Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 105
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    But to the great credit of even those who virulently disagree with me, I canít recall a single personal insult in response.
    Would like me to start??
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Would like me to start??

    am I now eligible for some kind of **** badge of honor ???
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Would like me to start??
    Do you even practice restraint?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  4. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    "If we didn't have a bunch of extremists running around trying to derail the progress of the Iraqi government and the Iraqi people and the coalition, the amount of money spent on security would be far less," said Lt. Col. Barry Venable, a Pentagon spokesman. "It is a fact of life, one which cannot be wished away."...
    I like how the admin is changing there vocab, they are now extremists instead of insurgents(the british called us insurgents).
    Last edited by NRG; 07/29/2005 at 09:58 AM.
  5. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #25  
    Since some of you think Iraq is going so welllll, I am making this offer: I will pay for anyone who has children, all expense paid trip to Iraq(airflight, food, lodging). The stipulations are you have to take your family with you, you are not allowed to go in the green zone, you must document (camcorder and camera) your trip, you and your family are not allowed to spend more than 12 hrs. in your hotel(including sleep), then you must turn your documented evidence over to me. The stay will be for one week of sun and fun on the Tigris river. Sound good? Who is going to be the first taker?
  6. #26  
    I am not one to be unrealistic. There is no doubt that there are horrible things happening over there. Our soldiers are dying every day. Bus loads of civilians are dying every day. Reconstruction is being thwarted. All of this by extreme insurgents (that should cover both sides of the PC issue ) are taking advantage of the opportunity of a new dem gov, that will be against their personal fanatical best interest, being formed right now.

    Heck they are even killing Iraqis that are trying to better Iraq. I read a story the other day that some guy walked up to some Iraqi workers and ask what they were doing. When the lead guy proudly stated they were building a bridge, he pulled out a gun shot him in the forehead and told his assistant to tell everyone in Bagdad to stay away and don't try to further better improve the area. The Iraqis continued work on the bridge. Many of them are determined to better their country and are willing to put their lives on the line. In fact I think reconstruction is one of the highest risk jobs over their right now.

    I have one family member or another over there since the initial day of fighting started. As luck would have it, all are still safe. But are eager to share what they were able to do over there, whether to give water to children, rebuild or modernize a hospital, teach Iraq's how to take care of themselves without us there, provide electricity to a city that has never had a reliable supply of it for the last 20 years, etc..... So what I think gets me the most, and I know this my personal issue, is that .....No matter what you feel about Bush. No matter if you agree that we should be Iraq or not. Whether you feel we should gone after someone else first (i.e. Iran, Syria, Pakistan, NK, etc..) No matter if feel Bush should pull everyone out now. No matter if you feel all troops from everywhere should come home and it should be an Intelligence and Policing matter. No matter if you feel that we should have attacked everyone that has terrorist at the same time. Bottom line is no matter what you feel about Bush's policy, the soldiers on the ground do not have a say in the matter. They are there now. In honor of them, serving in a very dangerous and scary environment, at least give the individual soldiers credit for the awesome achievements that they personally have accomplished. I have seen so many, and not necessarily just on this forum, who are totally against Iraq throw aside any great accomplishment that our Armed Forces have accomplished because there are so many bad things happening as well. Bash Bush and his policies all you want. Bash being in Iraq in the first place all you want. But please give the individual soldier his due and personal recognition of their achievements with the situation that is forced on them.

    It is fine, and probably healthy, to discuss and debate the challenges we are facing in Iraq. It is important to make sure we know the bad in Iraq. I all too well do see it every day in the news and have heard about it first hand from those who have served there. But at the same time, as every soldier has done who I have talked to has said after sharing some of the horrific scenes they have witnessed, "But you have got to see what we actually did do in spite of that. You wouldn't believe what we were able to do while I was there..."

    I won't ask anyone to risk their lives and lives of their family to prove a point that the MSM does so well. But I will ask, in honor of the individual soldier risking his and her life every day in an sincere effort to better the situation, to recognize all the positive things that they have done and what they are doing right now, today, as you read this as well.

    It is just a matter of balance. NO one can say that things are all good in Iraq because they are fanatically Bush supporter. Just as NO one can say that Iraq is all bad either, because bad things are happening or because you don't support Bush's policy for going there in the first place. It is important to report the bad AND the good. To deny to recognize the good achievements while only focusing on the bad, I feel is a dishonor to my loved ones risking their lives this very day to accomplish those ignored positives that have come from this whole terrible situation.
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 08/04/2005 at 08:15 PM.
  7. #27  
    Bayre,

    Here I am. The topic...why doesn't the media publicize our successes? We have no idea damage we are doing to the enemy, but the Jihadis merely need turn on CNN to get and EXACT idea of how successful they have been that day.

    Ralph Peters had a great piece in the NY Post today. The Jihadis are taking a page from the North Vietnamese playbook, and the media is playing right along.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    Argue passionately, rationally, but be prepared to answer and persuade with facts and reason. Savage sarcasm, mockery, and humor is part of the game, but not ad hominem responses, not personal insults.
    See ...that's the problem right there! The lefties are way too serious here! Take a page from the savages fellas!
    Palm m505 -> Treo600 (GSM ATT) -> Treo650 (Cingular) -> BB8700g -> BB Pearl
    "The point of living and of being an optimist, is to be foolish enough to believe the best is yet to come."
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    Bayre,

    Here I am. The topic...why doesn't the media publicize our successes? We have no idea damage we are doing to the enemy, but the Jihadis merely need turn on CNN to get and EXACT idea of how successful they have been that day.

    Ralph Peters had a great piece in the NY Post today. The Jihadis are taking a page from the North Vietnamese playbook, and the media is playing right along.

    And I and you, and the reporters are not everywhere, observing everything. We must all of us extrapolate from the collective mosaic of impressions what is going on there.

    In the Shiite parts of Iraq, fundamentalism and Iranian influence has risen to dominance.

    In the center of the county, in the regions near Bagdad out to the Syrian border, we fight a guerrilla war in which a western army unfamiliar with the locals culture or language is attempting to fight an enemy who sleeps with those locals.

    Its a formula for disaster -- one which junior's daddy understood.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by chillig35
    See ...that's the problem right there! The lefties are way too serious here! Take a page from the savages fellas!

    one of the reasons I support embryonic stem cell research is because I'm congenitally missing the DNA for the humor gene
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    one of the reasons I support embryonic stem cell research is because I'm congenitally missing the DNA for the humor gene
    be careful what you wish for .... you may get a fundamentalist "mind-lock" gene spliced-in by mistake. then where would you be?


    (my personal guess: you could end up as one of those harry krisnas with a big goofy grin handing out pamphlets at the Grey hound bus station)
    Palm m505 -> Treo600 (GSM ATT) -> Treo650 (Cingular) -> BB8700g -> BB Pearl
    "The point of living and of being an optimist, is to be foolish enough to believe the best is yet to come."
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    And I and you, and the reporters are not everywhere, observing everything. We must all of us extrapolate from the collective mosaic of impressions what is going on there.

    In the Shiite parts of Iraq, fundamentalism and Iranian influence has risen to dominance.

    In the center of the county, in the regions near Bagdad out to the Syrian border, we fight a guerrilla war in which a western army unfamiliar with the locals culture or language is attempting to fight an enemy who sleeps with those locals.

    Its a formula for disaster -- one which junior's daddy understood.
    And let's not forget that Powell told W point blank what would happen. The generals told the Admin they would need more ground troops to occupy the country.

    But truth be told, the neo-cons wanted this and they got it.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    And let's not forget that Powell told W point blank what would happen. The generals told the Admin they would need more ground troops to occupy the country.

    But truth be told, the neo-cons wanted this and they got it.
    i don't think anyone on either side of the aisle wanted this. but, here we are. i don't recall what you state as fact, but if what you say regarding powell and the generals is correct - you would think bush would have had a better plan.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    And I and you, and the reporters are not everywhere, observing everything. We must all of us extrapolate from the collective mosaic of impressions what is going on there.

    In the Shiite parts of Iraq, fundamentalism and Iranian influence has risen to dominance.

    In the center of the county, in the regions near Bagdad out to the Syrian border, we fight a guerrilla war in which a western army unfamiliar with the locals culture or language is attempting to fight an enemy who sleeps with those locals.

    Its a formula for disaster -- one which junior's daddy understood.
    You dance nicely around the issue. Let me frame it for you this way. Why is it those reporters are only where negative things happen? Sorta like Al Jazeera's crack reporter team being on hand for the bombings and executions of election workers.

    As far as the old canard of "a western army unfamiliar", well, that shows exactly in what regard you hold the American military. We've been operating there for decades. Do you REALLY think that our guys are so stupid as to not be able to adapt? Did you not see the picture of the US Army sergeant elected a sheik? (Story by the Salt Lake City Tribune http://www.sltrib.com/nationworld/ci_2904534. Somehow it just didn't make the NYT.)
  15. #35  
    As far as a "Better Plan", where would all of those troops that McCain, Powell and the Democrats who voted for the war but are against it have come from? What units would have relieved those involved in OIF? OIF II? OIF III?
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    http://www.sltrib.com/nationworld/ci_2904534. Somehow it just didn't make the NYT.)
    that is awesome! here's a great quote from the article...

    "Some sheiks later gave him five sheep and a postage stamp of land, fulfilling some of the requirements for sheikdom. Others encouraged him to start looking for a second wife, which Horn's spouse back in Florida immediately vetoed."
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    But truth be told, the neo-cons wanted this and they got it.
    I'm sure neo-cons really wanted this. To not support the war of our country is to support these murderers.

    "Near the same town, insurgents stormed the home of an Iraqi soldier, killing his wife, his 12-year-old daughter and his 6-year-old son as they lay asleep, police and survivors said."

    Reuters Link
  18. #38  
    I do have to say I still shake my head in disbelief to see a report like this:

    Dutton's, the British Royal Marine in charge of coalition operations in southeastern Iraq, 13,000-plus-troop multinational command is made up of 7,900 British troops, 3,000 Italians, 640 Australians, 622 Romanians, 562 Japanese, 388 Danes, 97 Czechs, 33 Lithuanians, five Norwegians, and two Portuguese.

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=336
    And to think of all the cries of unilateral offensive against Iraq by the Dems last year. Like simply because it was an election year it is a free pass to put the US in a bad light in front of the whole world because it might reflect bad on Bush.

    I remember seeing a high ranking Dem Senator, I cannot recall who, being interviewed MSNBC. After the 3rd claim by the Dem senator of a unilateral attack, the interviewer came flat out and asked him if he was just ignorant of all the other countries helping the US or if he was simply lying for political gain. The senator refused to answer the question and never acknowledged there were others besides the US in the offensive. The interviewer then asked what would he say to the 150 Italians, 180 British, the 75 Polish families who lost soldiers in the initial fight? He again refused to acknowledge we did not go it alone and still refused to acknowledge the sacrifice those soldiers made because it would be against his political point he was trying to create.

    After tactics like this they then try to throw 100% liability of bad international opinion of the USA on Bush.

    I don't care if it is Ted Kennedy or Condolisa (sp) Rice, choosing to put the US in bad light with lies for political gain it is despicable.
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 08/06/2005 at 12:33 PM.
  19. #40  
    E D I T O R I A L!!!!!

    But that's okay
    Last edited by Insertion; 08/06/2005 at 12:35 PM. Reason: because...you'll figure it out.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions