Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    I missed it the first time too! It really isn't stated all that clearly or we are both kinda blind. I think it says what it is in the title of the post but no text in the message area just a link.
    I posted the link to the article, I thought that would be enough.

A couple of weeks after Sexton got caught wearing that God ugly sweatshirt, he missed the annual football banquet. He went on a road trip and just completely forgot about it. This isn't what I'm looking for in my starting QB. There will be growing pains this year, but FSU is better off throwing X or Drew into the fire now and letting them mature quickly. They have far more talent, and far more focus it appears, than Sexton.

Since we're down to 2 weeks to the most exciting game in college football, I'll stir the pot a bit. Gfunk, what happened to that link you had to the "next great UM tailback"? Has Coker convinced you that Moss is overrated?
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    I posted the link to the article, I thought that would be enough.
    Well obviously....it wasn't
    Quote Originally Posted by RicoM
    Well obviously....it wasn't
    Only for those who don't click on links....
    I'm back!
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    I love it! I must steal that from you.
    I'm back!
    I just hope it isnt Jane Fonda doing the "Chop-Chop" thing at the Atlanta Braves
    I just hope it isnt Jane Fonda doing the "Chop-Chop" thing at the Atlanta Braves
    Ugh, please. They'd never allow her in Tallahassee.

I have a friend who was at Georgia Tech the same time I was at FSU, and that was when Deion Sanders played for the Braves, who swears to this day that he and a few friends started the Tomahawk Chop at the old Fulton County Stadium when Deion came up to bat once. He swears he was the one who started it all, and not because they are the Braves (but you can see why those poseurs ran with it), but because of Deion and his FSU roots.

I'd like to accept that theory moreso than the fact that Braves fans couldn't come up with anything for their team on their own.
    I'm back!
    Ugh, please. They'd never allow her in Tallahassee.

I have a friend who was at Georgia Tech the same time I was at FSU, and that was when Deion Sanders played for the Braves, who swears to this day that he and a few friends started the Tomahawk Chop at the old Fulton County Stadium when Deion came up to bat once. He swears he was the one who started it all, and not because they are the Braves (but you can see why those poseurs ran with it), but because of Deion and his FSU roots.

I'd like to accept that theory moreso than the fact that Braves fans couldn't come up with anything for their team on their own.
    So who invented Hookem' Horns at TU
    So who invented Hookem' Horns at TU
    I don't have any friends who went to UT (not TU, as a Big XII'er, you should know that, unless it was a shot at them), but Hook 'Em Horns! Beat OU!
    I'm back!
    I don't have any friends who went to UT (not TU, as a Big XII'er, you should know that, unless it was a shot at them), but Hook 'Em Horns! Beat OU!
    Its like the University of Colorado is called CU. Do the math.

Since we're down to 2 weeks to the most exciting game in college football, I'll stir the pot a bit. Gfunk, what happened to that link you had to the "next great UM tailback"? Has Coker convinced you that Moss is overrated?

He got adopted by Deon Sanders:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont....12471660.html

As a result, I don't think he'll be going to the 'U" as result! Btw, that kid is a freak. Too bad about all his personal and family tradegies:

And oh btw:

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Maybe I'm wrong about his drug addiction, maybe he is just nuts!

I wouldn't wear Florida Gator gear, I wouldn't want to look like a fooll!
    Hehe, if I were you I would just be glad:

Personally, I wish he never left!!!

Sigh.... I really miss both these guys! MUHAHAHAHA!

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    NCAA is letting the Seminoles keep their names in postseason...

SI article

There is pic in the NYT story about this which is hilarious!

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/08/24/sp...cot.html?8hpib

Even the the poll is orange and green. I guess the real "Seminoles" love the canes! hehe...

NCAA is letting the Seminoles keep their names in postseason...

SI article
    One down, how many left??
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Hehe, if I were you I would just be glad:

Personally, I wish he never left!!!

Sigh.... I really miss both these guys! MUHAHAHAHA!

There are times I actually feel bad for Rix. Most of those times weren't on Saturdays though.
    I'm back!
    This is the stupidest crap I've ever heard? I can't imagine how angry the Noles must be about thsi PC crap. The NCAA needs to go worry about somethign else like how corupted and hypocritical they are about student athletes etc...
    Well said...
    My Windoze toolz http://www.securitysoftware.cc
  17.    #177  
    There are times I actually feel bad for Rix. Most of those times weren't on Saturdays though.
    Who did he get picked up by? I'm assuming he isn't on a roster anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Who did he get picked up by? I'm assuming he isn't on a roster anymore.

He got cut by the SD Chargers and now has a gig as a college football analyst for the Fox Sports Radio...

http://www.bradenton.com/mld/bradent...y/12400106.htm

Umm, yeah...I wanna listen to what he says...

19.    #179  
    He got cut by the SD Chargers and now has a gig as a college football analyst for the Fox Sports Radio...

http://www.bradenton.com/mld/bradent...y/12400106.htm

Umm, yeah...I wanna listen to what he says...
    That is some entertainment.
  20. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    How bout' them Noles?

Source: FloridaToday.com
    Added emotion.

FSU president T.K. Wetherell, who had war paint attired on his cheeks, revealed Friday the pregame ritual featuring Chief Osceola, riding aboard Renegade with a flaming spear, will include a new twist for the nationally televised Sept. 5 opener against Miami.

This time, an actual member of the Seminole Tribe of Florida will be standing at midfield. Chief Osceola will hand the spear to the tribe member, who will then plant the weapon at midfield.

"If you're not ready to play then, boys, you might as well pack it up and go home," said Wetherell, addressing the football team seated at the luncheon.

It will be a not-too-subtle message after the recent controversy caused by the NCAA decision to target FSU as one of 18 schools with "hostile and abusive" Native American names.

FSU appealed, citing its long-standing relationship with the Seminole Tribe of Florida. The NCAA backed down, removing FSU from the list on Tuesday, giving the school full clearance to continue its trademark nickname.

"I wish I was like T.K. I wish I was 1-0 already," said Bowden, referring to Wetherell's successful challenge to the NCAA.

-snip-
    Last edited by NRG; 08/27/2005 at 08:40 PM.
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast