Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey, folks. I've been checking this forum for any info. on forthcoming Treos and I haven't been able to find anything at all in a long time! I am surprised, considering how much we love these things, that no one has gotten any "insights" or even ideas of what the next Treo will actually be like or when it will be coming (I'm not talking about Wish Lists, but real expectations)! With Sprint releasing their new EVDO service later this year, I'd think a new Treo ought to come early next year or so. How about that whole "family" of Treos that Palm hyped so much before the release of the Treo 650? I personally can't wait for a FLIP Treo! Anyone got any news, thoughts, insights, opinions they'd like to share? For us gadget freaks, the moment we get a new one is the time we start thinking about replacement. Kind of pathetic, but true. I am very interested in the "family" of Treos that has been hyped up for so long, as well as variations on the design of the hardware.

Please note this is not a "Wish List" Thread, but somewhere to post thoughts on when info. about a new Treo may leak or your opinions on when we will hear about something new coming. I miss checking TreoCentral 10 times a day for info. about the 650!

Thanks, all!
    try one of the other threads just like this.

lame (imho)

also, what does this have to do with treo 650 hardware??!!!??
    Last edited by dutchtrumpet; 07/13/2005 at 08:46 AM.
    Search on "Treo Killer!11111!!!1oneoneone!!1111!exclamation11111period..." or any of the other flavors of insanity.

In all seriousness, there are many threads speculating on EVDO implementation and the Treo 700. Searching on Treo 700 would yield some positive results.
  4.    #4  
    Dutchtrumpet: It's simple. I do not check this site 24 times a day like you b/c I have better things to do, and there is no category for new hardware, so the obvious is that you post under Treo 650 b/c any new Treo would be an update of it.

Thanks evilghost for pointing in the right direction.
    try treo general chat.
    What are you trying to imply? We're losers because we check T|C too much? Great way to get us to post in your thread. Jerk.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Great way to get us to post in your thread. Jerk.
    Who asked you to reply? So who is the jerk?

And isn't it up to the moderators to decide if a thread is in the right forum?

I too, would love to hear real rumors about upcoming new models. Wishlist are nice, but no more than that. Actual info/rumours (HOAX or not, PhotoShopped or not) about actual hardware would be nice. Of course Palm (okay today still palmOne) must be working on new models, since they promised us a whole family of Treo's, so were's the news?
    Quote Originally Posted by Roel
    Who asked you to reply? So who is the jerk?

And isn't it up to the moderators to decide if a thread is in the right forum?

I too, would love to hear real rumors about upcoming new models. Wishlist are nice, but no more than that. Actual info/rumours (HOAX or not, PhotoShopped or not) about actual hardware would be nice. Of course Palm (okay today still palmOne) must be working on new models, since they promised us a whole family of Treo's, so were's the news?

Check out some of the existing rumor threads

And yes it is up to the mods...that must be why they moved this from "Treo 650 HW" to "Treo General Chat"
    Quote Originally Posted by Roel
    ...real rumors...
    There's a word for this.

Well, several actually.

Oxymoron is one.

Facts are another.

I'll try to be good and leave it at that.
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by fstubbe
    ,,,,,,I do not check this site 24 times a day,,,,,, I have better things to do,,,,,
    Better is an ambiguous term so I wont ask but your statement implies that reading this board is not important. Of coures your right,,, in general it is not important. It is a leisure activity and of course rating anothers leasure activities is a ridicules idea because of the nature of leisure activitiy itself. So I will not take offense to your statement as it means nothing and applies to no one.

P.S. I am also extremely excited about a clamshell Treo,,,I assume that is what you meant since there has already been a flip Treo.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    P.S. I am also extremely excited about a clamshell Treo,,,I assume that is what you meant since there has already been a flip Treo.
    HECK YES, DUDE!! THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN TRYIN' TO SAY!! I want a nice big screen and a nice big keyboard that are both covered when closed. Also, when it's closed...I can use it as a candybar phone...so much better than a candybar treo!! CLAMSHELL, BABY!! YEAH!!
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    I want a nice big screen and a nice big keyboard that are both covered when closed. Also, when it's closed...I can use it as a candybar phone...so much better than a candybar treo!!
    If the keyboard and screen are covered, how would you use it when closed?
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Quote Originally Posted by fstubbe
    I do not check this site 24 times a day like you b/c I have better things to do.
    Shame on you... As you may know there is a search and a new posts option. They are very useful and they exist for you to use them. Remember to always search before asking, if not you are setting yourself for flames.

Al
    I would pay a grand for a flip/twist/and close clamshell palm phone with high res screen, a 507 processor an SD slot and a qwerty keyboard.

Like the 505. But I dont know how they would position the qwerty kb on there.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle
    If the keyboard and screen are covered, how would you use it when closed?
    Hmm....I'd use the phone just like every other phone when closed. Then when I need to use PDA functions, I'd open it up....not too bad! I don't use my 650 with one hand, I use it with two hands....so, I'd rather have a flip device with a large keyboard and VGA screen. You can't get that with a clamshell phone. The screen/keyboard are too damn small.

I'm with James, I'd pay a grand for a tablet clamshell device that had all wireless radios (wifi, wimax, ev-do, etc.), but I think it's gonna be awhile in palm land. The HTC Universal is close to what I'm talking about, but too large and it can't be used as a phone as it doesn't have a keypad on the top when closed.

Screw a candybar.
    Thats pretty nice
  17.    #17  
    OMG! Some people take this whole thing waaay too personal. I must clarify, I checked this site 50 times a day when there was new info. about the Treo 650 coming in all the time. It's absolutely my favorite gadget! I did search a bit and did not realize the new Treo was referred to as "Treo 700"! So I thought I'd post something, and if you didn't find it interesting, you just wouldn't read it or reply to it, period. Spending time on this site is a great leisure, better than reading about all the sad stuff going on everywhere else in the world. I am in no way putting down anyone by trying to defend myself against insults. This is supposed to be a fun place to be in, and no place for insults. DrDoom, you got no class, this is no place for insults, and I will suggest to the moderator that you are permanently removed. You add much less value to this site by insulting others than someone who starts a conversation that few want to be be part of (which is what many have suggested about this one).

Thanks to the several of you who have come out in defense.
    If there are any casual readers who cant picture the pda phone grndslm is talking about it would look like this
    Last edited by jamespaulritter; 07/13/2005 at 03:14 PM.
    So swhat wll the treo 900 look like?
    wow...I tell the guy his thread is a duplicate and any info he wants has already been posting and...

wow

lighten up francis. Dr. Doom shouldn'3 be banned...that's just silly. He should be banned about as much as you should be for posting a dupe thread in the wrong forum.

everybody be like the Fonze
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast