Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Uh-Oh
    Why can't the Kurds have their own homeland? The only thing the administration should be afraid of is the part where they want "secure borders" for Kurdistan. If that happens, people in our own country might start getting ideas.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    Why can't the Kurds have their own homeland? The only thing the administration should be afraid of is the part where they want "secure borders" for Kurdistan. If that happens, people in our own country might start getting ideas.
    Well, there's this little issue with Turkey and it's Southern population.

"Colonialism, it just keeps on giving doesn't it?"
  3. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    You know what, they should have their own land. After watching Lawrence of Arabia, I was trying to understand who he was, after snooping around and I found a map in the process, his original drawing. Notice the blank spot on top of Irak? I think how much different that whole area would have been if they would have drawn up the area his way! It really is an interesting read over at Wikipedia. The movie is based around the Arab revolt. The map would be great if it wasn't for those damn Germans and their hatred for Jews/Jewish people. The Germans really should be responsible for handling Israel/Pal issue since it was the holocaust perpetrated by the Nazi's that brought about Israel. I say this because of the persecution of Jewish people created worldwide sympathy. It would be like all the Mexican immigrants coming here and establishing a Mexican state right in Washington or some place here in America that has 'culture' significance.

Well enough of that back to the map.

If you notice where Palestine is................. you can then understand the warring between Israel (a UN imposed state) and the Palestinians.

Also, this was before oil was discovered there and the land wasn't worth dog squat except to the people. A map like this would be almost impossible today.

And here is the map.

Last edited by NRG; 01/30/2006 at 06:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Well, there's this little issue with Turkey and it's Southern population.

"Colonialism, it just keeps on giving doesn't it?"
    You mean Imperialism? Maybe its time for the last vestiges of the Ottoman Empire to give way.
    You mean Imperialism? Maybe its time for the last vestiges of the Ottoman Empire to give way.
    Actually I meant both but in that particular area, you are quite correct!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456