Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Hence why they make different cars/trucks.

I hear this reason from alot of folks, that they like to sit up higher. I wonder about this because for me it just reaffirms to me that these vehicles are unsafe and susceptible to tipping over, via a turn or being hit on the side. But c’est la vie.
    You just have to pray you don't get sideswiped.
    I'm back!
    Why not get those corrugated sheetmetal things you slip in and are like 1/4 the price?
    Problems:
    1) You have to store them someplace. I have a lot of windows.
    2) I have a two story house, and they are a pain to haul up and down a 20 foot ladder one at a time.
    3) They take hours to install and take down with as many windows as I have. I could probably do the whole house in an hour with accordians.
    I'm back!
    Matt 24:5-8
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy
    Matt 24:5-8
    Is this another "Allah is punishing the American infidels" rant that bin Laden and his girls were spewing after Katrina?
    I'm back!
    And a truck that could be used to canyon crawling could not go around a 90degree corner at 45 mph without tipping. It all depends on what you are going to use it for.
    If you're driving around town, and making right turns at 45mph, hurricanes aren't the only thing people in your city need to worry about.

Another reason to have a big truck with all the armor, in case I come up on one of you *** holes making right (or left) turns at 45mph.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I've got just as small a car and I don't need to 'haul stuff' and if I do I will rent a truck or borrow one. I guess since you are in college you are going to need to move 'stuff' (i.e. kegs, people, bikes, furniture) since you college folks move around quite a bit, but I say get station wagon.

I myself will never buy an SUV or such urban assault vehicle for an every day car, it seems to be a waste to me all those folks sitting in their Escalades, Tahoes, Suburbans, Expeditions, etc. all by themselves. I bet if we did a study that most of the folks that buy these modes of transportation only use the extra room 5% of the time and could get by just as well with a station wagon. And another thing about trucks I HATE THE WAY THEY DRIVE!! I mean when you are driving these vehicles on the highway they drive like complete and utter dogsh**, swaying back forth, 16 mpg and less, and just general s*** driving characteristics.
    I thought you had a boat that you were going to take to NO after the hurricane. How do you tow it with a sports car? Do you get better gas mileage driving around corners at 45 MPH than driving a truck or SUV within safe limits?
    Can't we get back to worrying about Wilma and the fact that I don't have shutters?!?!
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    Can't we get back to worrying about Wilma and the fact that I don't have shutters?!?!
    Forget about Wilma, I always thought Betty was hotter. (until Rosie played her... )

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Forget about Wilma, I always thought Betty was hotter. (until Rosie played her... )
    Yeah, that ruined that fantasy in a hurry, didn't it?
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    Yeah, that ruined that fantasy in a hurry, didn't it?
    But they did throw in Halle to ease the pain a bit...
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
  11. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    I thought you had a boat that you were going to take to NO after the hurricane. How do you tow it with a sports car? Do you get better gas mileage driving around corners at 45 MPH than driving a truck or SUV within safe limits?
    A couple of my buddies have got such vehicles for towing. I really don't need to tow my boat anywhere since I live on the water. The point of going around corners was in response to Insertions comment about rock crawling.

And a truck that could be used to canyon crawling could not go around a 90degree corner at 45 mph without tipping. It all depends on what you are going to use it for.
  12. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    If you're driving around town, and making right turns at 45mph, hurricanes aren't the only thing people in your city need to worry about.

Another reason to have a big truck with all the armor, in case I come up on one of you *** holes making right (or left) turns at 45mph.
    Good god relax Insertion. It is not like I am driving around town like this, any more than you are going to be rock crawling in parking lots. Imagine if I thought you were rock crawling in public places such as parking lots. I then could say I am glad I have a fast car to get away from d***heads like you. See, but that is not the thought I had in mind, I figured you were out in the desert doing this SAFELY, just like I go to a track such as Daytona, Sebring, or Road Atlanta to turn at 45mph on 90 degree corner, SAFELY.
    Good god relax Insertion. It is not like I am driving around town like this, any more than you are going to be rock crawling in parking lots. Imagine if I thought you were rock crawling in public places such as parking lots. I then could say I am glad I have a fast car to get away from d***heads like you. See, but that is not the thought I had in mind, I figured you were out in the desert doing this SAFELY, just like I go to a track such as Daytona, Sebring, or Road Atlanta to turn at 45mph on 90 degree corner, SAFELY.
    Then you should have been more specific. All you said was (paraphrasing) "can a truck make a 90 degree turn at 45mph?"

At least I pointed out canyon crawling. There aren't many parking lots and shopping malls in the canyons - at least not in So. Cal.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234