Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I just got a look at these and I think they both have potential.

Thanks for ruining my weekend!

Actually, I thought that the one right off Florida's east coast was supposed to make a hard right. Did they change the forecast? Do I need to worry?
    I'm back!
  3. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    Thanks for ruining my weekend!

Actually, I thought that the one right off Florida's east coast was supposed to make a hard right. Did they change the forecast? Do I need to worry?
    The one over by your neck of the woods looks as if it is crawling up windward side of the Bahamas. But I would keep an eye on for the next 24 hrs.. Here is the link to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    The one over by your neck of the woods looks as if it is crawling up windward side of the Bahamas. But I would keep an eye on for the next 24 hrs.. Here is the link to do so.
    It looks like it is weakening but becoming more defined. I didn't think that was possible, unless I'm not really seeing an eye form. It sure looks like it though.

They're sending a hurricane hunter into it this afternoon, they'll probably update the forecast by 5. A ship in the area reported tropical storm force winds coming from it though. Not a good sign.
    I'm back!
  5. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    It looks like it is weakening but becoming more defined. I didn't think that was possible, unless I'm not really seeing an eye form. It sure looks like it though.

They're sending a hurricane hunter into it this afternoon, they'll probably update the forecast by 5. A ship in the area reported tropical storm force winds coming from it though. Not a good sign.
    You folks down there on the east coast have all the cool hurricane toys.

There is indeed an eye forming, although weaker would not be my guess. I think what you are seeing is concentration, Just my 2 cents.
    You folks down there on the east coast have all the cool hurricane toys.
    The Air Force is kind enough to provide it to all hurricane-challenged areas free of charge!
    I'm back!
  7. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    The Air Force is kind enough to provide it to all hurricane-challenged areas free of charge!
    I thought they were run by NOAA/NASA, hmm learn something new everyday.
    I thought they were run by NOAA/NASA, hmm learn something new everyday.
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...home-headlines

A U.S. Air Force Reserve unit reconnaissance aircraft is en route to determine if a tropical depression or tropical storm has developed. If so the storm will be called Franklin.
    I'm back!
    You have more than 20 C and D batteries in your kitchen drawer.

The freezer in your garage is full of homemade ice.

You flinch when you are introduced to a person named Charley, Frances or Ivan.

You find yourself dropping words like "millibar" and "convection" into everyday conversation.

Your pantry contains more than 10 cans of Spaghetti Os.

Making coffee on your propane grill does not seem like an odd thing to do.

You are thinking of repainting your house to match the plywood covering your windows.

When describing your house to a prospective buyer, you say it has three bedrooms, two baths and one safe place.

You are on a first-name basis with the cashier at Home Depot.

You are delighted to pay $2.45 for a gallon of unleaded.

The road leading to your house has been declared a No-Wake Zone.

You decide that your patio furniture looks better on the bottom of the pool.

You have the number for FEMA on your speed dialer.

You own more than three large coolers.

You hope that someone else will get hit by the hurricane, and you don't feel guilty about it.

Three months ago you couldn't hang a shower curtain; today you can assemble a portable generator by candlelight.

You catch a 5-pound catfish. In your driveway.

You can recite from memory whole portions of your homeowner's insurance policy.

At cocktail parties, women are attracted to the guy with the biggest chain saw.

You have had tuna fish more than 5 days in a row

There is a large blue tarp in your garage.

You can rattle off the names of three or more meteorologists who work at the Weather Channel.

Someone comes to your door to tell you they found your roof.

You have 10 flashlights and 60 candles.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Hurricanes are no joke; but I gotta admit, these were the funniest!

You are thinking of repainting your house to match the plywood covering your windows.
    You hope that someone else will get hit by the hurricane, and you don't feel guilty about it.
    Three months ago you couldn't hang a shower curtain; today you can assemble a portable generator by candlelight.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    You're right...hurricanes are no joke. It's tornadoes that are laugh-a-minute
    Earthquakes! Next to sex, i can think of no better way of having excitement for 30 seconds.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  13. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Earthquakes! Next to sex, i can think of no better way of having excitement for 30 seconds.
    30 seconds huh tough guy?

Play Here
  15. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    That game sucks! What else you got?

You find yourself dropping words like "millibar" and "convection" into everyday conversation.

When describing your house to a prospective buyer, you say it has three bedrooms, two baths and one safe place.

You can rattle off the names of three or more meteorologists who work at the Weather Channel.

Being in Florida I'll add a few...

You get used to telling family you're visiting somewhere else you don't know when you're going home. (Last year I was grounded TWICE - NY and CA - due to local airport closings).

You keep extra pairs of panties and socks in ziplock bags.

You actually have a disaster escape plan.

You don't worry about getting the dings in your car fixed.

Instead of tying things down when you need to, you only untie them when you use them.

You realize that cooking on a gas grill is not only cheaper, but it won't ruin your cookware.

And....

You always keep both of your Treo batteries fully charged.

Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
    If I'm in a romantic mood. Otherwise, about 15...

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Sex DURING an earthquake?

It's sad for me to admit, but way too many of these are true.......
    I'm back!
    It's sad for me to admit, but way too many of these are true.......
    Why not jmill say which true, instead of make us search for answer...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast