3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    They make cars with four cylinders??
    Yep, Lotus is one of them.

And the Noble is another.

Quote Originally Posted by NRG

Im sure that neither would do well at 11,000 ' with the snow flying and 8 " of snow on the interstate
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  3. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Im sure that neither would do well at 11,000 ' with the snow flying and 8 " of snow on the interstate
    Hence why I live where it doesn't snow.
    Hey what can I say bible prophecy is always correct
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy
    I forget where in the bible it refers to 4 cylinders

WTF are those things?? I couldn't even get over a speed bump, much less go canyon crawling in one.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    no place to put stuff
    actually the start of this post was the weather and all the crazy storms
    actually the start of this post was the weather and all the crazy storms
    and......???
  10. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    WTF are those things?? I couldn't even get over a speed bump, much less go canyon crawling in one.
    And a truck that could be used to canyon crawling could not go around a 90degree corner at 45 mph without tipping. It all depends on what you are going to use it for.

I was thinking more along the lines of Mercedes and Porsches, but those wouldn't work in the mountains either.
    I'm back!
  12. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    no place to put stuff
    I've got just as small a car and I don't need to 'haul stuff' and if I do I will rent a truck or borrow one. I guess since you are in college you are going to need to move 'stuff' (i.e. kegs, people, bikes, furniture) since you college folks move around quite a bit, but I say get station wagon.

I myself will never buy an SUV or such urban assault vehicle for an every day car, it seems to be a waste to me all those folks sitting in their Escalades, Tahoes, Suburbans, Expeditions, etc. all by themselves. I bet if we did a study that most of the folks that buy these modes of transportation only use the extra room 5% of the time and could get by just as well with a station wagon. And another thing about trucks I HATE THE WAY THEY DRIVE!! I mean when you are driving these vehicles on the highway they drive like complete and utter dogsh**, swaying back forth, 16 mpg and less, and just general s*** driving characteristics.
  13. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    I was thinking more along the lines of Mercedes and Porsches, but those wouldn't work in the mountains either.
    I say you stay here in FL where the weather is almost always kind, then you can whatever mode of trans you chose.

The Elise is one of my favorite cars in the world. So clean. So pure. No garbage about it. Love it.
    5808 is your post count, not your altitude. They are a hazzard on a long grade in the mountains because they were designed to last a family in Japan their entire lifetime.
    Why are they a hazzard on long grade roads just because they were designed to last a long time? And by the way, cars built for the U.S. market are significantly different than those built for Japan, even if they share a nameplate.
    Always correct? Hardly. Is that what you heard on the Discovery Channel last night?
    I'm back!
    I've got just as small a car and I don't need to 'haul stuff' and if I do I will rent a truck or borrow one. I guess since you are in college you are going to need to move 'stuff' (i.e. kegs, people, bikes, furniture) since you college folks move around quite a bit, but I say get station wagon.

I myself will never buy an SUV or such urban assault vehicle for an every day car, it seems to be a waste to me all those folks sitting in their Escalades, Tahoes, Suburbans, Expeditions, etc. all by themselves. I bet if we did a study that most of the folks that buy these modes of transportation only use the extra room 5% of the time and could get by just as well with a station wagon. And another thing about trucks I HATE THE WAY THEY DRIVE!! I mean when you are driving these vehicles on the highway they drive like complete and utter dogsh**, swaying back forth, 16 mpg and less, and just general s*** driving characteristics.
    I love urban assault vehicles!

Besides, I love riding higher than everyone else on the road.

The Ridgeline will be next.
    I'm back!
    I say you stay here in FL where the weather is almost always kind, then you can whatever mode of trans you chose.
    This is like our 45th hurricane in the past 3 years.

I'm only being slightly sarcastic.

I hate the fact that I have to waste $15000 on shutters.
    I'm back!
  19. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I love urban assault vehicles!

Besides, I love riding higher than everyone else on the road.

The Ridgeline will be next.
    Hence why they make different cars/trucks.

I hear this reason from alot of folks, that they like to sit up higher. I wonder about this because for me it just reaffirms to me that these vehicles are unsafe and susceptible to tipping over, via a turn or being hit on the side. But c’est la vie.
  20. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    This is like our 45th hurricane in the past 3 years.

I'm only being slightly sarcastic.

I hate the fact that I have to waste $15000 on shutters.
    Why not get those corrugated sheetmetal things you slip in and are like 1/4 the price?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast