1.    #1  
    Wanna get a portable mp3 player for my wife for her b-day in August. Leaning toward an Ipod because it's pretty much the standard and it has a great interface which would make it easy for her to use (she is pretty techno-friendly though).

But I do know while it's the most popular it's not necessarily the best out there.

What are some of the other top alternatives you guys and gals use? (plz dont suggest Treo and Ptunes

Get her an iPod...tons of accessories.

I'm finally getting one of these interfaces for my car stereo

http://www.alpine-usa.com/products/l...h_kca-420i.htm

can also get interfaces for Kenwood and Pioneer decks.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    Wanna get a portable mp3 player for my wife for her b-day in August. Leaning toward an Ipod because it's pretty much the standard and it has a great interface which would make it easy for her to use (she is pretty techno-friendly though).

But I do know while it's the most popular it's not necessarily the best out there.

What are some of the other top alternatives you guys and gals use? (plz dont suggest Treo and Ptunes
    I did get my husbnad the Muvo Slim because the keys are like a tape player and he could figure them out (he's blind) and it's easy to use, but I'll be honest... The iPOD blows away any portable player I've used or demo'd at a store. It is easy to use, and the sound clarity is absolutely phenomenal.

Yeah, it's pricey, and you're chatting with a frugal person here (not cheap, just research and spend only what I need) and the iPod, I think, is well worth the money.

I do recommend you get at least a skin, or a belt clip case right away. I carried mine in a soft pouch the first few days before I got anything off eBay and scratched the front - I'm the only one who notices, but it bothers me!

And if your wife works out, y'know, the arm bands annoy me. I picked up the iSport - http://speckproducts.com/isport.html. Yeah, it's bulky but it offers great protection!

Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
    If you want to get one of the online music services, check out which players are compatible. Yahoo Unlimited at $6.99 a month is an incredible deal but I don't think you can use an iPod with that service.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Ipod ,I own 2 the Shuffle 1g and the u2 model, as some one said earlier there's a billion types accessories out there for it and it very good unit with great support from apple.

IB505: When you decide not to pay Yahoo the monthly charge what happens? Do you loose all the music downloaded?
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjones
    IB505: When you decide not to pay Yahoo the monthly charge what happens? Do you loose all the music downloaded?
    Yes. You are 'renting' the music for $6.99 a month. There is an additional fee for burning. But if your player is supported, there is no need to burn and theoretically, you have access to millions of songs a month for a very low price.

Personally, I LOVE my iPod. Thinking of getting a second wife so my wife doesn't borrow (to be read as "steal") mine all the time. I looked at a bunch of the music services out there and decided to wait to see what the iTunes for Windows was like before I made a decision. As soon as it was released, I downloaded it, put it through the motions, and RAN to Best Buy to get the iPod.
    I liked the Rio Carbon, comes in a 5 or 6G and the Li-Ion battery last longer. It's shorter and easier to fit in your pocket and still sit down. Records voice too. Unless you have a Mac or alreadyy use AAC, I would look at that as well. GOt it for my wife too. We use WMA at 128bps.

Just my 2 cents...Matt
    ipod.

just got one for my daughter (4yr) and she loves it, too.
    she can take all her mp3s when she is with other family members and also can play it when in their cars.
    it is great to hear her singing along.

she had all the controls figured out within 5 minutes out of the box.
    iBug
    mac osx user new beetle pilot powerbook operator smartphone communicator

----------
    vzw.kyo6035 > vzw.kyo7135 > vzw.treo600 > sprint.treo650
  10.    #10  
    Ok that about confirms it for me. Thanks all.

Hey Joe! Where U been??
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    some guys prefer a new one called iAUDIO, much better than iPOD, it's just not marketing this product very well.

So many MP3 players, competetive!!
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    And be sure to check this - put out by a company that makes "techie" vests to store all your accessories.

http://www.scottevest.com/ipod/index.shtml
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    Hey Joe! Where U been??
    Playing a lot of Battlefield 2 lately.

Playing a lot of Battlefield 2 lately.
    Well dont turn your back on some of your most bestist friends
    Well behaved women rarely make history