Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Results 101 to 105 of 105
  1. #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Uh-Oh
    Why can't the Kurds have their own homeland? The only thing the administration should be afraid of is the part where they want "secure borders" for Kurdistan. If that happens, people in our own country might start getting ideas.
  2. #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    Why can't the Kurds have their own homeland? The only thing the administration should be afraid of is the part where they want "secure borders" for Kurdistan. If that happens, people in our own country might start getting ideas.
    Well, there's this little issue with Turkey and it's Southern population.

    "Colonialism, it just keeps on giving doesn't it?"
  3. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    Why can't the Kurds have their own homeland? The only thing the administration should be afraid of is the part where they want "secure borders" for Kurdistan. If that happens, people in our own country might start getting ideas.
    You know what, they should have their own land. After watching Lawrence of Arabia, I was trying to understand who he was, after snooping around and I found a map in the process, his original drawing. Notice the blank spot on top of Irak? I think how much different that whole area would have been if they would have drawn up the area his way! It really is an interesting read over at Wikipedia. The movie is based around the Arab revolt. The map would be great if it wasn't for those damn Germans and their hatred for Jews/Jewish people. The Germans really should be responsible for handling Israel/Pal issue since it was the holocaust perpetrated by the Nazi's that brought about Israel. I say this because of the persecution of Jewish people created worldwide sympathy. It would be like all the Mexican immigrants coming here and establishing a Mexican state right in Washington or some place here in America that has 'culture' significance.

    Well enough of that back to the map.

    If you notice where Palestine is................. you can then understand the warring between Israel (a UN imposed state) and the Palestinians.

    Also, this was before oil was discovered there and the land wasn't worth dog squat except to the people. A map like this would be almost impossible today.

    And here is the map.

    Last edited by NRG; 01/30/2006 at 06:53 PM.
  4. #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Well, there's this little issue with Turkey and it's Southern population.

    "Colonialism, it just keeps on giving doesn't it?"
    You mean Imperialism? Maybe its time for the last vestiges of the Ottoman Empire to give way.
  5. #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    You mean Imperialism? Maybe its time for the last vestiges of the Ottoman Empire to give way.
    Actually I meant both but in that particular area, you are quite correct!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Posting Permissions