Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have read all of the books and have enjoyed them. I am looking forward to the release in a day or two of the next one, just as I would any other release of a series I was reading.

Insertion made a comment of counting down to the Harry Potter release, so I had to ask......Are you a fan or reader of Harry Potter? Are you going to buy (have already prepaid) for the new Harry Potter book?

If so, here is fun stuff you might like:

Then take the Harry Potter Quiz and see how you stack up!

How Much Do You Know About Harry Potter?
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5068210/

Out of 13 questions I missed 3, totally guessed on 4 of them and knew on half for sure, but I guess I am a good guesser:
    You answered 77% of the questions correctly.
    You are a Hogwarts professor. Good work! Hop on your broomstick and take a victory lap around the block.

Will these questions be answered?

Will next ‘Potter’ book answer these questions?
    Romance, dragons among secrets yet to be revealed

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8554108/

What happened to Norbert the dragon?
    Will Ron and Hermione finally become a couple?
    Will Harry ever get a girlfriend?
    When will we get to know the rest of the Weasley family?
    Will Harry rid himself of the giant chip on his shoulder?
    Who will be the next Defense Against The Dark Arts teacher?
    Just what role will Neville Longbottom play in the resolution of the series?
    Will Harry or the other characters time-travel again, as they did at the end of "Prisoner Of Azkaban"?
    What secrets are yet to be revealed about Harry’s parents, and their generation of Hogwarts students? And just how much does Harry take after James Potter?
    Are there any new flavors of Bertie Bott’s Every Flavor Beans?
    What is the precise nature of the relationship between Harry and Voldemort?
    Was it an accident Harry was almost sent into Slytherin?
    Who — if anyone — will die in this book?
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 07/14/2005 at 02:58 PM.
    The pope doesn't like Harry Potter http://apnews.excite.com/article/200...D8BB81FG0.html

but I do.
    Thanks for taking our quiz. You answered 85% of the questions correctly.
    You are a Hogwarts professor. Good work! Hop on your broomstick and take a victory lap around the block.

I missed the Dark Arts teacher question. I totally vacilated back and forth on that one too....in the end I stuck with my gut feeling as you are never supposed to change an answer...guess I should have this time!

I also missed the Hogwarts, Beauxbatons and Durmstrang question. I wasn't sure of my answer ( I said England, France and Germany ) but I guess I just went on impression given by the names and descriptions of the characters...Didn't work out for me....

So, I missed 2, not too shabby for having read them last year.
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, Sergeant, USMC
    Thanks for taking our quiz. You answered 100% of the questions correctly.
    You are Albus Dumbledore. You are truly the greatest wizard of the age.

I love the Harry Potter Books...have pre-ordered too.
    Quote Originally Posted by tippymn
    Thanks for taking our quiz. You answered 100% of the questions correctly.
    You are Albus Dumbledore. You are truly the greatest wizard of the age.

I love the Harry Potter Books...have pre-ordered too.
    Word, you 0wned that MF.
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, Sergeant, USMC
    Harry Potter isn't real either.

Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
    "Thanks for taking our quiz. You answered 69% of the questions correctly.
    You are a Hogwarts professor. Good work! Hop on your broomstick and take a victory lap around the block."

I guess that shows I am a casual fan. My daughter loves the books and movies.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Thanks for taking our quiz. You answered 38% of the questions correctly.
    You are a First-year. You know how to cast a few spells, but you've still got a few things to learn...

Like reading the book? I read the questions and answered logically. But a book read? Never in the series.

Pamela
    DesignExtend.com
    Quote Originally Posted by mediasi

Pamela
    No he's not, but the books are fun reads and my kids enjoy them and we get to discuss them.
    Sorry, Tippy. That was addressed to Hobbes. I should have done a quote on it. Not dogging Harry there (though I don't care for it).

Pamela
    DesignExtend.com
    15 year dayghter is a HP fanatic. We will be at the bookstore Friday at midnight. I have not read any of the books, but loved all 3 movies, thus far.

Cheers, Perry.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by mediasi

Pamela
    Hey...I resemble the remark!
  13.    #13  
    IMPORTANT MESSAGE :

For all you fast readers out there.....NO Plot Spoiling Posts without this disclaimer:

PLOT SPOILER FOLLOWING
  14.    #14  
    Useless Harry Potter Facts:

How many Harry Potter books exist in the world?

• If all Harry Potter books ever sold were placed end to end, they would go around the equator 1.4 times.

• If all the Harry Potter books ever sold were laid flat, they would cover the area of about 1,000 football pitches. Or they could be used to carpet Monaco 3.7 times.

• On its first day of sales in the United Kingdom, "Harry Potter and the Order of The Phoenix" sold at a rate of 21 books per second.

• If all those books sold in the U.K. in the first day were stacked up, the pile would be 12 times higher than Mount Everest.

• If one person were to read every Harry Potter book ever sold — at a rate of one per day — it would take him or her more than 700,000 years to do so.

• The total number of Harry Potter books ever sold is more than the populations of Britain, France, Germany and Italy combined.

How many "Harry Potter" parties are happening?

2327 according to www.potterparties.com

I think I will wait to at least Monday to pick up my copy.
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    I am in line right now with my wife at our local Borders its 11:45ishpm.....this place is crazy....we all have numbers to stay in order....well its not working all that well. It is amazing to watch people go into crazy moron mode. It is almost as bad as the people standing in line at 3am at Best Buy the day after Thanksgiving.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Palm Pre (x2 referb)
    Twitter
    daughter is on page 425, although I read the last 5 . . . . . .

and I am not telling.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I read all of the Harry Potters on Ebook using my Treo 300 and 600. But I heard that they wont be issuing the 6th book on ebook. If anyone sees one let me know!

BenJoe
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    daughter is on page 425, although I read the last 5 . . . . . .

and I am not telling.

She finished and I am still not telling. WOW!
    Last edited by gtwo; 07/16/2005 at 07:30 PM.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Found the ebook and finished it!
    Okay, hopefully, most people are done reading; the situation with Dumbledore. .. . . does that mean Harry won't have to die in taking down "he who shall not be named" in the 7th book?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast