1.    #1  
    I've come to the conclusion that Canadians are the most politically correct, liberal leaning folks anywhere.

I believe there's a strong Canada wide intention and determination to influence social outcomes with every tool available including PC replacement words and phrases...

Here's an outrageous PC replacement phrase that I just heard used:

DEFERRED SUCCESS for FAILURE!

Dude this women's group wants to change our national anthem...and guy man I'm in Ottawa...i feel like nuking this city.....i would add some non curse curse words, but i wont...terrible Big_OTR_Fan..

thats one thing about Montreal I love...as long as you dont screw up the french vous/tu you can basically say anything...cause basically if you dont like it...sit on it and rotate
    Oh yeah Big_OTR_Fan...i work for the federal government LOL Work in a place called the Veterinary Drugs Directorate, the Canadian version of the FDA/CVM. The CFIA is our slaves...although they are dumber than my excrements...and geez man...last year I wouldnt say I got into trouble...but I would told by my boss (who is very cool and all) that a letter than I had written to be sent to Veal producers across Canada came off to strong. I found it to be fair and very depliomatic...however such was not the case...I told him "wow we literally have to take them by the hand and comfort them...it should be look conform or you;re out of business"....the letter i wrote was 1 page long...a new letter which was written to be less "harsh" was three pages long...i read it...and god man i felt like giving myself a papercut with the letter...sooo retarded
  4.    #4  
    Hey Mofo...

Did you hear this yet this morning?

Wendy's is spinning off 15% to 18% of Tim Hortons in an IPO!
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_OTR_Fan
    Hey Mofo...

Did you hear this yet this morning?

Wendy's is spinning off 15% to 18% of Tim Hortons in an IPO!
    you are going have to translate that for me...i'm assming wendy's is giving up 15 - 18 percent of its control over timmy hoes...correct?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    you are going have to translate that for me...i'm assming wendy's is giving up 15 - 18 percent of its control over timmy hoes...correct?
    You will be able to own shares...

WHO HOOOO i want a whole bunch of somilians and rawandans working for me...i'm there new warlord
    You will be able to own shares...

Hey! I've been there!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130
    Hey! I've been there!
    the convnetional name for Tim Hortons, is Timmy Hoes...why..cause it sounds funny
    I use to be sales engineer for a corrugated metal pipe company and there was this power hungry lady that corrected us whenever we said "manhole". It was a "personhole". Now just imagine the kind of person I dealt with on sales calls...usually a bit overweight, in overalls, and with a high school education. If I said personhole in a casual conversation I would get laughed out of the door!

I tend to be purposely anti-pc on most cases because I do feel it's gone a bit overboard. Kinda like what my old bossman use to say...."If everybody's special, then nobody's special".
    Most of my family is up there... I think the Beer Stores are a funny concept...
    i'm there new warlord
    their?? I guess pointing that out is not PC
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Christina130

Most of my family is up there... I think the Beer Stores are a funny concept...
    and we also call it the In and Out store.

I've come to the conclusion that Canadians are the most politically correct, liberal leaning folks anywhere.

I believe there's a strong Canada wide intention and determination to influence social outcomes with every tool available including PC replacement words and phrases...

Here's an outrageous PC replacement phrase that I just heard used:

DEFERRED SUCCESS for FAILURE!

I thought that was the UK? http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/suffolk/4724703.stm
  15.    #15  
    Yep, and we Canuks just lap it up from over 'ome...
  16. hsk
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Dude this women's group wants to change our national anthem...
    thats one thing about Montreal I love...as long as you dont screw up the french vous/tu you can basically say anything...
    Not that I'm in favour of changing the national anthem, but "sons" is a lot less gender-neutral than "aieux", and the French are a lot more relaxed about human gender issues, possibly because EVERYTHING has a gender (toughest part of learning French imho), and it's understood that a group of men and women are "ils" so you don't get into ridiculous words like "personhole" (or even "chairperson" which always sets my teeth on edge but it's not PC to say don't call me that).

Do you easterners use "adult inter-dependent partner" to refer to "spouse", whether married or shacking up?