Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    ok ...shameless thread hijacking here (and maybe you guys will lighten up a bit?)

NORTH KOREA MOVES ONE MILLION CLONED CATS TO BORDER WITH SOUTH

Angry Kim Jong-Il Retaliates for Seoul’s Dog Cloning

One day after South Korean scientists announced that they had successfully cloned a dog, North Korean dictator Kim Jong-Il denounced the cloning procedure as “an act of provocation” and immediately moved one million cloned cats to the border with the South.

The cloning of an Afghan pup named “Snuppy” by South Korean scientists drew praise from biologists around the world, but not from the mercurial Kim, who believed that Seoul planned to unleash an army of cloned dogs to invade his country.

Within minutes of the scientists’ announcement, Kim dispatched thousands of troop carriers carrying cloned cats to the border with the South, raising tensions throughout the Korean peninsula.

In Seoul, South Korean president Roh Moo-hyun responded to Kim’s cat deployment, warning that South Korea could move as many as one million cloned Labradors, beagles and poodles to the border within weeks.

The prospect of a tense standoff between a million cloned cats and dogs in a region long considered a powder keg by the international community represented the first major diplomatic challenge for newly installed United Nations Ambassador John Bolton.

From the floor of the U.N.’s General Assembly today, Mr. Bolton offered one possible solution to the crisis in the Korean peninsula: “If it were up to me, I’d saw off both Koreas from the rest of Asia and let them float out to sea.”

Elsewhere, President Bush said today that the theory of “intelligent design” explains the creation of life on Earth but not his Social Security plan.
    Palm m505 -> Treo600 (GSM ATT) -> Treo650 (Cingular) -> BB8700g -> BB Pearl
    "The point of living and of being an optimist, is to be foolish enough to believe the best is yet to come."
    Quote Originally Posted by ToolkiT
    Who's the wimp now.. you claim, you proof. its as simple as that..

Gallic Wars
    - Lost. In a war whose ending foreshadows the next 2000 years of French history, France is conquered by of all things, an Italian.

- Hundred Years War
    - Mostly lost, saved at last by female schizophrenic who inadvertently creates The First Rule of French Warfare; "France's armies are victorious only when not led by a Frenchman." Sainted.

- Italian Wars
    - Lost. France becomes the first and only country to ever lose two wars when fighting Italians.

- Wars of Religion
    - France goes 0-5-4 against the Huguenots

- Thirty Years War
    - France is technically not a participant, but manages to get invaded anyway. Claims a tie on the basis that eventually the other participants started ignoring her.

- War of Revolution
    - Tied. Frenchmen take to wearing red flowerpots as chapeaux.

- The Dutch War
    - Tied

- War of the Augsburg League/King William's War/French and Indian War
    - Lost, but claimed as a tie. Three ties in a row induces deluded Frogophiles the world over to label the period as the height of French military power.

- War of the Spanish Succession
    - Lost. The War also gave the French their first taste of a Marlborough, which they have loved every since.

- American Revolution
    - In a move that will become quite familiar to future Americans, France claims a win even though the English colonists saw far more action. This is later known as "de Gaulle Syndrome", and leads to the Second Rule of French Warfare; "France only wins when America does most of the fighting."

- French Revolution
    - Won, primarily due the fact that the opponent was also French.

- The Napoleonic Wars
    - Lost. Temporary victories (remember the First Rule!) due to leadership of a Corsican, who ended up being no match for a British footwear designer.

- The Franco-Prussian War
    - Lost. Germany first plays the role of drunk Frat boy to France's ugly girl home alone on a Saturday night.

- World War I
    - Tied and on the way to losing, France is saved by the United States. Thousands of French women find out what it's like to not only sleep with a winner, but one who doesn't call her "Fraulein." Sadly, widespread use of condoms by American forces forestalls any improvement in the French bloodline.

- World War II
    - Lost. Conquered French liberated by the United States and Britain just as they finish learning the Horst Wessel Song.

- War in Indochina
    - Lost. French forces plead sickness; take to bed with the Dien Bien Flu

- Algerian Rebellion
    - Lost. Loss marks the first defeat of a western army by a Non-Turkic Muslim force since the Crusades, and produces the First Rule of Muslim Warfare; "We can always beat the French." This rule is identical to the First Rules of the Italians, Russians, Germans, English, Dutch, Spanish, Vietnamese and Esquimaux.

- War on Terrorism
    - France, keeping in mind its recent history, surrenders to Germans and Muslims just to be safe. Attempts to surrender to Vietnamese ambassador fail after he takes refuge in a McDonald's.
    Quote Originally Posted by chillig35
    far safer flying than driving. plus the odds of it happening again to me two hours later would have been stupendous (unless i took the same plane again)
    Well, yeah, if you would've taken the exact same plane, I'd say the chances were pretty good.

I know that flying is far safer than driving, but with the exception of the Air France thing, when a plane goes down, most people don't walk out.

And after a plane I was on had just lost an engine, I'd be thinking that a Pinto was safer.
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Larry the Lynx and Jack the Rabbit
    They have names???

My son always asks if Pop and Nana will be on the one with the bear on the tail.

And if there's one with a lion or dinosaur on it.
    I'm back!
    Just enuff time to get your pants dry cleaned
    They would've had to been burned.....
    I'm back!
    My XJ has Renault parts in it...just so you know
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    and people used to ask me "why do you jump out of a perfectly good airplane...?"
    Was it for practice? In case an engine falls off?
    I'm back!
    Insertion, that got the AX-15 transmission, the one known to be significantly weaker than the American NV3550 light truck transmission?
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    My XJ has Renault parts in it...just so you know
    I reluctantly buy and thoroughly enjoy both Dannon and Yoplait yogurt. I tried the 'off' brand at Publix Supermarket and it sucks. So that's my contribution to the Great Frog Nation.
    World War 1: http://www.firstworldwar.com/timeline/1914.htm

June 28 Assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand, heir to the throne of Austro-Hungarian empire, in Sarajevo, Bosnia
    July 28 Austria-Hungary declares war on Serbia
    July 29 - December 9 Austria-Hungary repeatedly invades Serbia but is repeatedly repulsed
    August 1 Outbreak of war
    Germany declares war on Russia
    August 3 Germany declares war on France
    August 4 Germany invades neutral Belgium
    August 4 Britain declares war on Germany
    August 4 US President Woodrow Wilson declares policy of US neutrality

it wasnt until 1917 on April 6th when you guys declared war on Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    They have names???

My son always asks if Pop and Nana will be on the one with the bear on the tail.

And if there's one with a lion or dinosaur on it.
    The Bear is Griswald and there is Flip the Dolphan> I dont remember some of the others.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Quote Originally Posted by evilghost

- World War I
    - Tied and on the way to losing, France is saved by the United States. Thousands of French women find out what it's like to not only sleep with a winner, but one who doesn't call her "Fraulein." Sadly, widespread use of condoms by American forces forestalls any improvement in the French bloodline.
    It was hard to climb back into my chair after this one....
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by evilghost
    Insertion, that got the AX-15 transmission, the one known to be significantly weaker than the American NV3550 light truck transmission?
    No. I have an Auto.
    AW(Aisin Warner)-4. Rock solid. Original tranny w/260k miles.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    The Bear is Griswald and there is Flip the Dolphan> I dont remember some of the others.
    I don't remember seeing any dolphins in Colorado.....
    I'm back!
    This thread is too angry and too off topic.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123