Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    "Geez... pretty soon it will be:

Florida Oranges
    New York Apples
    Arkansas Watermelons

Then someone who's rallying for preserving natures fruit will get those banned, too.

Pamela"

Pamela: Im not sure if you were being totally serious...but it's just a slipper slope argument and it implies that we can't draw a line somewhere. I think we can ;-)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    "Geez... pretty soon it will be:

Florida Oranges
    New York Apples
    Arkansas Watermelons

Then someone who's rallying for preserving natures fruit will get those banned, too.

Pamela"

Pamela: Im not sure if you were being totally serious...but it's just a slipper slope argument and it implies that we can't draw a line somewhere. I think we can ;-)
    Where do we draw that line on that ever slippery slope
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Where do we draw that line on that ever slippery slope
    I don't know...look I just pose the questions, I don't come up with the answers.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

I don't know...look I just pose the questions, I don't come up with the answers.
    How convenient
    How convenient
    Of course. It's much easier to disprove an answer than prove one. I only have to come up with one possibility and the other person has to account for all possibilities.

Of course. It's much easier to disprove an answer than prove one. I only have to come up with one possibility and the other person has to account for all possibilities.
    you'd be a good spokesperson for the Creationists then
    Palm m505 -> Treo600 (GSM ATT) -> Treo650 (Cingular) -> BB8700g -> BB Pearl
    "The point of living and of being an optimist, is to be foolish enough to believe the best is yet to come."
    Human nature is to react, to over-react and then for the clouds to clear and peace to be made. Unfortunately the peace never receives thepress thatthe initial uproar gets. Already the NCAA is finding that the Seminole business agent on OK who lodged the complaint was not authorized by the tribe to do so. In fact there had been a vote and they had chosen not to complain to the NCAA and this individual did so on his own.
    Quote Originally Posted by chillig35
    you'd be a good spokesperson for the Creationists then
    It's very difficult to argue creationism to someone who is a die hard scientist. Science by nature wants proof, creationism by nature relies on faith. It's like water and vinegar (but don't misunderstand, I think there is overlap between the two if you look closely.)

Just read something on ESPN.com that said the word "Oklahoma" is made up of two Choctaw words that translates into "Red Men"....so I wonder if the Oklahoma Sooners will have to change their names too?! lol.
    It's very difficult to argue creationism to someone who is a die hard scientist. Science by nature wants proof, creationism by nature relies on faith. It's like water and vinegar (but don't misunderstand, I think there is overlap between the two if you look closely.)
    From a die hard scientific perspective, I have to add that water and vinegar actually mix without problems... the rest is a different thread.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
    ...I guess from my own empirical studies...it doesn't STAY mixed ;-)

...I guess from my own empirical studies...it doesn't STAY mixed ;-)
    I suspect what you mean is oil in water, not vinegar in water... basically, vinegar is a mix of 5 % acetic acid in water (plus spices etc.). Acetic acid is highly soluble in water, so no problem with mixing - much better than mixing oil with water or creationism with evolution, the latter being like mixing a particular religion and science.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
  13.    #113  
    Dave Hart, FSU AD chimed in. Long, not gonna paste it, but here is the link.

FSU will not back down. Apparently the NCAA committee that made the recommendation based a lot of it on an Oklahoma Seminole Indian that doesn't like the use of it. Problem with this is he is in the minority of his own tribe and the tribal leader has no problem with the name. You will never please everyone, but common sense is in order here. Look at the facts of how FSU utilizes it's nickname and mascot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Dave Hart, FSU AD chimed in. Long, not gonna paste it, but here is the link.

FSU will not back down. Apparently the NCAA committee that made the recommendation based a lot of it on an Oklahoma Seminole Indian that doesn't like the use of it. Problem with this is he is in the minority of his own tribe and the tribal leader has no problem with the name. You will never please everyone, but common sense is in order here. Look at the facts of how FSU utilizes it's nickname and mascot.
    That's hilarious! ONE Seminole is more important than the rest?
    Quote Originally Posted by RicoM
    That's hilarious! ONE Seminole is more important than the rest?
    Well, yeah.

Bobby.
    I'm back!
    Silly, silly. silly
    Silly, silly. silly
    Have you ever been to Tallahassee? God worship at it's finest.

Imagine Sonny Lubick worship to the 10th power.
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    Have you ever been to Tallahassee? God worship at it's finest.

Imagine Sonny Lubick worship to the 10th power.
    I dont care much about Sonny, or CSU...I'm a Buff
    I dont care much about Sonny, or CSU...I'm a Buff
    Well, I'd have used Neuheisel or Barnett, but I already know how that would go....
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    I suspect what you mean is oil in water, not vinegar in water... basically, vinegar is a mix of 5 % acetic acid in water (plus spices etc.). Acetic acid is highly soluble in water, so no problem with mixing - much better than mixing oil with water or creationism with evolution, the latter being like mixing a particular religion and science.
    My bad. You could have saved me a post and just underlined what I said to begin with