Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Nice, this way mulch doesn't go off and hit Fido in the eye.
    Well, Barkley and Bentley (the two little yappy dogs next door) are in trouble if they're outside when the wind picks up from the bark that's in the planters and the rubber mulch that's in the playground. The rubber mulch is nice, it's made from recycled tires. It's heaver than wood mulch and is supposed to resist flying....we'll see.

See, this is what I am talking about. Nice grill by the way.
    Not to sound like a commercial, but if you like the taste of a charcoal grill but prefer the convenience of gas, this is the only way to go. I can't recommend the grill enough. You just fire up the gas long enough to get the coals going, and then let the coals do the rest. Convince the wife you need one of these for your barbecues.

I was thinking something along the lines of a Fairchild Merlin
    To quote Jaws, I think we're gonna need a bigger boat. Is that yours?
    I'm back!
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    To quote Jaws, I think we're gonna need a bigger boat. Is that yours?
    No it is not mine but I know guy that all he does is buy and sell planes, so we could get just about anything we need with enough notice.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    I knew that would get a reaction out of you!

It's a 99 Jeep Grand Cherokee,
    That explains it...you got a Mall Crawler.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    sorry to break away from grills and jeeps

but there have been experiments to attempt to modify hurricanes through cloud seeding etc --

http://www.hurricaneville.com/project_stormfury.html

One of the worries is that rather than simply diminish its lethality, hurricane "seeding" (w/silver hallide) might also cause the storm to change directions and attack a different location.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  5. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    One of the worries is that rather than simply diminish its lethality, hurricane "seeding" (w/silver hallide) might also cause the storm to change directions and attack a different location.
    Good so long as it doesn't hit Jim and I's backyards. NIMBY=Not In My Back Yard
    NIMBY=Not In My Back Yard
    The first thing leftist parents teach their children to speak NIMBY...NIMBY
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  7. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    The first thing leftist parents teach their children to speak NIMBY...NIMBY
    Atleast they teach us. By the way isn't this Bush's policy?
    Keeping your kids in the trunk of your car is also in keeping with "No Child Left Behind"
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    watched the network news tonight and saw the mention of a million + dollar house on the beach, which was destroyed for the second time (in 2 years) by a hurricane.

At the story's close someone says, don't worry you'll just rebuild (for the 3rd time).

Should the govt subsidize building on places that are known to be so risky that no rational private insurer would cover it ???
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    That explains it...you got a Mall Crawler.
    It seemed like a good idea at the time.....
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    Should the govt subsidize building on places that are known to be so risky that no rational private insurer would cover it ???
    Like LA or SF? Like Miami, Ft Lauderdale, or Palm Beach? Sounds like a lot of tax dollars that would be pissed away.

Define "so risky". There has never been a hurricane season like the one last year to affect Florida in the last 100 years. So should all development be stopped in the event that it might happen again? They've been saying for years that LA or SF are going to sink into the Pacific one of these days, I don't see any of those Hollywood-types moving out of there.

And isn't this the point of insurance to begin with? Floridians have been paying steep homeowners insurance rates for years, and then when State Farm or Allstate has to pay out one year's worth of hurricane claims, they start crying. I didn't hear them crying for the first 20 years they were collecting premiums without paying a single claim on those houses. Insurance companies seem to forget that they aren't banks, their job is to pay in the event of a disaster, not whine about it and pack up.
    I'm back!
    Well, it looks like Emily will spare Florida. If I lived in Texas, I'd start paying attention to this one.
    I'm back!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123