?

“What each institution decides to do is really its own business” outside NCAA championship events, Harrison said.

“What we are trying to say is that we find these mascots to be unacceptable for NCAA championship competition,” he added.

At least 18 schools have mascots the NCAA deem “hostile or abusive,” including Florida State’s Seminole and Illinois’ Illini. The full list of schools was not immediately released.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  4.    #4  
    My alma mater, as well as NRG's. Probably the only thing NRG and myself can agree on.
    The Miami University Redskins became the Redhawks several years ago

No, University of Miami is in Florida. Miami University is in OHIO!
    My alma mater, as well as NRG's. Probably the only thing NRG and myself can agree on.
    I've learned to look past NRG's liberal slant and only see him for his garnet and gold.
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Sure about that?
    I haven't figured out yet how a proper name can be considered "abusive or hostile", especially when you have the explicit approval of the Seminole Tribe of Florida.

It will be interesting to see if FSU truly is on that list, and what will happen this year when they get turned down as an NCAA baseball regional host for the first time in a zillion years.
    I'm back!
  8. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Summa Bits!!! If the Seminole Tribe okays the use of Chief Osceola we should be in good standing, no?
  9. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Oh, come on we both agree on smaller government and to government staying out of our personal lives.
  10. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I've learned to look past NRG's liberal slant and only see him for his garnet and gold.
    You are true asset to the general populace my friend, and don't let anyone tell you any different.
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim
    The Miami University Redskins became the Redhawks several years ago
    They musta liked "red" better then "skins". If you were from Idaho, I guess you could be the Patato Skins without offending to many peeps.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    This is the stupidest crap I've ever heard? I can't imagine how angry the Noles must be about thsi PC crap. The NCAA needs to go worry about somethign else like how corupted and hypocritical they are about student athletes etc...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Miami vs. Florida State Sept 5 - should be a good one.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Summa Bits!!! If the Seminole Tribe okays the use of Chief Osceola we should be in good standing, no?
    It doesnt look like it. It appears that the NCAA is considering how other Seminole tribes (not in FL) perceive the mascot and name.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Ridiculous.

LINK
    I don't know if it's completely ridiculous but...this part threw me for a loop:
    One school, North Carolina-Pembroke — which uses the nickname Braves — will also be exempted because Brand said the school has historically had a high percentage of students, more than 20 percent, who are American Indians.
    What does it matter if the school has a minority of students who are American Indians? Does that mean that if the school has at least 20% American Indians that they can keep a nickname or logo considered racially or ethnically “hostile” or “abusive” by the NCAA? If in fact it is hostile or abusive, then it should be all or nothing. Having more or less minority students doesnt seem germane to the argument?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

16. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    This is the stupidest crap I've ever heard? I can't imagine how angry the Noles must be about thsi PC crap. The NCAA needs to go worry about somethign else like how corupted and hypocritical they are about student athletes etc...
    Or that damn BCS system!!! Imagine playoffs, UF vs. Miami, UCF (going out on a limb here) vs. FSU, Miami vs. FSU or any order you prefer. It would be florida universities 90% of the time. Sorry OU and USC fans your time in the sun is coming to a close, our talent pool is just too large. The title will be back where it belongs, Florida.
  17. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    Miami vs. Florida State Sept 5 - should be a good one.
    Always is, I like how they moved the date up from the usual Oct. game.
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Sorry OU and USC fans your time in the sun is coming to a close, our talent pool is just too large. The title will be back where it belongs, Florida.
    What!? USC will do great this year. Matt is coming back and we arent losing that many seniors.

19. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    What!? USC will do great this year. Matt is coming back and we arent losing that many seniors.
    Good luck is all I can say. Beat the Florida teams again and you wil get some more respect from me.
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Hey, we'd like at shot at you guys.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast