Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well I just got back from visiting my family in Laredo and San Antonio for a two-week venture....and man is that tagline true (haven't been there in over 13 years). The architecture, the BEER, the food, the fauna, and of course the different language...completely different "country" than North Carolina. Man I had a blast! So much that when I got back to NC, I went to the City of San Antonio website and applied for three engineering positions with them.

Oh and just to keep it a little "on-topic" even though this is an "off-topic" forum, my cousin works for VZW in SA and she said she may be able to get me a discount on a 650...so after almost a year of cruisin these webpages...I might finally get my own (yeah, I'm slack)
    hey Rico... are you sure you weren't visiting Quebec? It's a whole other country up here too!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_OTR_Fan
    hey Rico... are you sure you weren't visiting Quebec? It's a whole other country up here too!
    Well, Laredo was having a heat wave where they broke the high temperatures for 4 days in a row....and it got to 110 and 111 for those 4 days....was Quebec that hot two weeks back? And I do wish to add that on average, San Antonio is about 5-10 degrees COOLER than Laredo! But even with the heat, I still had a blast!
    Quote Originally Posted by RicoM
    Well, Laredo was having a heat wave where they broke the high temperatures for 4 days in a row....and it got to 110 and 111 for those 4 days....was Quebec that hot two weeks back? And I do wish to add that on average, San Antonio is about 5-10 degrees COOLER than Laredo! But even with the heat, I still had a blast!

Shheeesh!!!! And I thought we were hot in Sacramento...we only got to 107!!

Only been to San Antonio once in my lifetime. A five-day conference back in 1999. Great city. Stayed in a hotel right on the River Walk and within walking distance from the Alamo. I had a great time. They definitely know how to have fun.

Good luck, hope you get one of the jobs you applied for
    Never argue with an *****; people watching may not be able to tell the difference. - Author unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_OTR_Fan
    ahhh yes, Laradeo. The only place you can stand up to your %$#hole in mud, and have the dust blow in yer face!

Ya'll come back now....Ya here?

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Laredo, home for the past eight years. I want out please!
    Quote Originally Posted by BP_B850
    Hey I'm a yankee transplant, and I've lived in Texas for 27 years now. She's been good to me.

But DAMN it's hot!

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by BP_B850
    My wife got the biggest kick out of BP asking, "Are you US citizens". We were asked that twice...once while going to San Antonio and once when we flew out of Laredo. I thought she was going to pose with one of ya'll for a picture. She's a big kid sometimes
  9. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    So much that when I got back to NC, I went to the City of San Antonio website and applied for three engineering positions with them.
    Be careful it is damn hot. It is not too bad with shorts, but if you got to wear the monkey suit (a suit) like I did it becomes unbearable. I feel like Bugs Bunny does "It is a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there."
    We get that all the time. Personally, I really enjoyed it in 2001 when I was working in Key West, Florida. I would see people getting off the cruises and you could read their lips; WHAT THE F%^$ IS THE BORDER PATROL DOING HERE?
    NRG; eventually, you get used to the heat. And YES, I still want to leave this town.
    Quebec is across the river... and it was 103 here at 5:30 in the afternoon the other day. With the humidity factored in (the Humidex reading) it was 110.

Actual temperature or humidex over 30 (oops, that's celcius and it ='s 86F) here really kicks the $h!t out of the traffic through my restaurants... I call it the "Rule of 30".

Glad to hear you had a blast!
    Hey..

y'all know how the Texas Highway Department decides were the exit ram goes?

They look for tire ruts in the grass, between the service road and highway. And if the tire ruts are at a certain depth, they put in a paved exit or on ramps.

Chuck
    What was her name?
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    I live in the Rio Grande Valley (30 years) south of Laredo and have been itching to get out of here and head to NC! HOT HOT HOT! BTW, we're about to get hit by Hurricane Emily. 8)
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    When those Texicans come here to ski every winter...sheesh
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Texaricans?
    JLCZL; Any hurricane updates?
    CT transplant here. Been in Houston 7 years now.
    BP 850.........I think you are going to stay in Laredo for a LOOOOOOOOOONG Time!!!!!!!Dont you worry I am in the same boat.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl
    I live in the Rio Grande Valley (30 years) south of Laredo and have been itching to get out of here and head to NC! HOT HOT HOT! BTW, we're about to get hit by Hurricane Emily. 8)
    Well my cousin asked me to describe NC for him and the only word I could come up with is...... GREEN. Since he lived in Laredo, that's the main thing he'd notice. Now I enjoyed visiting my family in Laredo, but that's definately one place I DON"T want to live. San Antonio on average is cooler than Laredo and the land is soooo much nicer. Laredo's land just seems "harsh". And the funny thing is, it's only 2 hours south of SA.

Oh, I hope you get some rain for Emily...not necessarily the wind, but Lord knows you need the rain.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast