Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chillig35
    wow, really? I've skied Aspen in May - but didn't realize that there were trails open in July too. Done quite a bit of hiking around summer time though in the RM nat'l park
    You need to head about 15 miles south into the Indian Peaks Wilderness Area. Nice!
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Note: the President of the NCAA came from the University of INDIANa, the NCAA offices are in INDIANapolis, INDIANa having moved there from SHAWNEE Mission KS (sub of Kansas City - Home of the KC CHIEFS) a few years back. Tell me this is not laughable and sad at the same time...
    This is not laughable and sad at the same time
    Silly Claire, nice shot though...
    Silly Claire, nice shot though...
    Here I was just doing what you asked, and I get called silly??
    And you wanted to be called what instead? I appreciated the literal humor.
    And you wanted to be called what instead? I appreciated the literal humor.
    Beautiful and witty would be a good start
    The witty was demonstrated and the beautiful was assumed. I was to not be so forward as to have said so directly within the message not knowing you...but since you bring it up, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    It doesnt look like it. It appears that the NCAA is considering how other Seminole tribes (not in FL) perceive the mascot and name.
    Well I like Tigers and Cougars so I'm going to try to force all the sports teams using those names to change.

Geez... pretty soon it will be:

Florida Oranges
    New York Apples
    Arkansas Watermelons

Then someone who's rallying for preserving natures fruit will get those banned, too.

Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
    The witty was demonstrated and the beautiful was assumed. I was to not be so forward as to have said so directly within the message not knowing you...but since you bring it up, yes.
    hehehe...thanx
    You're welcome cutie...<wink>
    Quote Originally Posted by mediasi
    Well I like Tigers and Cougars so I'm going to try to force all the sports teams using those names to change.

Geez... pretty soon it will be:

Florida Oranges
    New York Apples
    Arkansas Watermelons

Then someone who's rallying for preserving natures fruit will get those banned, too.

Pamela
    Is Arkansas Watermelons ethnic in anyway??
    I ws going to ask that...
    What about the talk of Ireland sueing the NCAA

"NEW YORK, New York --- Ireland became furious over a recent announcement by the NCAA to ban Native American mascots in tournaments due to their abusive and hostile nature. Ireland accused the NCAA of discrimination for not demanding the same ban on the Notre Dame Fighting Irish mascot or other mascots like the St. Mary's College Gaels"
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Is Arkansas Watermelons ethnic in anyway??
    I guess you could say so but I would see all sorts of folk at the Watermelon Festival so I was looking at it being a hot fruit in the state. Now that I think of it... I did have to get an apartment within 3 weeks of starting college, as I was the only caucasian on the floor who wasn't pledging... I was run right out of there.

Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
    Maybe they better stick with Razorbacks
    Quote Originally Posted by mediasi
    I guess you could say so but I would see all sorts of folk at the Watermelon Festival so I was looking at it being a hot fruit in the state. Now that I think of it... I did have to get an apartment within 3 weeks of starting college, as I was the only caucasian on the floor who wasn't pledging... I was run right out of there.

Pamela
    I find Arkansas Watermelons to be offensive to watermelons, mostly by associating them with Arkansas.

I sure hope the NCAA and/or ACLU gets invovled soon.
    I'm back!
    I am officially offended by acronyms and demand the NCAA start referring to themselves in their full spelled-out name.
  18.    #99  
    yikes