Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Someone just threw a rock through my husband's window - glass everywhere. Waiting for cops to arrive.

Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
    Quote Originally Posted by mediasi
    Someone just threw a rock through my husband's window - glass everywhere. Waiting for cops to arrive.

Pamela
    umm, okay we're here for you. what kind of car?
    holy sh!t

hang tight...I'm sure they'll be there soon.

Let us know when everything is OK!
    Last edited by dutchtrumpet; 07/12/2005 at 10:41 PM.
  4.    #4  
    No car! Just sitting here in my office and I hear a big crash - I figured the cats knocked something over. I go in my hubby's office and there's a rock the size of your fist on the floor. I look up and there's glass everywhere.

Pamela
    DesignExtend.com
  5.    #5  
    Well, waiting. But in the interim, ain't technology great?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    DesignExtend.com
  6.    #6  
    Response time: 1 hour, 20 minutes

# of cops outside my house: 2

# who came in to see the damage: zero

Number of minutes they were here: 8

Trying to explain to my dog why she can't come in hubby's office though she's not in trouble? Difficult

Having a rock on the mantle so you'll have another story to share: priceless.

This nervous gal is hitting the sack.
    DesignExtend.com
    It was probably that Hobbes character...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    It was probably that Hobbes character...
    I thought that, actually. Then stopped and said, "Wait, he's not real is he? Well, maybe... no, he can't be."

Pamela
    DesignExtend.com
    So did anyone see anything outside? (any CCTV cameras outside that might have caught anyone in the area?)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Man....I thought I felt my ears burning tonight!

I am glad you and your family, animals included, are all okay!!!
    1 hr, 20 minute response time.

And some people don't own a firearm.
    Hey Pam, glad you are all okay. I hope that you can shake the "willies" today. Most likely kids with nothing better to do than to hear glass break. At least we got an Insertion post out of it. . . . . .

Again, glad you are all okay.

(Kids went thru our neighborhood 2 years ago with a slingshot, putting 1 inch marbles thru windows, one whizzed right over us in bed and hit the wall behind us. I will understand your "willies" for a few days.)

Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 07/13/2005 at 08:27 AM.
    Response time: 1 hour, 20 minutes

# of cops outside my house: 2
    WoW! That was fast!
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911sforever
    1 hr, 20 minute response time.

And some people don't own a firearm.
    I imagine the police were dealing with some guy threatening to kill his wife with his firearm (or something rather) in the meanwhile. I'm sure they would have set priorities differently in a more urgent or dangerous case...
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    So did anyone see anything outside? (any CCTV cameras outside that might have caught anyone in the area?)
    Nope. Would someone else try to convince hubby that these are a good idea and can be done quite inexpensively.

I told him today I wanted him and a neighbor just to mount a box on the house that looks like a camera.

Pamela
    DesignExtend.com
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    I imagine the police were dealing with some guy threatening to kill his wife with his firearm (or something rather) in the meanwhile. I'm sure they would have set priorities differently in a more urgent or dangerous case...
    Except for the fact that I told them that the man of the house is blind and we were nervous.

I don't mind the time, but they take your phone number down, how bout someone just giving a call to let you know that they really are going to come.

Pamela
    DesignExtend.com
  17.    #17  
    Update:

Every now and then we get rough teens who don't live here messing around in our streets. Great neighborhood for the most part but I guess it attracts the doofuses sometimes. One night I walked out of my house at 1 a.m. to find two kids fighting on our lawn.

Hubby says two nights ago bunch of kids were making all sorts of noise by our house at 4 a.m., in the street. Apparently the cops were called (but not by us). He thinks it was "payback."

At any rate, gonna be fun, fun, fun to get a new window in.
    DesignExtend.com
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    And the police could be certain that the rock through the window wasn't the precursor to a home take over robbery? A home invasion can take place in tens of seconds...how long do you think it takes to get through to a 911 operator in some areas?

Just this past week the Supreme Court again stated that the police have NO OBLIGATION to protect citizens. They exist to enforce the law. If the two happen to overlap, all is well and good. But if they draw a white chalk outline around the bodies of your family members they have fulfilled their role.
    Update:

Every now and then we get rough teens who don't live here messing around in our streets. Great neighborhood for the most part but I guess it attracts the doofuses sometimes. One night I walked out of my house at 1 a.m. to find two kids fighting on our lawn.

Hubby says two nights ago bunch of kids were making all sorts of noise by our house at 4 a.m., in the street. Apparently the cops were called (but not by us). He thinks it was "payback."

At any rate, gonna be fun, fun, fun to get a new window in.
    Aren't you in Miami? Which neighborhood do you guys live in? As someone who used to live in Miami, I'm so glad I decided to move up north to Boca.
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    Aren't you in Miami? Which neighborhood do you guys live in? As someone who used to live in Miami, I'm so glad I decided to move up north to Boca.
    Elitist *******!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast