Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by zvandiver
    What is forgotten in all of this noise is that the Bush administration cooked the books to justify going after Saddam by invading Iraq. There have been false statements on both sides, but that doesn't change the fact that the American people were misled about the reasons for invading Iraq.
    That about sums it up!
    Al Gore lost. Get over it.
    The problem I had with Bush v Gore was that the Court seemed to put politics above law (every person on the court, including the dissenting 4). The states rights folks were saying ignore the state supreme court while the fed rights folks demanded the state's rights be respected.
    Unless you were in the room, You'll only know what you've been told, read or fed.
    I interpret (sik) that to mean that none of us here, are in a position to really know Jack. (self included)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLiveSoundGuy
    I interpret (sik) that to mean that none of us here, are in a position to really know Jack.
    If you flip it around then, we only know what we are told. That makes it much more important for our government to be transparent in its operation and forthcoming about policy so we can all KNOW.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    If you flip it around then, we only know what we are told. That makes it much more important for our government to be transparent in its operation and forthcoming about policy so we can all KNOW.
    No argument there. But, I'm also a realist. I don't see that ever happening in our lifetime anyway. Also I'm not sure I want it completely transparent, but I'm smart enough to know that there is a lot that goes on I don't want to, or ever need to know about.
    Last edited by TheLiveSoundGuy; 07/14/2005 at 05:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    And if we ALL had smartphones, we'd surely be in the know!!!

(sorry, could NOT resist)

Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
    Quote Originally Posted by mediasi

Pamela
    If phones were that smart, would they still want to be phones?

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Didnt Wilson "out" his own wife when he married her
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLiveSoundGuy
    No argument there. But, I'm also a realist. I don't see that ever happening in our lifetime anyway. Also I'm not sure I want it completely transparent, but I'm smart enough to know that there is a lot that goes on I don't want to, or ever need to know about.
    I agree. Im also a realist but I dont let that stop me from wanting things to be ideal (Yes, I want my cake and I want to eat it too.)

Seriously though, there are things that certain parts of the citizenry shouldnt be privy to (at least not while things are going on....i.e. national security type issues come to mind.)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by mediasi

Pamela
    WE all dont? Seriously, if the next treo gets any better, I think they'll end up taking market share from laptops.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12