Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

2.    #182  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLiveSoundGuy
    A+ for originality!
    it was nothing. but that's another thread.

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

4.    #184  
    Didn't want to post this College FB post on the official NO/Miss thread so here it goes.

The Sugar Bowl will not happen in New Orleans - no way it can. Where will it be played?
  5. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Didn't want to post this College FB post on the official NO/Miss thread so here it goes.

The Sugar Bowl will not happen in New Orleans - no way it can. Where will it be played?
    Tampa sounds good to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Tampa sounds good to me.
    Tampa, as long as it doesn't conflict with a Bucs game, and Orlando would probably be near the top of the list, along with Atlanta and San Antonio, which is where the Saints will probably shift their "home"games.
    I'm back!
  7.    #187  
    Again I'll keep my sports related thoughts regarding the storm here.

The New Orleans Saints will never play in NO again. I predict they move to Los Angeles.
    Again I'll keep my sports related thoughts regarding the storm here.

The New Orleans Saints will never play in NO again. I predict they move to Los Angeles.
    It's possible that the franchise might be relocated, but that would be a definite "last resort" thing that I'm sure the owner would prefer nto to do (even though he was negotiating for a new stadium anyhow). It looks like they are trying to work a deal to play their home games this year in Baton Rouge.
    I'm back!
  9.    #189  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    It's possible that the franchise might be relocated, but that would be a definite "last resort" thing that I'm sure the owner would prefer nto to do (even though he was negotiating for a new stadium anyhow). It looks like they are trying to work a deal to play their home games this year in Baton Rouge.
    They'll be in BR &/or San Antonio or Houston this year, but NO is finished as a city for at least 2 - 3 years or forever.
    They'll be in BR &/or San Antonio or Houston this year, but NO is finished as a city for at least 2 - 3 years or forever.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2149071

NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue says it's unlikely the New Orleans Saints will play in New Orleans this season after the devastation Hurricane Katrina and its aftermath inflicted on the city, but the team told ESPN that keeping games in Louisiana is a priority.

Saints general manager Mickey Loomis on Thursday told ESPN's Colleen Dominguez the team would prefer to play this season's home schedule in Louisiana and the logical choice would be LSU's Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge. Loomis expects a decision to be reached in a matter of days.
    I'm back!
    Why did he hedge by saying "unlikely". It's a certain fact that they wont be playing in New Orleans this season
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Why did he hedge by saying "unlikely". It's a certain fact that they wont be playing in New Orleans this season
    Yeah, that was probably more than a little unnecessary. The chances of anyone living in NO this year are slim, let alone the city being rebuilt and returing to normal.

I guess he's learned to "never say never".

Maybe he wants to run for Senate after Condi gets his job?
    I'm back!
  13.    #193  
    Now that we got the 'preseason' college football games over with, it is time for Florida State vs Miami - Monday Night, 8:00 on ABC. Miami has beaten my alma mater for the last 5 or 6 times. We had a starting qb out with allegedly Lyme disease (read: actually on drugs), two freshman quarterbacks that will play instead, an offensive coordinator who's father is the head coach, and it seems our guys plays scared against Miami. I'll be there and at the very least I'll have a couple of adult beverages with old friends and have a great time. btw, FSU officials are having a massive stadium collection for the red cross.
  14. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Maybe he wants to run for Senate after Condi gets his job?
    Oh, I could see it now, Condi during a press conference saying "No one could have imagined we would be playing a game this year called the Super Bowl".
    Now that we got the 'preseason' college football games over with, it is time for Florida State vs Miami - Monday Night, 8:00 on ABC. Miami has beaten my alma mater for the last 5 or 6 times. We had a starting qb out with allegedly Lyme disease (read: actually on drugs), two freshman quarterbacks that will play instead, an offensive coordinator who's father is the head coach, and it seems our guys plays scared against Miami. I'll be there and at the very least I'll have a couple of adult beverages with old friends and have a great time. btw, FSU officials are having a massive stadium collection for the red cross.
    So how was it? Was it as loud in the stadium after that botched FG as it sounded on TV?

I can go to my fantasy football draft tonight, IN MIAMI, with my head up high.
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Oh, I could see it now, Condi during a press conference saying "No one could have imagined we would be playing a game this year called the Super Bowl".
    No politics in this thread!

At least none not taking shots at the NCAA and their political correctness run amok.

Although, on a political sidenote, did anyone see Jeb say that since he's already in his second term he doesn't have to be unbiased any longer, and, Go Canes? I used to like him....
    I'm back!
  17.    #197  
    So how was it? Was it as loud in the stadium after that botched FG as it sounded on TV?

I can go to my fantasy football draft tonight, IN MIAMI, with my head up high.
    The ineptness of our QB play made their loss even greater. Reminds me of the majority of our losses over the last 20 years. And yes it was very, very LOUD.

This game was payback for the following losses for me - I unfortunately was at each of these.
    1987 Loss 26-25
    1991 Loss 17-16
    1992 Loss 19-16
    2000 Loss 27-24
    2002 Loss 28-27
    2003 Loss 16-14 (Orange Bowl Game)

So to win a game cheap - I'll take it. You also can't forget that Defense is just as important as your offense and our Defense is SSSSSSIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910